What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Let's see and hear about your sick plants!!

graser

Almost every grower/breeder has heard of HPlVd or has had something to do with it.
Unfortunately, to my knowledge there is still no black/whitelist that would offer real added value for everyone.
If you have any personal experience, it would be great if you could share it with us. Preferably well documented, perhaps even with the expertise of a recognized laboratory.
Then we wouldn't have to worry about catching shit. In addition, breeders would be forced to test their varieties and play with open cards. That would also be a good sales argument for them.

Would a moderator have mercy and create such a table, please.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Almost every grower/breeder has heard of HPlVd or has had something to do with it.
Unfortunately, to my knowledge there is still no black/whitelist that would offer real added value for everyone.
If you have any personal experience, it would be great if you could share it with us. Preferably well documented, perhaps even with the expertise of a recognized laboratory.
Then we wouldn't have to worry about catching shit. In addition, breeders would be forced to test their varieties and play with open cards. That would also be a good sales argument for them.

Would a moderator have mercy and create such a table, please.
According to Tumi, who is biggest seller of test kits, and created the more advanced test, 90% of california growers have it in 30% of their plants. Have heard it can be dormant in a plant, and passed to clones of it.

There is information on symptoms by doing simple search. Lateral branching and brittle stems were 2 symptoms in veg state.

I never get that far in 20 clones, the mold kills them long before the flowering stage symptoms of dudding ever get a chance to start.

If anyone wants to split a batch of tumi tests, let me know. They only sell in batches of ten, and HLVD/Fusarium test is $45 a piece.

Here are some articles from tumi, including HLVD identification.

https://21668670.fs1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hubfs/21668670/Marketing/Resources/Guide/STOP Pathogens Program Guide.pdf?utm_campaign=Newsletter-Evergreen&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=280016591&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-9piVBjK3WHpkDDeKw3Wj_JEUUg2AzzohC8cfKC1qSi9NDf5i6A6nMig0GCr04Rfqdmr444ijRaHQIu2pO9JK9sd7xpKg&utm_content=279712174&utm_source=hs_email

https://21668670.fs1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hubfs/21668670/Marketing/Resources/Product Resources/Pan-Fusarium/Fusarium Validation-Final.pdf

https://tumigenomics.com/blog/hlvd-symptoms

Last edited:

graser

A table where you can read whether seeds or cuttings are contaminated or virus-free would be simpler and cheaper.
We buyers are a market power, after all, they want our money.

It would also be a unique selling point for the forum if something like this were offered here.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Are these anything to worry about. Have some small flies in room that might be fruit flies. The three little white things in center, they move very slowly.

S20231211_0001.jpg

Loc Dog

Veteran
Looks like a larve of some kind. If you have them you should have adults and see plant or root damage.
Was thinking about it and will put in mason jar to see what they become. Assuming fruit flies.

Confirmed by stunning one of the fliers, that it is common fruit fly, but it is doing damage to plants from larva.

S20231212_0001.jpg

S20231212_0002.jpg

Last edited:

big orno

Hello everybody

Happy new year

Please any idea of what is happening with some of my plants ?

They are in veg. Light is led. I gave them bio-bizz rootbooster half the dose but I don't think it's this the problem

Before they were under neon light. Since I change them light from neon to led, they stoped growing and are burning like this

Last info : light are LM301B with 730nm LEDs. They are at 75% potency. Distance from plant to led is 1m

Thank you

All the best everybody

Attachments

• IMG20240201013644.jpg
    IMG20240201013644.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG20240201013656.jpg
    IMG20240201013656.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 55

acespicoli

Do you have drainage holes in the bottoms? What is the water and dry schedule,
they need to go bone dry then water again. :huggg:

acespicoli

Was thinking about it and will put in mason jar to see what they become. Assuming fruit flies.

Confirmed by stunning one of the fliers, that it is common fruit fly, but it is doing damage to plants from larva.

View attachment 18931563

View attachment 18931564
Fix for fungus gnats is two inches of playsand on top of dirt to remain dry, diatom earth DE is effective, predator nematodes, yellow stickys, h202 in the root zone, pimethrins
I recently was fortunate to come upon a greenhouse insect fogger bomb in my IPM research
treatment varies based on plant cycle veg or flower mild or severe infestation

When I first saw the picture I thought white flies
Another new one is winged root aphids luckily some problems youll never encounter
based on enviroment or demographic...
1706756717625.png

Those are some nice pictures what did you use for them ?

Last edited:

big orno

Hello everybody

Do you have drainage holes in the bottoms? What is the water and dry schedule,
they need to go bone dry then water again. :huggg:
You think is too much water ?

I put a cup of water per plant when I see soil drying at superficie

Yes there is a drainage to let the water go

Big thank you in all cases

Last edited:

acespicoli

Hello everybody

You think is too much water ?

I put a cup of water per plant when I see soil drying at superficie

Yes there is a drainage to let the water go

Big thank you in all cases
Ah yes I would humbly suggest watering when you expect the bottom is dry.
I prefer watering in a tray on the bottom and allowing the water to wick upwards from the dish.
Alternatively you could dig your finger in from the surface and water when its dry index finger deep.
Also when you observe a drought wilt on the leaves, excess moisture will cause nutrient lockout.
Its a thing we all have done in the past,
we overwater
we over fertilize
with the idea more is better... 🤷‍♂️

Outside there will naturally be wet and dry cycles between rains and the plants surviving sever droughts
This dry cycle helps to prevent harmful fungus and molds as well as fungus gnats

1) Aerobic bacteria use the oxidation process to harvest energy while anaerobic bacteria use fermentation. 2) Aerobic bacteria are always found in the presence of oxygen while anaerobic bacteria can be found in low oxygen or no oxygen condition.
Many pathogenic bacteria prefer anaerobic soil conditions and are known to outcompete or kill off aerobic bacteria in the soil.

If you try and it works out show us the improved plants please :plant grow:
>Best>ibes :huggg:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hello everybody

Happy new year

Please any idea of what is happening with some of my plants ?

They are in veg. Light is led. I gave them bio-bizz rootbooster half the dose but I don't think it's this the problem

Before they were under neon light. Since I change them light from neon to led, they stoped growing and are burning like this

Last info : light are LM301B with 730nm LEDs. They are at 75% potency. Distance from plant to led is 1m

Thank you

All the best everybody
Get all the straw out of your grow and clean your garden up as clean as you can.