What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kony and Wonderwoman try outdoor.

KONY

Veteran
As of now our tentative plant date is 6/1. If the weather keeps doing what its been doing that will be it, maybe even a week later. If somehow it gets much warmer in the next few weeks, we may plant the week before but that is unlikely.

Plants have been vegging for 1-3 months. Most about 2.
We are at 44 degrees North in the far Northeast US, the climate here is far from ideal for growing cannabis compared to places like California and Kentucky.

Genetics are:

1. MOB (Mother of Berry) - 4 plants
  2. GorillaGlue #4 - 4 plants
  3. ChemD 1 plant
  4. Dank Sinatra 1 plant
  5. Lime Kush 1 plant
  6. Pre98 BubbaKush 1 plant
Only the Dank Sinatra is from seed. Have recently ran one inside and am very happy with the outcome, seems like it will be a good candidate for outdoors and will be interesting seeing how a seed plant does versus some trusted clones.

Containers: 150 gallon Grassroots Fabric pots. These seem like high quality, and I was happy with the price and the fact they are made in the country, however the fact they were shipped in a plain brown box, but then those stoners had to write in magic marker on the outside of the box exactly what was in the box.... while were 100% legal, that sorta of thing stops me from recommending the company. No good reason for it.

Medium: Promix/perlite/high quality compost
Nutes: Kelp meal, Shrimp meal, Neem meal, Soybean Meal
Micros: Gypsum, Shell flour, Granite meal and Basalt

Going to be quite the adventure. The spot we are using is directly in the middle of the back yard. Gets a solid 8 hours of sun a day mid summer, not as good as completely open field, but better than the treeline.

Will be building a structure to go over all the plants in September except the MOB. Those plants should finish on their own without any shelter. Will add pictures soon, although not really too much to look at right now.

Last edited:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like you're going to be planting some trees with a 3 month veg time by the time you plant them. Can't wait to see how big they get for you!

Americangrower

Veteran
150 gal pots...yikes. good luck with your outdoor grow. Can't wait to see these monsters
So by structure you mean a greenhouse? Hope so because them 70 day ladies are going to be tough to finish without 1.

KONY

Veteran
150 gal pots...yikes. good luck with your outdoor grow. Can't wait to see these monsters
So by structure you mean a greenhouse? Hope so because them 70 day ladies are going to be tough to finish without 1.

Thinkin more of a 2x4 structure, maybe 4x4 for the posts every 8'. I just need it enough height and strength to support rain cover over them. Maybe some fans too..

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
how much soybean meal and shell flower (oyster?) per 150 gallon pot?

good luck,subbed

KONY

Veteran
picture.php

#blurrydronepics

Been a solid 8 months since I flew the drone, and I never was an expert anywho. I think when I practice flying a bit more these pictures can get decent. It's just an X5C-1. Nothing fancy at all. I would like a Dj3 advanced or Pro, but its not a high priority.

Can see from this picture where the 4 MOB plants are going. The structure will be built over the 8 closest to the camera.

KONY

Veteran
You put them ladies in the bags yet brother?

Make that another week. Hoping for 6/7 now. Been to cold at night and rainy to put them out. I know it wouldn't kill them, but they won't thrive.

Kinda funny, last year was exact opposite. Had a buncha 80 degree days by now.

Last edited:

KONY

Veteran
Ladies been outside for 3 days now, planted this afternoon. 10 of them anyways. Will put out 3 MOB's in one pot tomorrow and another Glue in the last pot and add some pics....

ou4wmU3.jpg

Last edited:

KONY

Veteran
How the looking KONY.. blowing up yet?

egPjq02.jpg

Took that pic with my $25 cell phone... colors are a bit off, leaves look lighter than normal and the soil in the closest plant looks orangish. But yall can get an idea of what they are doing.

For first ever real outdoor grow, and first time ever using this soil recipe I am very happy so far. Will probably top dress with a light amount of dr earth soon. Atleast for the GG4's.

Pulling them out and staking/trellis them up next week also.

Sadly these plants are going to need to get moved to finish I think. Luckily they are on shipping pallets. Learned a very valuable lesson are growing plants somewhere that doesnt have a year lease....

YSGzJSz.jpg

Andyo

Veteran
local tree foilage

local tree foilage

Local tree foliage is a good indicator of planting dates
Also bird nesting .
looking at your first planting picture you got it about right.
I had thought at first by your latitude you where a month late.A

Latest posts

Latest posts