What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's that time again. :(

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I posted in here 2 years ago about having to put down my sick and dying dachshund. I was very upset about loosing my best friend in the whole world.

Well its that time again super sadly. This time its one of my two orange cats who is dying & Its the female of the two. She has cancer and I've done a total of four surgeries last year to remove a boatload of tumors that grew into her neck and are now growing so big that she is suffering and so am I. I have to give her heavy doses of meds every day just to keep her from being in so much pain.

She is alive as of today, but I'll probably have to put her down before the end of the week. I have been miserable about it lately sobbing every day just thinking about it. even while typing this post. I could fill up lake Erie with my tears.

Not only that but last week I decided to take a long herb smoke break and alcohol break too plus I'm in college taking an art class and a business class. and I live alone with my 2 dogs and the 2 cats.

It seems to get harder and harder to deal with the loss of a best furry family friend.

Here she is before the tumors.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

so sorry for the pain you're both feeling in your home cheesebuds, her life and loving departure were destined to be best in your hands brother; I know how much those surgeries can be as well, but it's never the cost, only their comfort, you did the right thing by giving her the best chance to enjoy a cancer free life.

As hard as this final step is to do, you need to remember that our little furbabies deserve to go with some dignity of life & love intact, medicate her and give her a few small meat treats, then I hope by the time you've read the last of these posts that you've come back home and your little baby is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.......

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oi, we lost a cat like that. It is a very sad time but there comes a point where quality of life has deteriorated too much.

I am sorry for your loss. I have read many of your posts, it was a lucky cat to have known you.

Betterhaff

Veteran
It’s always hard to make those decisions yet they are a part of owning a pet. We bring things into our lives that have a life span so much shorter than ours it’s almost a given. The thing that counts is how much joy they bring and how much love you give. In return you receive unconditional love, one the purest things.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Big thanks to you all my ICMAG family for all the kind words.

So atm she is still alive but its only a matter of time like maybe this weekend. I spent a lot of time loving on her these last few days and I took her off that heave meds and she seems a bit less narcotic acting. She is still eating and walking around but still looks sad.

I have now come to terms with the situation and time will heal my heart. knowing that I gave her the best life I could like good food, lots of love, and an overall great life makes me feel grateful for having her. Her brother cat (Tang) will be sad for quite a bit.

Also I for got to mention that both of the cats had Bartonella as kittens and with treatment they both survived.

This is sad to read, sorry for your loss.:huggg:
Thx for your condolences.

Beautiful eyes.
Yes she does. As it turns out female orange cats are rare. and 3 years ago I took a professional portrait of her and entered the photo into a photo contest, didn't win but it still made it into their print show gallery which is cool. the photo is hanging up in my bedroom.

She's a beauty fer sure, you've done all you can for her, now you gotta do what ya gotta do.:cry:
Yes she is.

QUOTE=Green Squall;7873872]Sorry man. The one bad thing about having pets is that they don't live nearly as long as we would like.[/QUOTE] No they don't but my sisters cat is 18 years old.

so sorry for the pain you're both feeling in your home cheesebuds, her life and loving departure were destined to be best in your hands brother; I know how much those surgeries can be as well, but it's never the cost, only their comfort, you did the right thing by giving her the best chance to enjoy a cancer free life.

As hard as this final step is to do, you need to remember that our little furbabies deserve to go with some dignity of life & love intact, medicate her and give her a few small meat treats, then I hope by the time you've read the last of these posts that you've come back home and your little baby is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.......
You are so right. I was thinking of making a shrine in her name. like a water fountain that represents her personality and put it in the garden to enjoy.

Oi, we lost a cat like that. It is a very sad time but there comes a point where quality of life has deteriorated too much.

I am sorry for your loss. I have read many of your posts, it was a lucky cat to have known you.
thanks. Yes your right.

It’s always hard to make those decisions yet they are a part of owning a pet. We bring things into our lives that have a life span so much shorter than ours it’s almost a given. The thing that counts is how much joy they bring and how much love you give. In return you receive unconditional love, one the purest things.
Yah LOVE is definitely is very pure for sure.

Stan G.

Losing a pet is a horrible thing. At least you got the opportunity to say goodbye. My dog passed away in December while I was away for a while. It tore me up that I couldn't say farewell. You were both lucky to know each other.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts