What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I love the hottest peppers!

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
picture.php

PCI, bolivian wild,vietnamese, pequin, xigole, thai

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
I recently pickled some banana peppers and the flavor is great but the texture is a little mushy. Can anyone help me with this kind of problem?

Try Pickle Crisp. I have heard it work for other vegetables, maybe it will also work for peppers.

BoomBoom

Wow this threads still alive...

Anyhow, all the peppers died, the South Florida heat burned the little seedlings and I was needing to water everyday because the soil would dry up. I guess I should have put them in a non-direct sunlight area but I don't really have one in my yard.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow this threads still alive...

Anyhow, all the peppers died, the South Florida heat burned the little seedlings and I was needing to water everyday because the soil would dry up. I guess I should have put them in a non-direct sunlight area but I don't really have one in my yard.

you can buy that netting stuff, normally used for lettuce?

I'm not sure as I dont grow outside, but Im sure you can get creative..

give it another try, peppers are so much fun

BoomBoom

Not sure what netting that is. I think I'll just buy a planter rack, place it on side of house and use better soil. I had use Miracle Gro Growers Choice Organic I think was the name. Either way it was crap I transplanted the jiffys into it and it did nothing and dried up SUPER fast. I gotta see if there foxfarm around here.

s13sr20det

Veteran
in the dirt

bhut jolokia (2 sources),peruvian white hab,jamacian hot chocolate hab,zavory,red gt manzano (pubescens),yellow villarta (pubescens),rocoto orange (pubescens)

picture.php

keep it green

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
New hottest chili in the world is the Naga Viper at 1,349,000 scovilles !

Irie !

audioaddict

Can't wait to get some new seeds for next year.

This year was my first time growing chillies, and I've now got tons of Orange Habaneros that I'm not sure what to do with. Will make for an interesting christmas dinner! hehe

Have been salivating over pics from various chilli seedbanks, can't decide what to get... this whole seed business really is turning into an addiction!

D

dramamine

Anybody growing Cascabel peppers? I got a few seeds from a buddy and started them recently. The pepper I tried had an awesome garlicky heat....great flavor.

s13sr20det

Veteran
Can you guys give me some "hints and tips" for growing peppers, mainly germination of the bhut jolokia

out of about 15 bhut seeds i had 13 germinate (7 days for fastest, 18 for slowest) using a moist paper towel inside a plastic bag. i put them in the cabinet next to my fridge, which stays pretty warm. keeping seedlings warm and moist makes them germinate faster

picture.php

my list keeps expanding. had trouble w/ some of the pubs so im starting some aji peppers. current list is
bhut jolokia ,peruvian white hab,jamacian hot chocolate hab,zavory,rocoto orange(pubescens), pequin,aji amarillo, aji habanero, aji santa cruz, aji chinchi amarillo

plus a couple more that are on the way ;)

whats everyone growing for 2011?

Last edited:
D

dramamine

I've got some cascabels and some chocolate habaneros to go with my datils and orange habs.

Doc, those black twilights are gorgeous...very nice.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doc, those black twilights are gorgeous...very nice.

They are "party-trick" material.. :D i must have tricked at least 5 ppl with this pepper :bandit:

Pound for pound,, then these tiny purple fruits stand proud and HOT against even the most potent Peruvian or Habanero pepper,, just below a Scotch Bonnet on the scoville scale we estimate. The flowering period is reduced due to the influence of the Hungarian Black pepper,, which is mild yet one of the quickest to grow.

Gastronomically FRT Black Twilight is a most versatile pepper. x1 on these tiny fruits (which are Numex Twilight dominant in strength) will spice up an Indian curry or Chinese stir-fry nicely. But x2 of the fruits makes for a spicy ride on a Mexican jambalaya.

The fruits also pickle well, and retain much of the heat that isn't imparted into the vinegar, which is excellent for cooking.

picture.php

Peace n Flower Power ALL

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very interesting :yes: cool plant :D

The flowers of the parent Hungarian Black,, where purple as above. But the flowers of FRT Black Twilight are white... just like the parent Numex Twilight

FRT Black Twilight plant in its 3rd season (year) of growth... in early summer.. lol
picture.php

This plant ^^^ produced plenty fruits each season. The more you pick them the faster they produce more flowers (in the growing season)... this plant alone must have reaped over x100 fruits. enough to share about anyhow :D

The seed collected were taken from mature fruits only... 100% organic,, cultivated under natural sunlight, towel dried before packaging with any withered seeds removed.

peace n flowers that make hot fruits to ALL

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
i see the peepers are went from yellow to purple in your pix....are they also turn red if you would wait another week or two...mine do!!

this was my fav this year....
brown Habanero damm tasty ..very hot but also very aromatic...sorry i dont have a shot of a maturate one
picture.php

did you ever grow a strain called lemon drop?? it has a nice lemon aroma...very cool strain

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes they grow from yellow to red to purple :D

But the hottest fruits are the purple ones. the rest aren't mature yet :D

One love

audioaddict

Cheers Doc, that plant looks lovely, I can see me getting a pack or two of those when I next get seeds :)

The shot of the younger plant looks similar to my bigger Orange Hab, the way it's leaning forward in the pot, might try and train it back the other way this year see if I can make an interesting shape!

@Buddah - The Lemon Drop is another name for the Aji Limon I have just ordered I think, very cool looking thing, it was the first strain to catch my eye when I was first reading up about peppers, can't wait to get some going this year. They're suppose to be lovely with chicken or seafood... :dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts