What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sacred Seeds Skunk #1 in 1980

FireIn.TheSky

I've got a plant with 100% dead skunk smell, this is the most true skunk smelling plant I have ever come across.

It was a bag seed find, as far as I know it has nothing to do with skunk #1. This shit stinks, 3 bags and a tupper ware could not contain the smell of an 1/8.

picture.php

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
i will proclaim this now as fact.. all Modern Strains originated from a Skunk #1 pheno..

Skunk#1 should be phrased as the end all be all in cannabis cultivation.. if you think you have something that doesn't have anything to do with Skunk #1 you are mistaken and should reevaluate their current predicament

rykus

Also working a skunky old line. I honestly like the chemmier ones more than the real skunky ones. The buds look better to me too,like fire in the sky's above...but there are a few stinkers.

Haven't smoked them in years, lol. Wasn't my favorite but I figured I should refresh my memories and the line after all the talk on here..... I hope it's strong... I remember the HP being better.

FireIn.TheSky

Hows the high?

I'd give it a 10 on the high a 10 on the smell but it falls short on the yield. It grows incredibly slow, it grows like a straight up afghanica like a tree stump. Im sure yield could be improved with longer veg but still not as good as other strains with comparative veg time.

The high is more of a body high but there is some head element in there as well, it is good for sitting on the couch watching tv after a long day, not really a get up and go type of weed.

And yes I agree Tripstick that almost everything hails from Skunk1, however this isnt so immediately related. I honestly have no idea what the mother is even though I hold the mother clone, but I don know is its not a skunk 1 f2 or anything.

corky1968

Veteran
FireIn. The Sky, the yield is probably very low because the plant is suffering from inbreeding depression.

Tripsick, as for Skunk#1 being involved with every Modern strain I doubt that.
The typical Dutch seeds may have a 80+% chance of having some Skunk #1
in them mind you. But not all of them.

For example: I highly doubt that all the seeds that Ace Seeds and Cannabiogen
are coming out with have any Skunk#1 in them. I'm sure there are others out
there who haven't used Skunk#1 also. But these two mentioned seed banks
are the easiest to point out. The same goes for anyone else using only
landraces to breed with.

FireIn.TheSky

FireIn. The Sky, the yield is probably very low because the plant is suffering from inbreeding depression.

Can't make that inference seeing how I have no idea what the mother plants genetics were, I also don't know if they were and s1 or stray pollen. I found 2 seeds in a bud on one of my plants this was one of those seeds.

It is nothing like the mother. The mother is viney and lanky with small buds all over the place and finishes in 58 days aND turns pinkish at the end. This dead skunk grows short, with interconnected buds and finishes in 70 days.

If you saw the 2 side by side you'd never guess they we related, both are epic plants. The mother is extra special especially considering the quality she produces in only 58 days it's the fastest plant I've ever had. Both are keepers.

corky1968

Veteran
Yeah, but in the parent plants may have been F1's with very dominant genes
taking over the phenotypic expressions. This current frosted plant may be an
F2 or later generation and that's where the recessive traits tend pop up.

Either way, she looks like a frosted popsicle and I hope you breed and/or clone her.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i will proclaim this now as fact.. all Modern Strains originated from a Skunk #1 pheno..

Ridiculous and fully untrue.

I'm sure there are others out
there who haven't used Skunk#1 also. But these two mentioned seed banks
are the easiest to point out. The same goes for anyone else using only
landraces to breed with.

And not to mention the plethora of OGkush crosses out there, with no skunk#1 genetics involved.

FireIn.TheSky

Either way, she looks like a frosted popsicle and I hope you breed and/or clone her.

I'll post some interesting pics later. Breeding is in the works right now I am hitting it with chem91xsfv/Appalachia pollen and I plan on s1ing it this summer to examine the progeny.

FireIn.TheSky

This will trip you out..

This is a picture of Skunk #1 from the old SSSC catalog.

This is a picture of my dead skunk

zirt

RKS= Colombian X Afghani from Mazar, later known as California Indica.
Sweet Skunk= Afghani (different one) X Acapulco Gold.

No polihybrid but 2 different lines.

Just my personal hypothesis.Bye.

Ganja baba

Veteran
@HK think he means made S1,s of the skunk cut.

do true old skunks even reverse? i know livers and cheese dont unless crossed, ie cheese x afghani =big buddha.

I've just tried reversing 1984 sk1 and my uk pineapple both 1980s skunks so hard tried every thing in the end I had to use a grinder to get a tiny bit of pollen out the sacks , they can be more or less impossible the old ones , gsc cookie on the other hand dropped pollen like a true male

Ganja baba

Veteran

Skunk#1 should be phrased as the end all be all in cannabis cultivation.. if you think you have something that doesn't have anything to do with Skunk #1 you are mistaken and should reevaluate their current predicament

My strain yield because I have 1980s and beyond true skunk genetics and I source my own land races , there is a group of dedicated believers that are carring the touch where Sam nevel and medicino joe left off and others from that time ,

All the diesels and chems and kush all are tripped out skunk genes twanged with ghani , I do believe skunk is in every thing also from another view , that when strain hunters started to go around the world bring land races back we got sk1 but those land races were getting spread wide and far , you would have a guy with sk1 then make some
Seeds with his ghani or Swazi so even back then there was a lust to cross out what they had with new stuff sk1 would have been crossed in and out by man different people , I bet there was many phenotype with many different strains added but the growers all ways chose for skunk phenos as that was the best ,
Sk1 is for sure the building blocks of Modern cannabis , also northern lights ,