What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor mini's - the stealth approach

I love mini's and never use auto's as I find if you don't start them off perfect they yield like shit. I hear they have improved but I always use what people call semi auto's. Plants that will not flower under 24 hour lighting like auto's but very light sensitive plants that will flower on 18/6 so you must veg them on at least 20 on 4 off. My favorite semi auto is called the Iranian auto flower (it shouldn't be called an auto because its not although the breeder lets you know this) nd anotherr good 1 is called mighty mite but the IAF has amazing bag appeal. Its a super crystally hash plant and always looks like indoor and stinks like heaven when the mighty mite can look a little bushy and have kind of a bland taste unless cured very well.

You can clone semi auto's which is the huge advantage over auto's and if using clones you get a harvest just as quick.

I'd veg em out a little after cloning and as long as you plant anytime after the summer solstice, june 21st the longest day of the year so the days are only getting shorter and longer night times after that they will flower right away taking no more than 60 days. I have pulled off crops in super urban areas thanks to semi autos. I am shocked i dont seee more people talking about them. Mitey mite was a huge strain in western and eastern canada for awhile but I never hear about it anymore and its seems the Iranian AF is pretty unknown which is sad for such an amazing plant

Sorry I actually would veg them with 23 hours light and only one hour of darkness. To keep mothers of semi auto's it is good to give them no more than 2 hours of darkness as sometimes they will flower when rootbound even at 20/4

iLuv2BlAzE

Im kinda in the same boat running sum clones late looking to hit about 2ft or3ft max they on my balcony and don't even have a fence up yet...smh lolit is what it is

Attachments

• IMG_20170802_114119.jpg
    IMG_20170802_114119.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20170803_161845.jpg
    IMG_20170803_161845.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

mushroombrew

Veteran
I used to kill it with minis in Hawaii. Always in containers with moisture absorbing crystals.

2 Gallon squares was my favorite. Packed together with camo net over them. They grow through the net fast. And you can just dump water and not miss pots they fit tight.

Also used distractions. Like a ripped tarp in a tree 100 yards away. The guy in the chopper always looks at that when he is directly on top of your patch!

Hard work to say the least.

Latest posts

Latest posts