What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The case of the Frog

DjKinetics

So i went to go check on my outdoor plant (Brazil K.C) this morning
only to discover a frog has decided to make a home inside the pot.
So my question is
a)do i leave the frog and wait for it to vacate on it own.
b)remove it somehow trying to keep damage minimal.if so how.
?? advice please and thank you
il be transplanting into the ground as soon as this issue is resolved to avoid it happening again.
picture.php
picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71693&pictureid=1707520

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let the frog hang out.

They're sensitive creatures & a sign of a good environment, imo.

DjKinetics

I was worried that it's gonna disturb the roots since he buried himself ass deep in the container..I sprayed abit of water on him and he hopped out then I transplanted into the ground.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
Hard to tell from the photo but I think that's a toad. It wont harm your plants.

DjKinetics

bit of a throwback but that frog/toad did end up killing the plant i think it damaged the roots when he decided to make a home inside the pot

DjKinetics

It wasnt the toad. That seedling looked like shit!
It was healthier until that happened but agreed the seedling wasn't doing that great. brazil kc ... i dont think it was handling the African sun very well. None the less the frog did contribute to its death

DjKinetics

This was before the toad fukt eish up, maybe we have different opinions on what is a healthy seedling or not healthy. I fail to understand tho how disturbing the root system can not have adverse effects...anyways thanks for the helpful input.

picture.php