What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Brothers Grimm C99 and 630w CMH, in dwc!!!

New light setup, new release of c99 and my trusty 18 gallon dwc buckets, this is going to be awesome! Here's a picture of what I've got in the tent:
picture.php

So back row is c99 #4 on the left and c99 #3 on the right. Front row is c99 #5 on the left and tangerine kush on the right. All the c99 are from seed and tangerine kush was a clone turned bonsai mom that is getting bloomed.

Setup:
Grow tent- 2' 6" deep by 4' wide by 7' tall
Light- 630w DE CMH with 4200k bulb running at 700w. I will switch to a 3kr bulb for bloom shortly.
Grow media: hydroton that's over a year old
Grow style: dwc bubbleponics
Training- topping, lst, lollypopping, and a bit of leaf plucking. I'll be the first to admit I am mean to my plants. I'm pretty sure they will keep growing :plant grow:

This should be a fun grow! Pull up a chair, roll a fattie or pack a bowl, and enjoy this episode of what's in my tent! Got a question about what I am doing, why I'm doing it, or anything else you are curious about, ask away. I'm always game to discuss grow methods, plant science, help fellow growers with questions, plant strains worth growing, grow tech, nutrients and anything I'm doing that can be done better:biggrin:

Last edited:
Goats:
My base nutrient is powdered maxibloom. For dwc it is by far my favorite. I use it from the first feeding of seedlings to just before I start flushing. It's cheap and very effective. I ran a test grow with just maxibloom, cal mag, and orca 2 grows ago and it will make you rethink his much of a difference bloom boosters and additives make. That being said I am using up what I have left of the bottles of bud igniter, big bud, and nirvana. I run those at 1/2 strength the weeks calls for on the bottles. Veg through bloom maxibloom, botanicare cal mag plus, and orca. If you run bennies give orca a try.

Junk:
18 gallon rubber maid totes are almost identical in height as 5 gallon buckets. The larger resivoir is a huge advantage if you aren't chaining your buckets together. The larger resivors slow down ph drift, allow for more nutes available to the plants which helps with deficiency and lockout issues, and the resivors don't heat up as fast with lights on. So with a 5 gallon bucket you get roughly 3 gallons of solution vs 15 gallons of solution... even at the height of bloom I only have to add water to resivors 2 times a week. Only down side is res changes when needed are a bitch.

Cantbuymeloveuh:
You are correct. Plant names are seed numbers in order they poked their heads above ground. 1 and 2 were males, and 6 didn't sprout. So 6 seeds planted and 3 healthy females to play with. I like them odds��

Everyone:
Thanks for stopping by and showing your support. My goal here is to see what c99 is all about. This grow is also an experimental one with the DE CMH lighting. Last run with tangerine kush was under a 1000w DE hps dimmed to 750. She gave up 17.31 oz in the 2x4 tent with a single plant scrog. So the single tangerine kush plant is my control plant in this experiment. I will have notes on noted differences as the grow develops.

So far the new light is giving me some killer inter nodal spacing on the c99. The tangerine kush is a stretchy lanky beast under anything I have grown her under(600w se how, 600w DE how, and 750w DE hps for bloom and 400w mh veg). So far she is still a little lanky but not as bad as usual.

I will be changing light cycles tonight. Going to 12/12. I will be switching to the 3kr bulb as well. The bulb has an awesome spectrum, very high cri, and great umol output per watts used. This is going to be awesome.

In the interest of full disclosure the bulbs (4200k and 3kr) and ballast (630w low frequency square wave) were provided to me by the distributor. This is a test grow and I'm what you would call a mad botanist and I love experiments. More info on the setup will be available if anyone is interested. I will warn y'all as this is new tech, I'm only allowed to share what I am allowed to. This is super exciting!!!

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Let me roll up a fatty for this...
:joint:

OK, on my bucket :lurk:

What is your ventilation setup? AC? CO2?

Reikox:
I'm pulling a vacume on my tent with a 6" hyper fan. So suction side of fan has a black ops carbon filter, discharge is ran out of tent, through garage wall and vented outside. The vacume draws air into the tent through a 6" flex hose with a screen off of it out of a bottom hose penetration in the tent. The garage has no a.c. and the air is pulled right off of the concrete floor. The thermostat is the garage is set to 60 degrees minimum. Tent tends to run 8 to 10 degrees over ambient garage temps with light at 700w and fan running at 50% speed. I have a exhale co2 bag hung up and it's about a year old. With airflow and age, it's probably useless ha ha. Normal tent temps are between 72 and 82 degrees with lights on.

Goats

Goats:
My base nutrient is powdered maxibloom. For dwc it is by far my favorite. I use it from the first feeding of seedlings to just before I start flushing. It's cheap and very effective. I ran a test grow with just maxibloom, cal mag, and orca 2 grows ago and it will make you rethink his much of a difference bloom boosters and additives make. That being said I am using up what I have left of the bottles of bud igniter, big bud, and nirvana. I run those at 1/2 strength the weeks calls for on the bottles. Veg through bloom maxibloom, botanicare cal mag plus, and orca. If you run bennies give orca a try

I'm a big fan of simple. Used to run like 8 bottles but switched over to jacks this run and it has been great.
Running Jacks 3-2-1 and using voodoo juice for bennies because I had the bottle leftover. Maybe I'll give orca a shot next round.

Have also been considering giving mammoth p a shot, but really don't like the price tag...

Anyways, I'll definitely be watching! :tiphat:

Goats:
The local grow store has it and preaches it's benefits. I'm on the fence about it. Might try it in a side by side later, but not with this grow. It will have to be done with clones to see any real differences. Price tag smells like snake oil... with hydro less is more and simplicity is the golden rule. Black magic doesn't grow good plants, attentive growers do ha ha.

Junk

Why are you calling the cindys #4 and 5, is this the seed number you gave them when popping them?

I can't speak for him, but it's common to number the seeds when you pop them. Some people renumber them when they sort the girls.

It can also be used to mark certain phenotypes when the breeder originally popped them. E.g. Yeti #3, Wookie #9

Other strains will name the phenotypes. E.g. Stardawg Corey Cut, Kate Upton cut etc.

He's just differentiating the plants for whatever reason. He might be deciding on which mom to keep, or labeling clones etc.

Yup seed plants get labels and so do the clones. That way once the seed plants show their phenotypes o can select clones for growing, culling, or establishing bonsai moms. Otherwise things get mixed up. Kind of how I wound up with a purple kush that I was told was a thc bomb. I called my buddy and asked why my the bomb was Barney the bear purple.... oops ha ha. Slight mix up in the nursery :good:

The light schedule has been switched from 24 hours to 12/12 as of this morning. Here is how they are looking currently. I will be topping and defoaliating either later tonight or tomorrow.
picture.php

You didn't miss anything THCB is ok, not great. I had a mom and culled it voluntarily. But to each his own....

It didn't break my heart. The purple kush wasn't potent or anything to rave about flavor wise. Boy was it purple though. Serious bag appeal. I ran it twice and let it go. If room allows I try to give a plant 2 grows to show me what it can do.

That's how I figured out tangerine kush was the monster it is. First time from seed in dirt it smelled amazing and was resin coated. Only got around an ounce and a half from her. Second round with her she gave me 9.62oz. That was in hydro with half the tent to herself.

I got a batch of bomb seeds called gorilla bomb. They crossed thc bomb with gg#4. I've got a feeling at least one of the beans is fire... I'm also looking at getting some citrus sap from Crockett farms (gg#4 x tangie). Unfortunately quality clones are hard to come by up here in alaska.

Latest posts

Latest posts