What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Everything x oBoy

Raho

Veteran
Thanks Solid :tiphat:
I don't want to spoil the ending, but when it's over, I get REALLY REALLY HIGH ;-)

So I had these males, and this was never supposed to be a selection run, but there were a few to pick from, and some very nice specimens in the lot.
The Biker Kush male I chose seemed like it had the most mother influence. DARK wide kushy leaves, compact growth.
The Chem4 cross showed a wicked bright green healthy appearance with the nastiest double serrated leaves I had ever seen.
The ECSD cross male I chose was also a standout.

The MMS5 male seemed identical to the female, and definitely different from everything else. Started calling it Mullum Rex because of it's giant plant structure and nasty smells.
The Nev21 eMM was darker and faster than the mullum, more like what I was used to from MNS crosses, but with a sweet thai smell to it.

Why all this talk about males?
Well you remember that pic that showed the males after I chopped the mullum in half? There was a long branch from the mullum growing right through the canopy of the other plants.
picture.php

Well, that mullum was way behind the other males in flipping, and by the time the other males looked like this, the mullum was nowhere close.
picture.php

I discovered this while I had both rooms open at the same time, and an accidental bump of the mullum released a cloud of pollen from all the other males that instantly floated into the females.
More on that later.

Raho

Veteran
In a scrog packed into a small space like mine, it becomes hard to see into the back half of the canopy. I wind up only really knowing what is going on in the front of my space. This makes environmental control really important to prevent bad surprises. Temps, humidity, air exchange along with moisture and nutes, all are dialed in for this space and customized for the strains.

So, here are a few pics from 44 days flowering from a few plants in the front that I have the best pics of:
ECSD oBoy - oBoy dom 44 days flower
picture.php

Biker Kush oBoy - 44 days flower
picture.php

45 days flower. Mullum S5 front, Masterkush oBoy behind
picture.php

bloyd

Veteran
nice thread... epic sounding crosses ... extremely knowledgeable haze heads ... i'm watching this one.

S

Slip Kid

What are you trying do up there Raho, pollinate the whole east coast!?!:) I know a few of those pollen grains slipped in my door, my Frisco cut is jammed with seed.It's been hanging for 20 days and every time I bump into it, seeds fall out.I have one big cold room by my a/c where all my plants dry whole.It has a dehum running 12 hrs a day but the a/c keeps it around 65 F.Nice for a long dry time but I'll tell ya' there's some healthy looking seed from the oBoy/Frisco and the Mullum/Super 5.Hopefully I can start culling this week.:)

Raho

Veteran
Even though it was an accident when it happened, I was actually thinking of doing it on purpose a month before it happened :)

Those Frisco BXs will be solid gold.
Fighting the urge to skip right to the smoke reports :)

What are you trying do up there Raho, pollinate the whole east coast!?!:) I know a few of those pollen grains slipped in my door, my Frisco cut is jammed with seed.It's been hanging for 20 days and every time I bump into it, seeds fall out.I have one big cold room by my a/c where all my plants dry whole.It has a dehum running 12 hrs a day but the a/c keeps it around 65 F.Nice for a long dry time but I'll tell ya' there's some healthy looking seed from the oBoy/Frisco and the Mullum/Super 5.Hopefully I can start culling this week.:)

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
420giveaway
Hi Raho,

Very interesting crosses you have there. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with them.

Good to see Sam over here too.

This thread reminds me of the good old days on mns forums.

Peace

Raho

Veteran
I hear you PRJ :)
I saw that Yo Sammy was banned over there this week.
I hate when the guard dog bites a guest.
Yo Sammy has earned the respect of the community for years and has never said a bad word about, or been anything but a supporter of Shanti.

I miss the old days over there, but it makes me feel bad for people who think there is only room for one source of seeds in this business, or that everything that is out there originally came from Nev's and Shanti's work.

Back on topic.

Please forgive the gap between posts. I am like Slip Kid, I shoot hundreds of pics to find one good one.
When you are doing a grow log and posting pics as you go, it is not so bad.
Doing a retro-log like this one, you have to go back and scrub the winners again, it takes time.

Alright, those last pics were week 6 of a 12 week run.
I was on a clock i couldn't change, regardless of how much more time the girls might need at the end.

Canopy at 36 days flower:
picture.php

Before my males dumped, I had done some early pollination with some year-old pollen. NL5, Ortega and Blueberry NL.
I had not stored it properly and I knew my odds were poor. Figured I had to try, and dusted the biggest buds I could reach with the old dust for the following crosses:
  • MMS5 x NL
  • MMS5 x Ort
  • 21eMM x BB-NL
  • MK x BB-NL
These were excellent males.

Now it's time for a series of pics taking us through flower.
ECSD oBoy (oBoy dom)
picture.php

Nev21 Early Mullum
picture.php

Nev21 Ealy Mullum (hit with blueberry pollen)
picture.php

ECSD oBoy (Sour dom)
picture.php

Raho

Veteran
Lets keep going with this, I'm on a roll :)
Think we are around day 82 here.

Mullum Madness Super 5
picture.php

Biker Kush oBoy
picture.php

C5 LN2
picture.php

ECSD oBoy (oBoy dom)
picture.php

Chem4 oBoy
picture.php

Raho

Veteran
More more more!

Chem4 oBoy
picture.php

Chem4 oBoy (no flash)
picture.php

C5 LaNina2
picture.php

ECSD oBoy (Sour dom)
picture.php

Snarled canopy
picture.php

Raho

Veteran
I know it's overload, sorry :)
This is 87 days. Day before chop for all except the Mullum (1 extra day.)

ECSD oBoy (oBoy dom)
picture.php

Nev21eMM and MMS5
picture.php

Biker Kush oBoy
picture.php

Nev21 Early Mullum Madness
picture.php

Last edited:

Raho

Veteran
Not much left but chop pics, dried pics and smoke reports.

Anything you want to see more of before all that?

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
keep her rolling raho ,
im keen to see the dried product and hear how they performed in the pipe,
great pics so far ...

Raho

Veteran
Thanks Wally.
I have been writing up smoke reports in personal messages to friends over the last few weeks so I can pull them together pretty quickly.

Interesting to see that big changes to the smell/smoke at 2 weeks in the jar and more change at 3 weeks.
Now it is stable.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
420giveaway
Hi Raho would you say the haze flavours and aromas dominate in your crosses?

It looks like all your crosses have inherited hazey resin with the fine blanket of small heads, even the chem, sour and kush crosses.

Are you getting any consistent aromas/flavours in the progency of the various mothers used?

Peace