What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ak47 from seroius compared to f2 ak47 from joey weed...?

B

Blunted22

Hey guys title says it all. I have no prob buyign the orignal f1 even though they are 100-140$ more but i was wondering if anyone has grown out both or joey's to give me some kind of info on them.

L

Lune TNS

I can't really compare them since I have only grown the origional and not those f2's, but I would think that the f2s would (obviously) be less stable. That was one nice thing about the AK, all the plants were very, very uniform, so you might wanna take this into consideration.

fortragni

everyone who's grown JW's F2s say they are nearly as stable as the original F1s, and also Joey uses original breeder stock to create his very stable F2s

big bang

i haven't grown out the ak47, but i have some of joey weed's apollo 11 right now and they're all identical. jw's stuff is good.

B

Blunted22

Thanks guys but i ended up findign some serouse f1's for a managable price.

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
i think that was a good choice. f2s by their very nature are unstable. the reason most breeders create f2s is to "access" recessive genetics. the result is a plant is two heterozygous dominate plants one homozygous dominant plant and one homozygous recessive plant. and that just one allel. that doesnt make f2s bad just more random so you may get crap you may get gold. fun if your up for a little risk.

T.doT.Toker

Leave this place better then when i arrived
Veteran
Why not buy the ak48 from nirvana? I heard its just as good surprisingly....

Cannabian

sent out for some ak47 and a11 from jw so looking forward to see how his do. had an ak from clone off a buddy sadly didnt take clones and lost it. (massive buds!!) hopefully i'll get the nerf football sized buds again with jw! a11 seems promising too!
hempdepot.com all the way!

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
Is AK47 an IBL? Is it truly stable?

If it is, isn't it the case that crossing AK47 x AK47 would give you IBL offspring and not technically F1s or F2s, etc.?

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
Dignan said:
Is AK47 an IBL? Is it truly stable?

If it is, isn't it the case that crossing AK47 x AK47 would give you IBL offspring and not technically F1s or F2s, etc.?
i think its an F1 but im not sure.

littlejohn747

I have not gotten a ak47 from SS but I have worked with their chronic which is just as the description reads. I have heard mixed results from the ak48 from nirvana but I guess thats why their stuff is so much cheaper.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
From the Ak47, and most of Serious Seeds (Chronic, WR) strains i've seen growing, Serious is one of the seedbank which deliver very stable strains they've been working on for years.

I don't know about Joey's, but buying some Serious seeds you'll get what it said by the breeder description, for sure. And certainly some keeper ! You can't go wrong with them.

Titoon

yts farmer

Veteran
havent had any experience with any joey weed strains but had grown out ak and white russian a couple of times and like it been said before these are very stable genetics and very potent too.

btw,armageddon by hgf is that a knockoff of ak also?

G

Well, I think I'll set up camp and see if I can help answer this question.

I picked up a pack of JW AK99f2 in 2017, so this is from his return.
I put down all 10 Jan '20 and eventually got all 10 up. I culled the males and have 7 girls that are slowly making their way into the flowering tent as space becomes available.
Currently I have 5 of the 7 in varying stages of flower.
Pictured are plants 2 and 3 at about day 23.
I am flowering in a 4x4 tent with 1 Greenbeams CMH bordered by 4 of the QB96's. I am still getting the hand of LED feed demands and these girls did suffer some as I kept the feeds constant for CMH that they had been under prior to 12/12.
Regardless the other 3 that are younger look good and these appear to not be needing/lacking.

Nothing really interesting to report other than the beauty of the pistil.

I always wanted to try a primo selection of AK47.

Rumor has it that AK47 underwent some sort of revision at some point.

Allegedly Joey weeds AK-47 is an f2 of pre-revision ak-47 seed stock.

Rumor has it ;)

There's only one way to find out I suppose.

G

AK47f2 first 4 pics are at day 32 of flower for 2 different seed girls. The 5th pic is one at day 16 of flower. I've got all 7 seed moms in the tent at this point and its on to see what they can do in my system. I'll chime in and keep you updated on my progress.

OZZ_

Veteran
For what it’s worth, I grew SS AK47 in 2015. I was happy with the strain. Big huge donkey dick buds when topped once and left to shoot during stretch (first pic), multiple spear like colas when topped multiple times (second pic). One of my buddies that I smoked out on it got white and puked his brains out after a bowl but admittedly hes a lightweight and not a regular smoker.

picture.php

picture.php