What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bud worm Moth? Help Identify

buttonpusher

Aloha Form the Big Island. I have just moved from the west side of the Island over to the Puna area on the east side. Bud worms were a constant challenge to control. You would see the Tobacco and Spruce variety which I am familiar with.

Now that I am in Puna there is a new one I haven't seen before. It is much smaller and they are everywhere. Inside of the house before I had any plants around at all. Less than a quarter of an inch long. Could they be Juvenal Tobacco moths or something else. Please Help.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Over here in Northern California the moths are white in color, they are out buzzing around my plants already. Still 2-3 weeks out before plants start flowering outdoors in my neck of the woods

JAWS

yes they are worth worrying about for shit sakes, kill every one you see..if you killed her in your grow room chances are she's already laid her egg's and if you do not find them they will hatch and they will become little plant eating worms until there big enough to molt and become moths them selves..if you do nothing you very well could start seeing leaf's on your girls start looking chewed apone because that's exactly what's going on...i'm dealing with it right now for the second time so i'm not playing around here...

is it something to panic over no but you must find the eggs if not at least keep your eyes open for any signs that your plant's are being eaten..

just saying :)

issack

Veteran
I'm on big island west side.. never had a problem with moths. Only the white butterfly. Simple fix to any larvae is Monterey BT. 2 tablespoons a gallon. Spray once after 3 weeks into flower. Any larvae that try to hatch from then on out will die as soon as it starts trying to feed on foliage. Never had bud worm problem since I started that..

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Thuricide is a great product for budworm moths. They do however have to eat on your plants for a few days before it kills them. Dont want a dead worm buried into your main stem.