What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would this work?

Packer420

What do you think guys? Would this work? Let me know your thoughts..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 27

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
1. I would put the veg tent after the flower tent, cooler temps preserve terpenes better.
2. Does the a/c of the house have the ability to keep everything cool with a fan blowing out the window 24/7? What about in the peak heat of summer?
3. When you can, upgrade to a fan for each tent with pre-filters. Vent the room instead of the tents.

Packer420

1. I would put the veg tent after the flower tent, cooler temps preserve terpenes better.
2. Does the a/c of the house have the ability to keep everything cool with a fan blowing out the window 24/7? What about in the peak heat of summer?
3. When you can, upgrade to a fan for each tent with pre-filters. Vent the room instead of the tents.

Thanks bro. For now cant afford to have the room ac. Temps are like 29 in the room and hum to 70 :( but i have no choice for the location of the tents. Do you mean carbon filters for each tent for their exhaust?

What could i do if i cant stabilize the room temps with ac? Can i just control the tents inside?

Pro Headies

Veteran
Did you already buy the Mars blurples? If not look into HLG Quantum boards. Those Mars are just as inefficient watt for watt as HID lights but less yield.

Packer420

Did you already buy the Mars blurples? If not look into HLG Quantum boards. Those Mars are just as inefficient watt for watt as HID lights but less yield.

Yeah u heard and could have asked here first for some better lights so i ended up with these so yes unfortunately these are what i need to work with for now.

Also, what i use for now is the 4" can booster for the flower and a 140mm pc fan for the veg. So room and tents temps and hum are almost the same 29ish and 70 rh. So im thinking the incoming inline fan would make things better. So in the pic the inline would replace the can booster for the flower then transfer the can to the veg exhausting to the flower and add an intake from the veg using the 140mm pc fan.

Hope it really makes a difference after all hard work.

Got the beans for this set up already so waiting for thr amazon inline fan if things get better this time.

Packer420

If mars is the culprit for these inefficiency then that coming inline fan might not help. Still i think i have to dispose these mars so i can purchase a better one but damn i wont recommend these to buyers!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You could also put the outside vent on a Y & vent each room separately using one fan.
I ran two rooms with a similar configuration & it worked wonderfully.

Packer420

You could also put the outside vent on a Y & vent each room separately using one fan.
I ran two rooms with a similar configuration & it worked wonderfully.

Thanks for that idea. Fow now im really concerned with my humidity and temps in the tent and in the room where that tents are.

Inline fan came in today :)

But, my question is, if the room where the tents are also high in temp and humidty, what can i do to lower the temps and humidity in the grow tents WITHOUT running an AC in the room where the tents are?

I have everything I think I need to run a decent grow but cant afford to have an AC in the room where the tents are?

What can I do? Please help as I have tried to gather all equipments needed for a decent grow for months EXCEPT for the AC in the room where the tents are.

Please help me guys!

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Unless your in a legal area or another place where smell don't matter, I would not go down on safety over budget.

To me it's better to wait growing, then risk getting busted cos you didn't save up money for a carbon filter.

Plans looks good

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Unless your in a legal area or another place where smell don't matter, I would not go down on safety over budget.

To me it's better to wait growing, then risk getting busted cos you didn't save up money for a carbon filter.

Plans looks good
^^ what he said ^^ :tiphat:

Packer420

Plans looks good

Im in another place and smell doesnt matter.

What im concerned about is the humidity ad temps and not the smell.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Im in another place and smell doesnt matter.

What im concerned about is the humidity ad temps and not the smell.
In that case, design looks fine to me.

With 400 Watt LED in the two tents combined, I don't think heat will be a big problem. But your location will play in, if your in a hot or cold area.

From the plan I can see the tents are 6x4 ft and 5x2.5 ft (height x width), how deep are they?

Once you know the volume of your tent, you can look up how big an exhaust you will need.
I prefer to have larger fans then needed and then dim them, to lower noise and giving me the option to turn it up if I get a heat wave.

Humidity controll like heat controll, have something to do with the area your in. If you can pull dry air into the room, ventilation will take care of it.
If you live in a hot area, with high humidity it won't help.

Dehumidifyers are the easy option, id like to add one to my room.
But for now, im getting by with a lot of air movement in the room and ventilation.