What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advanced nutes vs house and garden , what nute do you all like better ?

Well heavy16 formulates their own stuff in small batches based on what plants need. They dont copy. All plants need NPK plus micros so no rocket science there.
Is it complete? Yes.
No professional growers are using organics. Thats for homegrown diy folks.

Homebrewer

Veteran
Well heavy16 formulates their own stuff in small batches based on what plants need. They dont copy. All plants need NPK plus micros so no rocket science there.
Is it complete? Yes.
No professional growers are using organics. Thats for homegrown diy folks.

At 5-2-6 their veg formula looks real nice but don't you think the 3-3-9 for flower is supplying way too much potassium? On top of that, nearly all their additives are weighted towards potassium too.

A

acridlab

So, how bout we play a lil game?
Let's call it, stay on effing topic!
Original poster asked which one out of the two lines people are using.
Thanks for your great input on the subject, hb. But, I think u should go sell ur product somewhere else.

I can always tell one's level of understanding, by the way they can stay on topic...

10ftGanja

Is it complete? Yes.
No professional growers are using organics. Thats for homegrown diy folks.[/quote]

:laughing:

Homebrewer

Veteran
Thanks for your great input on the subject, hb. But, I think u should go sell ur product somewhere else.

I can always tell one's level of understanding, by the way they can stay on topic...

Feel free to chime in about the elevated potassium levels in canna-specific plant foods, unless of course this is all above your head.

10ftGanja

ya homebrew sells dynagrow like an avon lady
& calicookies is gonna win the cup

A

acridlab

Feel free to chime in about the elevated potassium levels in canna-specific plant foods, unless of course this is all above your head.

once again, that would not be on topic.. maybe that is over YOUR head.. if you weren't such a complete asshole, i would love to "chime" in on other subjects. but I've seen how those conversations go with you.. and like I've said on a few other threads,, that you ruin with your bullshit,, i will not argue with you.. rather do something constructive, like beat off or something…

Homebrewer

Veteran
Plants need a PK boost in bloom. Thats why

They actually do not need elevated levels of P and K during flowering. It's just easier to sell the consumer what they think they need instead of educating them as to what their plants actually need.

How does this feed program sound?
Week 1 and 2 use flower burst
Week 3 and 4 use big bud
Week 5 and 6 use pk 9-18
Week 7 and 8 use top shooter (gel)
Week 9 flush and possible 10 depends what the scope says

Thinking of trying this now along side GET let's bloom and advanced meta boost from Buddhas tree

Not sure if it's over kill tho I'm doing Buddhas cheese from seed in 60/40 coco using auto pots 25ltrs

relic1981

Veteran
I think that most nutes are pretty much the same.. its how and when you use them is important .. environment is KEY

yes and no... i think house and garden, when you use the whole line as directed, out performs all other nutrients and additives and its ph stable. it all comes down to environment, genetics and nutrition. the nutrition aspect is part what nutrients you are using and also your skill as a gardener. can you pull of good grows with lower cost nutes? yes but i think nutrients sometimes make the difference.all things being equal and you do a side by side with house and garden line and then advanced and you will not only see it works better, has more nutrion, is more concentrated and easier to use than advanced. imho its a no contest win for h and g. they are the best nutes i have ever tried with the exception of maybe aptus additives (they dont make base nutes). i like how h and g has you using drip clean with every watering so it keep what salts there are in there down to a minimum. also their amino treatment and roots ex are top notch. same as everything else they make and their customer service and distributer (humboldt wholesale) are a winning team and very helpful. if you write them they will send you samples. well they did a few years ago. i used to switch between bio bizz and h and g but h and g is so clean, partially organic nutes and both mineral based and fully organic additives. you really get the best of both worlds. great taste with lush growth and huge flowers.

GuyManDude

House and Garden all the way. Advanced nuts is all smoke and mirrors.

that's pretty ridiculous to say. Not trying to start a fight. I love y'all. To have such animosity towards AN nutes is beyond me. Now animosity towards GH for selling out like douchebags to Scotts? Yes, that I can get behind. I have stopped using any GH products as a matter of principle.
Someone actually stated earlier that AN will go out of business before long. That was 4 years ago. I'm still using AN. Jungle Juice 2 Part (it's the old pre pH perfect Sensi line), B52, Big Bud, Over Drive, Bud Factor X, and Sugar Daddy. I'm getting fantastic buds and have zero complaints about the nutes. Yes they can be expensive. I order most of my stuff online for almost half the price and have a local hydro store that will do its best to match web prices.

I tried H&G, Canna, GH, etc and none of them worked as well in my garden. You have to find what works for you. I found what works for me. The stuff is formulated for growing cannabis - like Canna, and H&G. H&G has 13 additives to their base lines and y'all complain about AN? Seriously? At the most I would compare what I do to Canna's line.
However, when I ran Canna, I ran into deficiencies. Same with H&G. With AN I had zero problems right out of the gate.

I serious have no idea why AN gets trashed so badly. the stuff works and works exceptionally well.

A

acridlab

a.n grown
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
that's pretty ridiculous to say. Not trying to start a fight. I love y'all. To have such animosity towards AN nutes is beyond me. Now animosity towards GH for selling out like douchebags to Scotts? Yes, that I can get behind. I have stopped using any GH products as a matter of principle.
Someone actually stated earlier that AN will go out of business before long. That was 4 years ago. I'm still using AN. Jungle Juice 2 Part (it's the old pre pH perfect Sensi line), B52, Big Bud, Over Drive, Bud Factor X, and Sugar Daddy. I'm getting fantastic buds and have zero complaints about the nutes. Yes they can be expensive. I order most of my stuff online for almost half the price and have a local hydro store that will do its best to match web prices.

I tried H&G, Canna, GH, etc and none of them worked as well in my garden. You have to find what works for you. I found what works for me. The stuff is formulated for growing cannabis - like Canna, and H&G. H&G has 13 additives to their base lines and y'all complain about AN? Seriously? At the most I would compare what I do to Canna's line.
However, when I ran Canna, I ran into deficiencies. Same with H&G. With AN I had zero problems right out of the gate.

I serious have no idea why AN gets trashed so badly. the stuff works and works exceptionally well.

they trash AN bc they dont like the price of it..i agree with u that AN works well for my garden so i have no complaints at all and everyone thinks u need to buy everything they have to have great results which is not true..sensi bloom,big bud,b-52bud candy and overdrive is all that is needed...for veg i use maxi gro and have zero complaints