What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do I change my signature - Fixed!

fatcat

I am well beyond my first grow, and would like to change my sig. I go to User Menu > My Profile > About Me > ???
there is no option to change my signature there, and I can't find one anywhere else. I rarely use forums, I'm more of an IRC fan, so I'm kind of new to this. Sorry if its staring me in the face.

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Go to "My IC". On the left there is a panel of options. Click "Edit Signature" :wave:

*Edit--Whoa....3000 posts! :D:

zeke99

Am I not allowed to use a signature?

I'm trying to create a simple one with the following text:

"current grow: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=342108"

This is the error message that the forum responds with:

"Invalid File"

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
I was trying to update my sig, got the same "invalid file" error thingy, so it's not just you :)
I'll report this to the admin, maybe they'll know what's going on.. :tiphat:

Skip

Veteran
Please post your sigs as we can't help you without knowing what you're trying to post.

LouDog420

I just tried to type 'test sig' into the edit signature page and got the same 'Invalid File' vBulletin Message. No links, no anything fancy, just text.

soundman

As per email reply, I can't add text. A simple "test" text sig gives invalid file error. I can't post smileys but can upload pictures.

starke

I tried to modify my signature this morning to include my current grow info and got the same "invalid file" message.

Current Signature: “We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky:smokey:

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

Trying to add: Current Grow: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=343153

Last edited by a moderator:

Skip

Veteran
OK, this is now fixed! Thanks a bunch for helping me troubleshoot that. :)

It was trying to add an image from the image field in the signature, which started with https://www. So if you didn't add an image, you got an error.

Note: image is not required now.

Latest posts

Latest posts