What's new

can someone compare the highs of Marley's Collie & Jamaican Pearl?

Max Headroom

Veteran
as you can read in my review of MC, i quite enjoy the high (still have some)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=5085130

reading sensi's website it seems that MC is Jamaican Pearl x Maple Leaf Indica.
so it would be interesting to me to grow JP and see what the high is like. (my brain isn't too fond of the indica side of cannabis)

has somebody smoked both these strains and can compare the high for me?

i'm probably years away from growing JP (too many seeds in the fridge) but i'd love the info now, as long as i still have some MC and the qualities of the high are fresh in mind.

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
I've smoked both. Although it was a bit of time ago I still remember. The MC I had was grown outdoor in a organic soil mix, and the buds were dark, quiet dense, with a hashy fresh type of smell. The high was well balanced, with clear high and body stone.

the JP was grown outdoor too, dark gray greenish buds with pink hair, she had a fresh taste and floral smell with some kind of pepper smell. The high was clear mind type of high. Very energetic, no body stone.

The grower had other herbs but I always took those one in first :)

Nice herb

Max Headroom

Veteran
very interesting, lambs-bread! sounds right up my alley!
especially if the very reasonable flowering time indoors (50-75 days) is actually true.

i find MC can be a touch speedy/racy at times. reminds me a bit of the G13xHaze i smoked in NL.

thanks for the feedback, it is well appreciated. :wave:

SupaFunk

Veteran
MC was the last strain I ever ran back in '99. I had a real sat leaning pheno, would take 75-80 days to finish. A proper racy high, sweat inducing on novice tokers, but with this real odd oily/hashy taste. I honestly wasn't sure if I liked it the first few times I smoked it, then pow, your pallet adjusted and you couldn't smoke enough of it!!

My mate ran another packet a year or so later and got a pheno that you would have sworn it was Black Domina in looks and absolute hammer stone.

Ahh, Got me all nostalgic thinking about the MC. :)

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been interested in some Sensi strains for years but their steep price tags and their questionable reputation keeps me from trying them. If they'd lower their price I might think about it.

Actually these 2 strains still have a pretty good rep. Check out Seed boutique, as they tend to have these at a great price.

R.Fortune

geoff777

as you can read in my review of MC, i quite enjoy the high (still have some)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=5085130

reading sensi's website it seems that MC is Jamaican Pearl x Maple Leaf Indica.

Hi I have a Marley's Collie seedling and during research came across this fairly old thread.

Jamaica Pearl is in fact the same mother (a Jamaican Lambsbread) as Marley's Collie x Early Pearl. Mainly Sativa. Efffect diluted for an early finish?

Marley's Collie has the Maple Leaf Indica father.

Latest posts

Latest posts