What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chevy's CBD skunk haze blumatized 250W hps organic soil grow

M

maestroman22

You definitely should my man! I think you'll find plants of all varieties love them! Just brew as little, or as much, as it takes to saturate your plants front and back (both sides of the leaves). The smell is generally pretty earthy...the only scent I know not to mess with is sour-this generally means that the tea has went anaerobic. I generally only brew about a gallon at a time as my garden isn't huge. However, in the summer I normally do 5-10 gallons at a time and apply 2-3 times a week. I vary the teas from time to time so they get a little different variety each time.

Nice work you've got going Chevy! I hope all turns out well for you my man!

maestroman! Thanks for enlightening me!
I've never worked with teas, but I do like the idea a lot.
I've also read about them quite a bit, just was not familiar with the short name.
I'm thinking my space is too small for this right now, but maybe I'll just brew up a small 5L bucket or sumpin.

How's the odor of one of these in action. Yeah depending on what you put in the sack, but any too wild of odors you encountered ?

thanks man!

cc

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Maestroman,
Ah ! foliar feeding? O thought you used you teas to fertilize the soil.
What do you put in your bag if I may ask?
Guano and other, literally, shit?
Mhhhh just had the first one of my first tomatoes grown under hps !
I must say, compared to the stuff from the supermarket, it tasted like a tomato !
Harvested 5 today and plenty more are ripening up.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks soil margin!
Smoke report will be "in the pipe" soon after chopping & drying, guess I'll cure for about a week or two before the first try.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update day 117/ 80th day of flower

update day 117/ 80th day of flower

Hi everyone,
I said next update would be chop, but things are taking a bit longer it seems...

Then again I might have let them go a little too long...

Here's the tent after 80 days of flowering:

picture.php

the buds have really fattened up, but the plants look totally fucked...

Here are the CBD skunk hazes:
picture.php

and here are the jackflashes:
picture.php

they look fried...
I think I might have actually nute burn them in the beggining of flushing by using drip clean with the flush water.It unlocks the salt buildups from the coco. Guess that might have been a bit too much.
Well now there are definitely not many nutes left, the flush water runoff read below 200ppm.

Here's a closeup of the bigger JF plant:
picture.php

Here are two closeups of the CBD plants, check out the slight purpeling of the buds:

one with flash
picture.php

They're defininitely ready. I got amber trichomes, enough to know the plants have crossed their zenith and are ready to be harvested.

so long, next update WILL be chop ;-)

take care and stay safe,

cc

I cut of the water today and will leave them in total darkness for 48hours before chop.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
chop chop

chop chop

Hi everyone,
I took granger's advice and so after 118 days from seed and 81days of flowering, today the CBD skunk hazes came down.

Here are pics of a few buds, I'll post an overview of the complete harvest when it's dried.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
chop chop

chop chop

picture.php

picture.php

as I said pics of the dried herb and a smoke report will follow.
I'll also post pics of the dried jack flashes and more tomatoe pics.

So far I can say all three plants were great, so much vigor, no hermie tendencies...and they have a smell to them...omg. Even though they all smell slightly different I want to wear a facemask stuffed with these buds 24/7. it has somthing like loquorice, blackcurrant in them, a hint of vanilla (?) too and something a bit sour and slightly sharper.
Great stuff, thanks CBD crew& DP for making these.

take care everyone& stay safe

cc

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
First of all regardless of what the seed seller told you that is not a Skunk/Haze. I am not saying the plant is no good I am just saying it is not a Skunk X Haze. I made the very first Skunk X Haze more then 30 years ago, I grow them every year, those are not SkunkXHaze. Does it smell hazy?
I have been seeing CBD Skunk X Haze around for a while from Dutch Passion: "To create this variety our Haze/Skunk (winner of the 1992 High Times Cannabis Cup) was carefully crossed with a high CBD variety." They say it is 5% THC and 5% CBD. I have heard others say higher.
I heard that the Skunk/Haze was crossed with a hemp variety, is that true?
-SamS

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Sam,
an honor to have you here!
Hmmm no idea what it could be, but I ordered cbd skunk haze from cbd crew/ dutch passion and that's what it said on the sealed pack too...

