What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The birth of a speaker grow 9"x13"x26"

Swanson

picture.php

2x Unknown bagseed indica set to sprout today. Will likely be ordering autos for round two.
Coir and potting soil mix small containers. Planning on fairly short veg cycle and some LST before the flip.
23wCFL for now and 100w equivalent LED soon. Not sure if I'm gonna bother with air intakes/filter or just mount a little fan for stalk strength.
Lurker since overgrow days, happy to contribute something finally. Will update as things progress.

Swanson

IMG_20190214_132726907.jpg IMG_20190214_132645378_HDR.jpg
It's evolving. Cut it out so I have room to work. Cut a 4 inch hole in rear for the eventual carbon filtered exhaust and opened up an existing plastic speaker plug some for passive intake. Added a lockable custom painted plywood door that clasps tight and painted interior whitish.

My soaking beans are looking swollen today so probably be sprouts tommorow. :dance013:

Swanson

IMG_20190217_151805291_HDR.jpg
Day 2 & Day 4 3 out of the 4 I ended up soaking sprouted. One above soil now. Decided to sprout another two with the hopes of getting a male and doing a seed run. I suspect I have at least two strains as the seeds came from various bags over the years. Temps are 19-25 C with the CFL light and no fan.

Swanson

IMG_20190218_160836043.jpg IMG_20190218_160845596.jpg
100 W equivalent set up. Set it to about 8" for now. Definitely VERY bright for the 25W or whatever it pulls and doesn't seem to get too hot. Similar to a 23W CFL, maybe a bit hotter. New to LED. It is one of the new Derlights with IR bulbs added.
Looking forward to seeing how the next few weeks go.
All four seeds I had woke up. :dance013:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Microgrows are awesome! Keep it up and congratulations on all 4 seeds popping! 100% is a great feeling.

Swanson

IMG_20190219_140530989.jpg
IMG_20190219_140503998.jpg
Made with hand cream container drilled, cut ,screwed and hot glued to a coffee can lid for a gasket so it can be screwed and taped to rear speaker exterior.
Made one of these for intake and one as a DIY carbon filter canister. Activated charcoal foam pad stuffed inside. 2x 5v USB PC fans on the inside of cab to suck/blow through these.

Swanson

IMG_20190220_150947194.jpg
Day 7 from seed:
Love the look of those wide first leaves! Really hoping for quick finishing indica. Only have 26" of height minus light and pots. Had a slight stretch incident with the seed hung up on it. Had to gently remove it. Seems to be quite happy now. The other 3 are just poking above soil now. :biggrin:

Swanson

IMG_20190221_195650231_HDR.jpg
Mounted fans, added carbon foam in the intake and exhaust cannisters. Taped them up. Added foam weather stripping around front door. All seems good.. zero light leaks, pretty tolerable hum and nice airflow.

Swanson

IMG_20190226_104104060.jpg
One good looking seedling.
IMG_20190226_104112604.jpg
One seriously mutated seedling that I still have high hopes for. Anyone have an idea what it's deal is?

The other two sadly perished. Dug them up to see what happened. One never sprouted more than a little tip that had turned brown. One root grew in circles and fell apart when I tried to remove seed from it. Pretty sure I over did the water as I am not used to no drain holes.

Not sure if I am gonna clone the happy one a couple times in a few weeks, just run these two or add a couple new seedlings from known seeds.
Will update.

Swanson

IMG_20190228_144810076.jpg
Scored some LA confidential X NLights seeds which sprouted super quick. Just waiting for them to surface now.
Bagseed is happy. Inner nodes starting to fire up.
My mutant lives on but has yet to produce anything like normal leaves.
Gonna flip to 12/12 sometime in mid-March to help keep em short.

Swanson

IMG_20190302_131220324.jpg

IMG_20190302_131313197.jpg

IMG_20190301_180450207.jpg

IMG_20190302_131420207.jpg
Some gentle persuasion to branch out. Giving her very dilute 20-20-20 now and previously a root booster.
My mutant is looking like it might finally throw a set of true leaves. Micro dosed it with certs too.
3 LA con x Nlights surfaced now. :dance013:

Swanson

LA con seeds were regulars so will be isolating a male if I get one, saving pollen and making some crosses with my indica bagseed if all goes as planned.

Swanson

IMG_20190304_102056727.jpg
Group shot. May top/clone the one soon. Untied her for now.
The mutant back left and "big" one are same age (19 days from seed) and looked to be same seeds. It is finally growing some serated leaves so looks to be waking up. Never give up on mutants. Running no fans for humidity and warmth for a bit. Flipped my schedule around so lights off during the day. 18/6. Temps to 28c with lights on. Soaked washcloth in jar for added humidity.

Swanson

Changed lighting to 20/4 for now. Maybe it will speed things slightly. Still hoping to switch to flower later this month but want to get some quality structure established first.

Blu3Kush

You would be better off with the cfls cus LEDs are great but they have to be kept a certain distance from the tops of the plant usually around 18 inches but for seedlings they should be kept further away. Ventilation should always stay on for fresh air. You also should be only giving them plain water and zero nutes for at least the first two weeks. Try not to change the light cycle too many time that can cause hermies. I hope this helps you and I wish you the best of luck.

Swanson

Screenshot_20190308-181641.jpg
Added a 6500k 23watt CFL and plan to add 1-3 more. Put one of those outdoor rated 600W capable sockets in for it, was thinking I could run an oversized CFL(Enviro light?) on it if I want. Just watching the temps and trying one bulb for now. My LED seems a bit slow on its own for veg. Bigger bagseed plant dried out a bit and is recovering from the toping. Bit sad looking here but has six nodes developing well. Mutant is interesting, it's neatly branching itself very low right away. :/
Screenshot_20190308-181522.jpg

Blu3Kush

Nice get yourself some 6500k cfls which will help with keeping shorter internodes. I started of growing in a box that size and still use it sometimes to start seeds before I put the into tent. If you have problems with high temp mount your exhaust fans as high as you can and to make sure you get proper are flow make sure the intake needs to be twice the size of the hole your exhaust is.