What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pine Tar Kush: Grow-along and hopefully make some seeds!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, trying to get hold of viable PTK seeds has been a mission of mine for a couple of years now, and it seems to be 4th time lucky!
The first 3 batches of seeds i procured were all dead, so it's exciting to finally have some seedlings :woohoo:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

At present there are 8, 5 of them about a week old and 3 are just out of the soil - so obviously there is a long way to go - but i have some more seeds too so hopefully we will get some success even of there are hiccups along the way.

Obviously there wont be the numbers to do a large, open pollination but i do have seeds from 2 distinct populations of PTK and i will use as many plants as i can to retain the maximum diversity.
Ive been so curious to grow the Pine Tar Kush for some time now, i have some plans for crosses etc but will wait and see how it goes and how much i like the line.

this is a bit sooner than i would normally start a thread - but i thought some of you who have been waiting for PTK could damn well sweat it out with me and send me some good vibes for a successful grow :)

big thanks to the guy who provided the seeds, i wont name-check him right now because i haven't yet asked him if that's ok ... but i'm hoping he'll weigh in with some observations and advice as we go along.
also thanks to the others who provided seeds, even if they weren't viable

VG

C

chris harris

Good luck, I'll be tagging along. I've heard lots of good things about PT, so will be interesting to see what you get.

seeded

This is going to be a great grow to watch but I feel sorry for your inbox at harvest time :laughing:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, i'm pretty excited about this... and also a little nervous that something might go wrong. when i saw those little seedlings popping out of the soil i was like a kid starting his first grow! - much rejoicing :D

VG

A10

VERY interested in this one too! I'll be following along with everyone else. Good luck man, I hope you find something special!

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
congratulations on getting those seeds popped.. I hope to check back in and see some sticky pine tar buds very soon :)
here for the ride! good luck and vibes!

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm stoked to see a ptk thread and I'm sure you'll do them justice!
I'll be subscribing to this thread.
Stay Frosty!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks all!

another seed popped yesterday so now i have 9 little plants! i had almost forgotten about it after a week but a nice bonus, and a nice number of seedlings, 3 from A parent, 3 from B parent and 3 from the D population :)

VG

Samuel Caldwell

420giveaway
thanks guys, i'm pretty excited about this... and also a little nervous that something might go wrong. when i saw those little seedlings popping out of the soil i was like a kid starting his first grow! - much rejoicing :D

VG

Love the enthusiasm, vg! Plus vibes to you, brother!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks all, i'll get some more pics up next week. just up-potted the first 5

VG