Thank for picking your brain

mine is a bit smoky

Bare

Reactions: Rgd

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't see any reason why you couldn't reveg a male and get it to produce pollen again, but I've never done it or even heard of it being done.

Give it a shot. What's the worse thing that could happen?

zif

Veteran
Most won’t reveg.

Assuming you want to keep your male and/or keep plant numbers down, you have two easy alternatives:

Flower a single branch of the male. Any branch on 12/12 will flower, while the rest of the plant will not.

Or

graft a branch of the male onto the female target plant.

Either way you’ll get far more pollen than you need, and save the male.

I’m sure you have a reason not to just take a clone of the male to flower, right? That’s what 99% of people would do here, of course! ;-)

barefrog

Hola Gang

I have a Heri x LUI shedding now

its indoor in a small pot

I will plant it outdoor in the garden

it could be interesting to see

Bare

zif

Veteran
Hehehe. Well that’s another story!

Try the reveg. It may well fail.

As a final alternative to keeping the male alive, you might do a search for pollen storage - it keeps well if you’re careful. Also, pollen can be cut with starch or flour to greatly increase how far it goes when dusting. Most people use much more pollen than necessary....

Cheers & good luck!

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It works and there is no reason why it shouldn't. Cut it back like a female and leave enough green on it and give 18+ hours light.

WelderDan

Veteran
I have never been able to reveg a male after it shed pollen. I have taken cuttings and kept them in veg, but never successfully revegged one.

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
I have some chem4dd males that are revegging atm. They have flowers but not dropped much pollen..the balls are dropping off before opening.

LouieBones

My personal recommendation is yes do it. It is best way to see if any male intersex surfaces. I have reveged many males over the years and culled many of them due to intersex. I very rarely do it now because of age but it is a great practice.

Facelesdoll

My personal recommendation is yes do it. It is best way to see if any male intersex surfaces. I have reveged many males over the years and culled many of them due to intersex. I very rarely do it now because of age but it is a great practice.
Can you explain more about the interesting or send me a direct message?

Jimi Caliente

A few years ago i put my best female plant back to vegetative state. It was a monkey haze F2 and she lost her best trait: the incense smell after burning.
I don't know if it was reveg process or the environmental conditions that changed, but second and third grows were not satisfaying. That's why I don't reveg anymore.
Anyone experienced phenotypical changes after revegging?

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A few years ago i put my best female plant back to vegetative state. It was a monkey haze F2 and she lost her best trait: the incense smell after burning.
I don't know if it was reveg process or the environmental conditions that changed, but second and third grows were not satisfaying. That's why I don't reveg anymore.
Anyone experienced phenotypical changes after revegging?
Strange ? , never experienced a complete change in smell after Reveg , but I've only Reveg maybe 10 plants ever

Jimi Caliente

It could be environmental conditions as well. First grow plants were overcrowded and seeded, that's why I was waiting for better after revegging... But no.

Last edited: