What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

STS recipe ; Sodium thiosulfate -pentahydrate- test? ; dosage

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I've had multiple people use the info I posted at the link below. It has worked for everyone who's used it, and not a single failure so far. I'd be interested in a few folks from here following it as well, and reporting back the results. It took me a while to get all the details put up there.
https://steemit.com/cannabis/@thecl...abis-pollen-featuring-the-gorgeous-early-dane
(edit: There's a typo. Make sure you put part B into the glass first, then add part A while stirring quickly. Not part B into part B. lol I'd change it, but the platform only allows editing for 7 days. lol)
Additional info:
Yes, you can store and use mixed solution for longer than a month. It does degrade with light exposure, but with proper care you can slow that down for months and months.

I stored the mixed solution in a light proof spray bottle in my fridge, since before that article was written (9 months ago). I used that same mix, diluted slightly with a bit of R/O water, to reverse a plant last month and I've been harvesting pollen for a week now.

All plants I've reversed were sprayed every 5 days. Excellent results that I strongly recommend others enjoy for themselves. :)

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've had multiple people use the info I posted at the link below. It has worked for everyone who's used it, and not a single failure so far. I'd be interested in a few folks from here following it as well, and reporting back the results. It took me a while to get all the details put up there.
https://steemit.com/cannabis/@thecl...abis-pollen-featuring-the-gorgeous-early-dane

Additional info:
Yes, you can store and use mixed solution for longer than a month. It does degrade with light exposure, but with proper care you can slow that down for months and months.

I stored the mixed solution in a light proof spray bottle in my fridge, since before that article was written (9 months ago). I used that same mix, diluted slightly with a bit of R/O water, to reverse a plant last month and I've been harvesting pollen for a week now.

All plants I've reversed were sprayed every 5 days. Excellent results that I strongly recommend others enjoy for themselves. :)

Can you post the info here? I cant call up the site. Tried several times. Maybe it doesn't like proxies...

EDIT: got it working now. Nice tut. to follow!

Last edited:

Scrappy-doo

What is the reason for toasting the flour... to reduce moisture content? I used flour once before and the pollenation was unsuccessful. Didn't toast it though.

Douglas.Curtis

Yeah, it's a huge tutorial or I would have copy pasted it. lol Sorry about that. :)

I toast the flour to remove moisture content. When you keep the packs sealed, it provides a small moisture buffer. The flour also dilutes the pollen, so you're not dumping 300 pollen grains on each pistil. :)

I strongly recommend keeping small sealed bindles in a thermos in a freezer. Minimizing temperature variations will help the pollen stay viable longer.

djonkoman

Veteran
I personally never toasted the flour and it worked fine, also stored for a while(longest I've stored it and used it successfully was a couple of weeks I guess, in a ziplockbaggie in the fridge).

only problem I've had with flour is when I didnt wash it off later, and it became an infection point for budrot(weather was very conductive to budrot though, like every autumn around here, drizzle rain all day long. but the unpollinated buds were fine)

Douglas.Curtis

Yes, spray it off after a while. ;)

When you toast it, and keep it sealed from moisture, you can mix it with pollen and seal it well. This you can store in the freezer for years. ;)

brickweeder

Shout out to @[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Douglas.Curtis.
[/FONT]

I was trying to reverse a CY with colloidal silver, sprayed for 1 week before flip and for 3 weeks after...nothing by female flower. Moved to the strainhunters STS recipe diluted at 3:1 and burned the hell out of her. Switched 9:1 dilution and sprayed every 5 days right before sundown (4 more sprays since the burn), per [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Douglas.Curtis's [/FONT]recipe. The partially developed female buds are now throwing male flowers. Thanks to me, she's a burned ugly plant, but determined to make it through flowering. Will be running more reversal tests on some different strains later, but wanted to post another thanks and confirm that I have success with the DC recipe.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]https://www.icmag.com/ic/member.php?u=467813
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]99[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Douglas.Curtis

Awesome to hear :)

Just keep in mind it isn't *My* method, it's actually the one Robert C. Clarke posted decades ago. I'm glad I was able to share it successfully. :) Thanks for letting us know, since confirmation is always very helpful.

brickweeder

Awesome to hear :)
Just keep in mind it isn't *My* method, it's actually the one Robert C. Clarke posted decades ago. I'm glad I was able to share it successfully. :) Thanks for letting us know, since confirmation is always very helpful.

Then many thanks to RC too...I downloaded the MJ Botany pdf and am about 1/4 way through...haven't run into any reversal recipes yet...not sure if he made that info available in his book of elsewhere. It's an annoying read through because the pdf was made by using OCR software and there are tons of mistakes and mis-recognized characters that disrupts the flow. I converted to Word and am basically editing the sucker while I read.

Darpa

Why would you go with some random internet recipe when it's already well documented in scientific littérature.. And please, let's forget the silver nanoparticule stupidity…..

If you are using Sodium Thiosulfate anhydride you should just follow the protocol from Sigma Aldrich (But most likely your sodium thiosulfate will be in the form of sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate that got a complete different molar mass that need to be taken in account if you want to get the right molar ratio to form [Ag(S2O3)2]3-, the active complex for ethylene effect inhibition.)

Sigma protocol:Silver Thiosulfate – Plant Tissue Culture Protocol

Prepare a 0.1 M Sodium Thiosulfate (STS) stock solution by dissolving 1.58 g of Sodium Thiosulfate (Product No. S7026) into 100 ml of water. Prepare a 0.1 M Silver Nitrate stock solution by dissolving 1.7 g of Silver Nitrate (Product No. S7276) into 100 ml of water. Store the stock solutions in the dark until needed to prepare the STS.

In general, the STS is prepared with a molar ratio between silver and thiosulfate of 1:4, respectively. Nearly all of the silver present in the solution is in the form of [Ag(S2O3)2]3-, the active complex for ethylene effect inhibition.

Prepare a 0.02 M STS by slowly pouring 20 ml of 0.1 M silver nitrate stock solution into 80 ml of 0.1 M sodium thiosulfate stock solution. The STS can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month. However, preparation of the STS just prior to use is recommended.

If you are using Sodium Thiosulfate pentahydrate: in step 1, Instead of dissolving 0,001 mole or 1.58 g of thiosulfate you should dissolve 2.48g of sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate.

I’ve done it several time, worked everytime.

Cheer

Darpa

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a working recipe. Spray every 5 days to get pure male results like the photo. Link As you can see, the plant stays super healthy.

The recipe makes more than a pint, so be aware.

No clue how to check your specific powder, sorry.
I've seen some reference that .7 gram silver to 2.6 sodium is more accurate, can anyone confirm?

Element115

Hi guys , going to give sts a crack but need to know what are my options for a surfacant ? Would a soap based one work ok or does it need to be the Yukka extract ?

Latest posts

Latest posts