I need to get high CBD buds to a couple sick friends in need, who all want to give CBD MJ a try. No money involved, I've grown this just to help a couple buddies ( of course I kept a mom of each plant).

To be honest I can't compare like you and also don't have your experience... I have never grown skunk.
So far I have only been growing jack flash in my little cab under LEDs( the other grow in my sig)

I am more experienced in smoking it than in growing it hahaha, but it def. has a hazy smell to it.
It does look like the pic on the CBD crew site.
They must have crossed SOME high CBD strain into it at some point, coul have been hemp... I have no detailled info on that.

No means of getting it tested where I'm at either.

the plants were very resinous and have a lovely smell, I just want to breath it 24/7 !
the effects....
Well, after drying and curing I will know if I got a cbd rich variety, I'm familiar with that cbd glow.

what do you think the plant looks like ?

You think they pirated your skunk x haze for this strain ? were you in contact with them at some point? I mean if they work your strain, they should let you know, eh ?

take care and all the best,

cc

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
No problem, It must me a Skunk/Haze times a Hemp variety that is why it don't look like a Skunk/Haze it is half hemp. I glad you like it. If the parents are mine or not I have no idea and I am not sure I care. It just did not look right. All the best.
-SamS

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Sam, I am under the impression you will recognize your stuff, ;-)
so it must be hemp or some other variety
in there. I don't mind it.I'm looking for just a slight thc buzz plus the CBD glow and all of both's medicinal properties.
I'll let you know how it does after it's cured !
It's still drying right now but soon to be jarred.

take care& stay safe,

cc

autojd

Bump

Bump

Same question here, I have one running in SCROG, seems quite vigorous and the yield will be OK, smells hazy but too early to tell for the smoke, so how is it Chevy ?

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update !

update !

Hi everyone,
asI said, I'm back with a report . In the meantime it's cured and smells/ tastes truly delicious !

Here's plant #1:
picture.php

as I said I don't give a shit about bag appeal ;-)
This one must have a rather high THC content though, the CBD is in there, you feel the glow, but a quite heavy buzz with it... lasted not that long I must say, couple hours...
tastes rather spicy, a tiny bit of citrus and floral... well not the best in these discriptions sorry.
Smokes real smooth, no wonder after the 2 months of cure.

Here's#2
picture.php

Her and #3 are almost identical.
Now here we are talking CBD!! slight THC buzz but then that warm CBD glow... yeah this is it.
smells like glue (??) a little bit with floral undertones after the long cure yet somewhat minty... great smoke .
I'm happy i can say I found what I was looking for in the three seeds I popped and flowered out! hell yeah!
couple of big hits will put you to sleep after a while solid, but def. a functional all day smoke in my opinion.
#2&#3 are really mellow compared to #1 I have to say. perfect meds if you don't want to get skyrocketed by THC everytime you need a good dose of CBD.
Sad thing in these prohibitionist times that I can't get them tested in a proper lab, but as I said: These are what I was looking for.
I'm still holding moms of all of them, guess I'll keep #1 for a buzzier med and #2 or 3 for the real CBD thing with only a light buzz.

take care everyone& stay safe

cc

Ollie

Veteran
Being that the Skunk/Haze is a CBD Crew collab, i would say its not hemp, but there selected cannatonic male.

blowingupjake

Being that the Skunk/Haze is a CBD Crew collab, i would say its not hemp, but there selected cannatonic male.

This is correct, and for the record Cannatonic and all of its offspring, which are widely used in the CBD breeding movement, are not Hemp in any sense of the word...

I've grown Cannatonic and am now growing Z6 which is an abandoned CBD line from CBD Crew that has Cannatonic BX with MNS Nordle.

Cannatonic undoubtedly would overpower a lot of the Sativa influence Sam S. Was expecting to see.

Your CBD SK/Hz looks awesome ChevycHaze!!
Congratulations on finding good medicine :)

Stay Hazed,
Jake