What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Asking for a few good vibes and prayers sent my way

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
hey PT.. sorry to hear of your predicament, GL
goodluck.gif
with your progress. Heres to your complete recovery..

D

Dioni

Stay strong and never give up....best wishes and prayers comming your way bro.

Tynehead Tom

a good friend had a stroke 2 years ago at 71 ..... my best wishes and blessing for you and your recovery. It's amazing how the body can recover , stay positive man.
My friend is back driving and has full mobility. Not 100% but enjoying life again. Stay positive, you will heal.... and I really think the weed helps too ;)

eyes

Veteran
I hope things improve for you and life gets better. Im truly sorry this happen to you. Best wishes to you and your family. Good to see you have a support system to help.

paper thorn

Veteran
12052,mmgd4, starke, Good Vibrations received. :woohoo:

Douglas.Curtis being able to communicate is so taken for granted till you come so close to losing it. Brain stem strokes can lock you in, affecting both sides. i talk anf think, don't always type perfect, and fixong it can be a bit laborious, so i am lucky i guess. Did a 300 pc puzzle, need to get some dominoes.

A walker and dominoes. good lord. a month and a half ago i was climbing around on mountains looking for rocks.:comfort:

my cannabis use went from a couple grams a day to a half a bowl a day. that's less than a 1/4 gram. I'm at maybe 3/4 of a bowl now. i dump the bowl half way through, just can't stand the taste of burnt weed now.

thanks subrob. good to hear from you.

Shaggy, thanks for the prayers brother, i appreciate the hippy stuff too. I think i read a study once that showed that hippy stuff increased happiness.

troutman, i hope time is the key, because day to day, my outlook, at least in my head is like a yo-yo.

snook and dioni, saying that helps my mood more than you guys can know.

tynehead tom, hearing that kind of thing gives me hope, and i really need it after the way i've been feeling the last few days.

eyes~ my family and friends are better than i knew. work i needed to do outside has been done. THe grow is looking good in spite of my absence. A friend is coming this weekend to install a bunch of grab bars in my bathrooms. No charge for thebars or the install. his brother runs a medical supply biz. good friends.

noyd666~ felt around the world my friend.

reading these posts has pulled me out of a slump i had gotten into.

It's easy to feel sorry for myself and dwell on the bad. I have a tingling down my entire left side, yeah, all body parts like a line is drawn down the center of my bod. Seems the tingling is slowly becoming numb. scare the shit out og me. Where it's not numb it hurts in a weird electrical sort of way. i'm losing strength in my left hand. My left side was the good side. lol.

my right side feels normal but my right leg is way way wobbly, no balance control. PT is improving that though.

i sweat on my right side but not on my left. weird because in the hospital it was my left pit that seemed to sweat and smell, with none on the right.:laughing:

the left side of my head sweats, but not the right. i'm numb on thr right from my scalp(mid head) to my bottom lip. pisses me off, bacause the numbness was above my top lip when i left the hospital.
starting to feel it in my lower jaw bone. on the right. bad part is the left side is getting numb above my ear down to my neck.

i think my speech is starting to slur a bit.

I tell my self that i need to stay alive for 10 years, so my lovely wife will be able to get a social security check, or she'll be screwed with no income if i die before she turns 62.

strange to talk and think like this. I have to 'get my affairs in order' and have talked to her about the things of mine to give to kids and grandkids. My prognosis for decent recovery is good, but i could at any time be locked in or kick the old bucket. i have to face that.

So i keep up the Physical Therapy, the swallow exercises, get some walking in, because i need to keep sharp and i need to regain some mobility. My biggest fear is another stroke that locks me in where i can only move my eyes for ten years. That would be a fate worse than death. Too late to end it with a bullet to the brain then though. Can't ask anyone else to do you that favor.

See, there i go, whining, thinking of the worst case scenario. i'm gonna go back and read you guys comments again and get cheered up. And light up this bowl of Cheese.:biggrin:

You guys rock, thanks again.

Sforza

Veteran

I tell my self that i need to stay alive for 10 years, so my lovely wife will be able to get a social security check, or she'll be screwed with no income if i die before she turns 62.

My biggest fear is another stroke that locks me in where i can only move my eyes for ten years. That would be a fate worse than death. Too late to end it with a bullet to the brain then though. Can't ask anyone else to do you that favor.

See, there i go, whining, thinking of the worst case scenario. i'm gonna go back and read you guys comments again and get cheered up. And light up this bowl of Cheese.:biggrin:

You guys rock, thanks again.

