What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

a ppk for a 6 plant limit

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Huge fan of your work and thread. Damn new build tho. I got all the parts to build out 48 sites the old way. Now I see u sized down and it would be perfect for a friends room. What to do with 48 extra 7 gal tubs lol. Maybe I need to get some animals. Maybe giant salad bowls? Giant rolling trays?

Hats for when you work in the fields

Grow4Flow

Huge fan of your work and thread. Damn new build tho. I got all the parts to build out 48 sites the old way. Now I see u sized down and it would be perfect for a friends room. What to do with 48 extra 7 gal tubs lol. Maybe I need to get some animals. Maybe giant salad bowls? Giant rolling trays?

Keep them and stick with your build, keep in mind that the new build is not for "Big trees" like the previous build. I may do this new build for a veg system, but i too just depleted Great Plains Hardware of their supply of tubs and the previous system works really well for me.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran

thank you! this build is just for short veg grows. if you are vegging longer the five gal tubs are great.

i'm showing this build really just so everyone can see the new tailpiece construction and hose connections.

you could use these tailpieces in the 7 gal tuff tubs. it has already been done.

the same stores that sell the 40 quart muck tubs also sell a 70 quart one that fits the 7 gal tubs the same way this 3 gal fits the 40 quart.

it has already been done, too. works great.

this 3 gal feed pan could be used on a 3.5 bucket also.

the tom-kap fittings are available in 2",3", and 4" diameters.

there is no one build. icmag member "gregor mendel" said about the ppk, "it's a flow pattern"

Miraculous Meds

Started with 5 gallon buckets, then cut them to 3.5 gallon size for a few inches of extra vert height. Then I went to the 7 gallon tubs. Now I feel like with a goal of 1 to 1.25 lbs. per site that the 3 gallon tubs might be the best size for that goal. I have a problem, I cant stop building shit. I love it but it would be nice to just let it all run smoothly for a year with no major revamps. Guess its just me lol.

Miraculous Meds

Pretty much failed using the cheap floor dry shit. But I think it was do to user error. I started my younglings in solo cups of floor dry and hand watered once or twice per day Till they started calling for more then I set em up on drip for 8 I tp'd them into 3.5 gallon buckets of floor dry and instantly went to 16 times a day watering. I think I just drowned them not giving them a chance since they were good in the solo cups I can only infer that it was my mistake it watering to much after the tp.
I have used botanicare ready gro af mixed with clay pebbles and rice hulls. Wouldn't recommend it, the coffee ground coco is to much like dirt. I did and am having success with the piece coir coco because of how loose it is making for killer drainage and little compaction so far.
I feel like I need to give the floor dry another go. What are u using for medium currently d9 and all other ppkers that follow?

Miraculous Meds

Im not sure this is the best use of your plant count....

If you are planning 10 weeks of flower then you will be flowering your plants at 12 inches.....

30 plants or a bit more over the course of the year....

Many folks who grow for medical have the plant count issue.....

I certainly wouldnt grow the plants like you are planning to get the biggest bang for my buck....

I would instead have 4 plants in flower...and 2 plants in large veg....

Your 12 inch plants can veg for 5 additional weeks then go into flower ...... 4 plants in flower allow for 2 plants to be harvested every 5 weeks.....

or 20 plants.....

THe question becomes....which will yield more.....

30 plants flowered at 12 inches or 20 plants flowered large......

a perpetual grow is the way to go....imo.....

Good suggestion. I would plus rep ya but I don't know how to yet. lol

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Good suggestion. I would plus rep ya but I don't know how to yet. lol

You can plus rep someone by going to the bottom of the post and clicking on the "Did you find this post helpful" where it says yes.

The second way is to go to the other side of the post. In the lower left it has three icons.

1. A circle is to the far left that will be green when the poster is on.

2. The middle is a balance scale. This is what you use to give them rep. Click on it and a box will appear. click the "I approve" spot then you can type a message in the lower box within the box. When done hit the blue spot on the bottom that says "Add to Reputation"

3. The ! in the red triangle on the right side is to report a post to the mods.

Lastly if you find a thread very good go to the top of the page. There you will find a box on the right side that says "Rate Thread" with a down arrow. Hover on that and a drop down menu appears with ratings and you select which you want. Then just hit the part that says "Vote Now"

This voting on a thread is very important because it will move the best threads to the top of the list. Then new people can get the best info faster than reading hundreds of thread that are not that good. To get the best threads in order first go to the sub forum, for example the " Vertical / Colosseum Growing" forum. When you get to the subforum at the top where you found the "rate" thread button earlier you will see a spot that says "Ratings" Click on that and the best threads will be put in desending order by the highest rated first.

Hope that helps.

Miraculous Meds

Thanks for that awesome post of info Ichabod. U made several important things very clear. I don't see the balance scale yet. After all the reading ive done im guessing cause I havnt reached 50 posts yet?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Thanks for that awesome post of info Ichabod. U made several important things very clear. I don't see the balance scale yet. After all the reading ive done im guessing cause I havnt reached 50 posts yet?

It is the little white cloud thingy to the bottom left. I am not sure if it shows up with less than 50 post or not.

Miraculous Meds

Side note... I was at the mich cup and somebody was vending this planter with a ro float valve installed in it. I didn't get a close look at it, but I thought someone had knocked off your idea commercially already. Unless it was u or your crew d9, then that would be cool. Anybody else see these things.

Z

z-ro

Nice looking grow, totally not what I thought when I read the title tho. Was looking for big trees!

DrFever

Veteran
Can anyone answer me this in the main res is there air being pumped into it ( air stones ) Also is this system run by gravity or is there actual pump pumping or sucking from all plant res back to main res ???

Grow4Flow

some of us use a pump to stir on a timer, but no air stones are needed.

One pump feeds the sites while sucking the water that is drained back to the res.

This truly is a set it and forget it system, i left my girls unattended for over 3 weeks and my leaves were still angled up without a single sign of deficiency. Don't think i'll ever go back to any kind of grow, this system will have your girls standing longer than a soil grow since they're always feeding from the wick