What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemon Diesel

joebean91

hang the sonofabitch anyways
ICMag Donor
Harvested

Harvested

Well not much interest in this thread it seems , but I will try to wrap it up . Harvested my first Lemon Diesel at about 9 weeks . pics ; :woohoo:Now I get it !
For some reason these buds never look as nice as they smoke . This plant yielded just over 2.5 oz. , kinda low for my room but they were half the size of my average plants . Not enough stretch for my liking . I definitely enjoy the smoke very much . Pleasant flavors right down to the roach . I really can't see any diesel influence at all . In a vape it tastes like tang . Smoked it's more lemony . Gets me nicely stoned but not burned out or couchlocked . Overall I like it , but not too sure how long I'll keep her around . Probably grow it out a few more times , chuck some more pollen on her , and pass it along . Time will tell .

immaculate

oh mein gott!

joe - looking amazing at 59 days. congrats on the harvest.

this lemon diesel bud pron is almost too much to handle!

DSDFreak

Dr. Thurgood those look sooooo dank... and OP.. I have some LD at day 30 veg.... how much do these strecth?? How big/old were your when you flipped em??

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just grew out New York Power Diesel from Sativa Seed Co. It's a cross of Mexican sativa and Nirvana's aurora indica. This strain is extreme on the lemon smell and taste. In growth and after cure, the lemon is strong, and the strain has a stronger buzz than NYCD, imho.

Randy Lahey

Well not much interest in this thread it seems , but I will try to wrap it up . Harvested my first Lemon Diesel at about 9 weeks . pics ; https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78&pictureid=14520View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78&pictureid=14521View Image :woohoo:Now I get it !
For some reason these buds never look as nice as they smoke . This plant yielded just over 2.5 oz. , kinda low for my room but they were half the size of my average plants . Not enough stretch for my liking . I definitely enjoy the smoke very much . Pleasant flavors right down to the roach . I really can't see any diesel influence at all . In a vape it tastes like tang . Smoked it's more lemony . Gets me nicely stoned but not burned out or couchlocked . Overall I like it , but not too sure how long I'll keep her around . Probably grow it out a few more times , chuck some more pollen on her , and pass it along . Time will tell .

:tiphat: Very nice SIR! I literally applauded you at my comp when I saw your pics of your final product! Job WELL DONE!! :tiphat:

joebean91

ICMag Donor
Haha Thanks Randy , I appreciate ur kind words . Funny thing .. I just read my post above from like 2009 where I say I probably won't keep this Lemon around for more than a few crops .. Here we are in 2014 and I still have this clone .. A few in veg and 2 in flower .. Not my best yielder or fastest vegger still , but one of my tastiest and most unique head stashes and makes some of the best oil ever

RitualDelFuego

To the best of my knowledge this PNW LemonD is a cross of a lemon pheno skunk and a sourD. I used to think it might have been a lemon haze cross with the SD but it flowers too fast to be a haze plant. I asked a brother who knows and that's what he told me.

Lemon Skunk x Sour Diesel = LemonDiesel

it is still alive and kicking around town. if you know where to look :)

it makes super dense nugs that require very little hand trimming, as long as everything went properly with the nutes.

IMO-- the lemony flavour becomes more apparent after a lengthy cure, when fresh the herb smells more fuely than lemony to me. The cured and dry herb (6% moisture) has a greasy sticky feel when squeezed even when dried, and smells strongly of citrus. The green hit is always a juicy lemon punch to the head.

i recommend it highly. Good daytime smoke, but not overly racy or anything...

we used all botanicare nutes... grow/bloom, cal-mag, Liquid Karma, some silica/bentonite, and a nice probiotic tea. Finished with sweet and flushed for two weeks.

Nirrity

could please anyone give more details on the qualities of high from lemon diesel? would be nice to know how it stands against og/chems/diesels.. also who's the originator of this cut? did it came from green lantern seeds? does this cut used in gage green's lemon puff?

joebean91

ICMag Donor
i can tell you it has a nice relaxing , mellow quality to the high .. but as far as standing up to the OGs and Chems .. not quite . with the exception of its truly noteworthy flavor

B

Bob Green

I know Docta for Archive just put out some Orgon Lemons... Lemon Diesel x Faceoff OG BX1.

B

Bob Green

Yes Sir! I would like to see Lemon Diesel x Lemon G, and Lemon G x Lemon Diesel to see what all pops up.

relic1981

Veteran
i can tell you it has a nice relaxing , mellow quality to the high .. but as far as standing up to the OGs and Chems .. not quite . with the exception of its truly noteworthy flavor

i agree. i ended up replacing my lemon diesel cut awhile back. it just didnt do it for me medicinally, although like joe says its really tasty and makes great tasting shatter and wax. its a light yielder and i always took it to about 10 weeks. imho it doesnt meet my stndard for what a solid chem/og/diesel should. it should reek like hell in that good way,(dont have to explain it, you know the smell :) ) it should taste wonderful all the way to the ash, covered in trichomes, yield well... large dense upper buds and nice dense golf ball lower nugs, and it has to truly medicate me everytime i use it (which is alot). my favorite og's/diesels cut through other strains. they should have a very high ceiling. that aside its a solid strain for what it is.

now there are seeds named lemon diesel by emerald triangle seeds. here's what they say about theres...

Emerald Triangle - Lemon Diesel

This indica-heavy OG cross was created by backcrossing an early OG x 3 into our California Sour (Mexican Sativa x Afghan) mother. The result is a pungent, diesel-dominated beauty with immense potency and flavor. Infrastructure development is relatively symmetrical, allowing for three or four separate terminal colas, even in tight spaces. Well-suited to sea of green and SCROG. Be patient toward the end, as Lemon Diesel fills in tremendously in the last couple of weeks.

The gasoline-dominant flavor and aroma are complemented by strong notes of citrus and pepper. The high creeps up on you, relaxing body and mind, allowing you to focus on a task or gradually assisting your journey to dreamland.

This plant has superb quality and yield when grown indoor and outdoor. This finished in the Top Ten at the 2010 Emerald Cup, the most competitive cannabis competitions in America.

Genetics: (Pakistani x Lemon Thai x Chemdawg #4) x California Sour
Indica/Sativa: 70:30
Yield: Medium - High
Harvest: 9-10 weeks / mid Oct
Stature: Medium - Tall

anyone try this yet? from the discription it sounds pretty good and i like the genetics. also, does any one know if the real LD cut was a cross of lemon skunk x ecsd or lemon skunk x west coast diesel? just curious

joebean91

ICMag Donor
hey there Relic1981 , how ya been ? . thanks for elaborating , i agree with everything u said above . We recently got some lemon diesel back from the lab testing at 14% thc / 0.8% cbd . That pretty much says it all right there .. the only strain in my line up coming in under 20% thc .. well under .

i do enjoy the smoke from time to time tho some people i know dont enjoy it at all . i have often wondered why diesel is even in the name .. i assume something in the lineage , but i have yet to observe the slightest trace of diesel type traits in this plant .

Latest posts

Latest posts