Hang in there buddy. No doubt that you got dealt a bad hand, but we all have to play the hand we are dealt. You have enough to manage without making yourself feel bad by dwelling on how things can get worse. Things can always get worse, but you need to make every effort to think positive and concentrate on how you can make the best of the situation.

Best wishes to you and your family in your struggles.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
PT, I've been vaping for years, (silver surfer) the taste of burnt weed from pipes and one hitters makes me gag from the taste of burnt paper and weed, can even taste the butane. I wont do it. Well, if someone touts a 'one hit' weed, Ill suffer :biggrin:, once.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
PT, I've been vaping for years, (silver surfer) the taste of burnt weed from pipes and one hitters makes me gag from the taste of burnt paper and weed, can even taste the butane. I wont do it. Well, if someone touts a 'one hit' weed, Ill suffer :biggrin:, once.

I tried to edit last post, its not being kind to me, so I'm here to say:

I should read the post after I type it and before I post it..:laughing:

Claude

Veteran
Big vibes sent your way PT.

My situation is not far from yours but it been few years since my stroke.

Today my heart is better but the rest is fading away.

Hope for you a speedy recovery!!

Claude

paper thorn

Veteran
well, i hate to bump this thread above all the latest singer or movie star who died thread or even the so-called conservative lost his career thread, but...

i just felt like updating a bit on my 'progress'

I can walk.

I look like I'm drunk when i walk, but hey...

I've only fallen down a few times. Luckily except for once ther was something to stop me from getting hurt. Like a big chair that i landed in once lol. once i went to the ground, it hurt. i'm more careful now.

numbness is creeping down my face and the new one is numbness inside my mouth. lips feel weird.

i had an exam by an ophthalmologist and now have glasses. thry take away some of the loopiness i have when looking around. it's like i'm high, but not in a good way.

my mood has been strange. i'm happy and starting to realize that i did live a pretty decent life and raised some great kids who are now raising me some pretty good grandchildren.

i have this feeling of impending doom though. I try not to let it get me down, but I know my days are numbered. I've made a list of the projects around the house and property that i'd like to finish before i die.
Put a new post in for that gate. get a new drill press for my little rock shop. make rock pipes. i love stone pipes and i've got so many badass rocks that will make some beautiful works of smoking art. pipes that is.
the list goes on and i would like to finish it, but i can only do so much. most of the things have to be done by someone willing to do these things for me.

I remember helping my father-in-law with some of the things at his place before he died, just before my stroke. i know,,, my poor wife. She's gotten shafted. buried her dad then has to take care of me.

i cry when i think of that man talking right up to the end about the things he was gonna do. i hope to get this list done, then just try to enjoy the time left. I'm told stroke victims can live for 10 - 20 years.

Brain stem stroke victims... well 25% die the day of their stroke. of the 75% who survive, 40% die within 5 years. So hoping to be in that 60% that live past that. hard to shake this nasty thought and feeling that it could be any day.

So, I'm trying to be a positivr thinker, but it's hard. I know i can come here and get some good vibes and brother do they help.

lol, as long as they don't dogpile me too bad in the 'political' threads that i can't seem to resist. I was always the guy who was ready to throw down right now, with anyone or a dozen. Come one come all and get some. But those were actual fist fights back when i was young and yes, except when it was against my older brother, i kicked a lot of ass.

but nowadays, just virtual ass kicking thank you.

i guess i still got a little spunk left.

been almost 4 months since the stroke, i pray you guys keep your blood pressure in check. don't go crazy with the cholesterol laden junk. i never did, thought i ate well, but the BP was high. and it does not take much shit in you arteries to fuck up your brain stem. a small tight space no room for extra shit.

the eye doc says i have some blindness, which is part of that loopiness i feel when looking around. only the second day with the new glasses, so maybe i'll feel better as time goes by.

thanks for all the support fam, you know it means more a lot than i can express.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Good to hear there’s progress and one thing you already know, attitude is Sooo important. Each new step is a milestone and with each one a new horizon. Wishing and sending you the best vibes and keep on keepin’ on.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Sending best vibes to you and your family!

First I have seen this thread somehow. I will say though, from the beginning to the end of this thread you have made great progress! In the beginning you hope to walk again and now you can! It may not be just like before but its a literal step in the right direction!

Each step forward is progress and progress is fueled by positive attitude and determination. Kick that physical therapy's ass like you used to fist fight! You are still young and have a lot left, please don't forget that!

Best positive vibes and love sent brother!!

Keep us posted!

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Sorry to hear about the stroke. Life sucks at times. But it's better than the alternative. Keep on fighting for what you need and want brother. Things will get better gradually.