What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DONUTS...and why I love them!!!!!!

castout

Veteran
I have been to dount shops from coast to coast, and I simply ADORE these scrumptious and sweet fried concoctions!!!!!! I like fry cakes, raised, honey dipped, strawberry frosted, chocolate honey dipped, cinnamon buns, sugar twists, chocolate frosted.....ohhhh.....the list goes on and on. I have had Kane's Donuts in Saugus Ma, Ma's Donuts in New Bedford Ma, Daylight Donuts in Breckenridge CO, Schat's Bakery in Mammoth Lakes Ca, Banbury Cross in Salt Lake City Ut, Bob's Donuts and Pastry San Francisco Ca, Glazed and Confused Denver Co, Doughnut Plant New York NY, and the list goes on and on. I would really like people to weigh in on some of their fave donut shops. I am thinking of going on a culinary adventure road trip this summer, and I want to hit as many spots as possible on this culinary road trip. This is a bucket list thing for me, a culinary road trip. My plans are to section off the country, and hit as many food places as I can cram in(no pun intended), in each section of the country. Donuts are an integral part of the trip!!!!!! Here is my breakfats today, and yes, I will be eating 6 of these beauties!!! The other 2, I have to share with TOH...but he can't have as many as me, because of his blood sugar. Have a good one, and stay HIGH, it's better than being lOw!!!!!

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 19

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahahah you silly girl!! I like donuts too, not as quite as much as you do lol no Krispy Kreme?..I know they are chain but their donuts are pretty delish, eps right off the line :D
Definitely a muchies thread!! mmm mmm

:yummy:

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
mmm, donuts...now I've really got the munchies this morning :)

donuts = love handles

Mister_D

Veteran
Might try voodoo dount shop in portland oregon :biggrin:. I like donuts, but you have taken it to a whole other level.

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I probably ate doughnuts at least 5 times a week when I worked. But haven't had one since tho, been 2 years now. We used to have a singing doughnut man (would have been a good one to visit if you were already here) little oriental man just as happy and singing every morning. yeah I miss him.:blowbubbles::greenstars:

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
hot krispy kremes right off the line hmmmmm.

back in the 60's ...still high school...after roaming the city all summer night...

there was two options: 1. wait for the krispy kreme store to open at 3am...or.. 2. white castles

Heaven on Earth :woohoo:

(was they cooked with Love?...no..Lard) :D

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bob's on polk st. San francisco suck IMHO.there is an awesome underground made to order donut shop in SF

I second...err third the voodoo donuts, good donuts and trippy owners. +++

kolah

Homer Simpson Syndrome.

Either that or you are a cop! jk of course.

To me, donuts are gut grenades. I pass on those circular concoctions of cement.

S

SeaMaiden

Might try voodoo dount shop in portland oregon :biggrin:. I like donuts, but you have taken it to a whole other level.

I just saw them featured on Unique Sweets last week. Trippeh combos, for sure.

Me? I love love love beignets. Ain't nothin' better'n a beignet completely snowed under with powdered sugar and a good, STRONG cuppa coffee to go with it. NOTHIN' LIKE.

Just sayin'!

You've gotta plan ahead to make these, but believe it, they're worth it! Homemade beignets with one of Dave's fantastic home-roasts.

Attachments

• CRW_5794.jpg
    CRW_5794.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 26
F

Fred el Gato

Mama wants to know where you put them, cause you don't look that big from your pics,especially 6 of them. Hope the coffee is good too. If you make it to the plains states, Daylight Doughnuts in eastern S.Dak are quite good.
Grow on,Fred

P.S. Hows the knee doing? Mama keeps asking if your doing any better.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I do too! Check out Psycho Donuts down in San Jose and Dynamo Donuts in SF

I was at the airport yesterday and there was a line of cops waiting to get donuts...I couldn't help but laugh. If I was the chief of Police I would prohibit my officers from eating donuts in public...They were all huge and out of shape to top it off...So maybe it is good that they eat so much of them.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I make a special trip to grab a few boston creams once a week. The magic is in the chocolate on top, I like a fudgey semi sweet chocolate on top. Not all donuts are created equal but nothing beats a good one.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
girl
i am gonna say two things:

komodas
malasada

shit... with a bowl of skunkdawg and a malasada or 5.... its over.
OVER

Latest posts

Latest posts