What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ecsd...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To complicate matters...if you look at the Phylos Galaxy - what is passed as ECSD and AJ are in the same cluster. The AJ entered is legit entered by the guy who does the tv show on vice, weed etiquette or whatever it's called.

That maps shows that Chem '91 is a parent of the D and #4 - it does not show it as a parent of the ECSD/AJ. It does show it is directly related to the D and #4 however.

From the story posted above, Chem '91, ie Skunk Va, IS the original Diesel. Which has been stated before. So, Daywrecker, Original Diesel, Headband, etc - is chem '91, originally. However, if you grow what are kept as those two plants, they are certainly NOT the same. So, I wonder if what is passed as Original Diesel, is in fact the #2 plant they kept???

Crazy how much information has surfaced over the last couple years, how much of it is some what consistent and can be confirmed and how absolutely impossible it really is to know what things really are.

The only take away from it all - THE BEST CANNABIS - is never intentionally created. It happens in the rooms of small growers, in pursuit of their hobby, enjoying the plant and smoking with friends. It's all a great big wonderful accident! I love it!!!

Swallow that "breeders"!!! (myself included)

dank.Frank

Cannavore

Veteran
Daywrecker/Headband/Original Diesel might not even be the same cut. I got access to klopp/weasels Headband cut and if it's the same one I've smoked forever in NY... it's better than Sour Diesel anyways (blasphemy! lol)

Just on a picture to picture basis, I always saw similarities between Chemdog #3 and the Original Diesel cut that goes around on here. The same one PF/Hammerhead used to grow.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Chem3 may look similar but the 3 has close to no nose , not even in the same ballpark as original D

Burt

Veteran
“The only take away from it all - THE BEST CANNABIS - is never intentionally created. It happens in the rooms of small growers, in pursuit of their hobby, enjoying the plant and smoking with friends. It's all a great big wonderful accident! I love it!!!”
I like this a lot and would take it even one step further by saying the best cannabis reproduces itself ��

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Chem3 may look similar but the 3 has close to no nose , not even in the same ballpark as original D

Indeed. Chem 3 is a pretty potent plant and has an absolutely PERFECT growth structure. I mean, every plant should shape up the way she does. However, it really is so utterly bland and so absolutely without nose...

It is the PERFECT outdoor plant to run if you want someone to be within 5' of it and have no idea cannabis is being grown. :laughing:

That is in no way a criticism. I'm not talking bad about the cut. I was blessed to be able to run her a few times. I let her go when asked to do so. Never passed it. It was very interesting to see how far apart the same family line could be.

It was great smoke though. Those I let smoke the flowers laughed at me. Stupid frosty. Great resin field density. Chunky as all could be. Smoke it though and you might as well chew dirt clods. That is, until it slapped you upside the skull and reminded you it was a chem family line.

But yeah, Stoney is right. ZERO nose to it that would lend any credence to it being part of the sour or diesel equation.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And really, all that aside, looks NOTHING like the currently accepted diesels.

dank.Frank

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Currently trying to find the real ecsd cut.... after all these posts im still confused?

Chem91
Chemd
Ecsd
Ajs cut

Ive had the chemd clone cut but in no way was she sour or fuel so to speak so it rules her out ..

So which cut is the original ecsd... this story is like the exodus cheese story here in the uk... jahs cut brightside cut ... but at the end of the day their is only 1 exodus cut...

Who has the real deal cut and

Here is my chem d.. this is not ecsd

kzfjyH8.jpg

j78aacP.jpg

22lR2ox.jpg

idIrvhk.jpg

1iKa1gJ.jpg

beta

Veteran
ECSD is the original ECSD. Original Diesel (aka Daywrecker, Underdog, Weasel Diesel) is the original Diesel

Currently trying to find the real ecsd cut.... after all these posts im still confused?

Chem91
Chemd
Ecsd
Ajs cut

Ive had the chemd clone cut but in no way was she sour or fuel so to speak so it rules her out ..

So which cut is the original ecsd... this story is like the exodus cheese story here in the uk... jahs cut brightside cut ... but at the end of the day their is only 1 exodus cut...

Who has the real deal cut

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
ECSD is the original ECSD. Original Diesel (aka Daywrecker, Underdog, Weasel Diesel) is the original Diesel

Spot on my bro.. straight answer...

So who has the ecsd and what is ajs cut and how does chem91 fit into this? Is ajs cut a clone from rezs inbred line or... and which cut was he using in his breedings? Just bring this shit upto date ... also where is the old skook ogkush these days or has she been shrouded in mystery aswell?

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor

Burt

Veteran
That’s a long ass thread-lol
Basically it was an accidental cross and one guy put an “s” in front of the “our diesel” on the label and it was called sour diesel henceforth
Basically a chem got hit with a mass super skunk and the crew didn’t like the chem name
Mass super skunk iso killer and I got a 1/4 in the ghetto of Springfield Mass in 1995

Americangrower

Veteran

Chem91
Chemd
Ecsd
Ajs cut

Who has the real deal cut and

Here is my chem d.. this is not ecsd

Chem91 is the mom to both Aj and ecsd.
The story goes that the NY crew didn't like the chem name so they called it diesel. Something in their diesel grow threw nanas polinating the diesel. I have heard it was MSS, DNL and or RFK. I will say I grew MSS and she does look very similar to ECSD.

The reason there is an AJ and ECSD is.
AJ (Asshole Joe) and the Catskill crew both found seeds in a bag of diesel. They both grew some and kept their favorite. ECSD = Catskill, AJ = AJ of course:biggrin:

Robney

SOUR GODS
I need your help

I have the ecsd cut, and I've run her 3 or 4 times, but she just doesn't stank for me like she should. I run gg4, sour dubb, forum, and ogkb 2.0 and all of them come out awesome, yet my ecsd looks good, but has no stank. Her she is before my last chop

picture.php

I'm running a water only mix (ogs, chems, and glue all do well in it), with RO water, temps are around 80 degrees F. What am I doing wrong? Does ecsd hate water only mixes? Are my temps too high to even run ecsd?

Anyone out here have a good water only mix that does really well with ecsd? Or does anyone have a nutrient schedule that brings the best out of her?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
SOUR GODS
I need your help

I have the ecsd cut, and I've run her 3 or 4 times, but she just doesn't stank for me like she should. I run gg4, sour dubb, forum, and ogkb 2.0 and all of them come out awesome, yet my ecsd looks good, but has no stank. Her she is before my last chop

View Image

I'm running a water only mix (ogs, chems, and glue all do well in it), with RO water, temps are around 80 degrees F. What am I doing wrong? Does ecsd hate water only mixes? Are my temps too high to even run ecsd?

Anyone out here have a good water only mix that does really well with ecsd? Or does anyone have a nutrient schedule that brings the best out of her?

summer finish indoors is always shitty for me with the ECSD, she's a difficult plant and hard to dial.

no smell in my summer crop indoors last year either.