What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my thoughts and experiences on led lights

L

larry badiner

i will post pics of the plants tomorrow or the day after tomorrow

i had some extra cash so i ordered five 300 watt led lights from amazon for 60$/each. the reason i chose amazon is because if you sign up with prime (10$/mo) you get same day delivery. cost about 300$ iirc.

i have a 2x4x6 grow tent i bought for about 60$, that had a 125w dual spectrum fluorescent light (which ran pretty hot). the plants (sea of green/g13 haze x something) were pretty small before i switched out the lights. about 2 hours after i installed the leds, my plants grew about 4-5%, they're comfortably big now with no major care. temps are good, the only thing cooling about 16 plants and 1 led is a 6'' duct fan attached to a carbon scrubber.

with the remaining 4 lights, i swapped out one of the two 1000w lights and installed the remaining lights, one light to supplement about 2 plants.

i save on electricity, and my plants are decent, good enough for a personal stash without the heat and trouble that comes with heat.

heres a link to the 300w i used https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MYLC2FW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

my thoughts on led: fcking awesome ! lol. well worth the money.

L

larry badiner

sorry the plants look fucked up, about 3 weeks ago i had thrips and neemed all my plants and forgot to spray them with water, then kind of forgot about them