What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Seeds Malawi & Bangi Congo X Panama Goddess F10 (aka Congo Bongo)

FinFarmer

Hello everyone especially Ace Seeds supporters,

This is my first thread and to be honest, I haven't got an idea what am I doing. Also my English might not be perfect but yeah, who cares.

My Malawi and Bangi Congo X Panama Goddess F10 are the first Ace Seeds strains I'm growing. I also have Zamaldelica in COCO and soon one cutting in hydro, but we'll see if I will do some thread out of those or not. Later maybe.

OK, Malawi (feminized) and Congo... are both in their own 20L DWC. I'm sure many people don't appreciate hydro growing, but this is how it's going to be for now.

Both plants are about three weeks old now (will post pics soon).
I started with Spider COB LED's (90W each, 45 true watts), but I updated to two 300W (136 true watts each) Viparspectra LED's and that seem to make a difference.

I'm not sure what lights I'm going to use later on. It is still summer in Finland believe or not, so the LED's are the only choice for now.
Soon it will be cold enough to use my precious Gavita 6/750 DE lights along with Viparspectras.

I'm using Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow and Bloom nutes with probably AN Nirvana when flowering the plants. And also Canna Buffer Agent for Ca and Mg because the water here is super soft (0,1 EC).
I did get Remo nutrients "starter pack, or whatever it was called" from the importer, but will use it for my other plants.

I also have 30kg CO2 bottle with automated emitter, dehumidifier (because of closed room(s) I have), and more gadgets that I can remember.

Will continue this soon and post some pictures also.

ULMW

Nice to see you started the thread ! Am sure that Dubi and many Ace Seeds supporters will be interested to follow the grow. Really appreciate you kerping a journal as Dubi is keen to get feedback on this tester. I think together our information should be useful. Am looking forward to a happy grow!!!
See you soon.

FinFarmer

Thank you for kind words ULMW!
I hope Dubi will get something out of this thread if he sees this, even though this is hydro grow.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome FinFarmer :)

Thanks for starting your first grow diary here with us, and for your interest in our genetics and in our latest works :yes:

I'm not an hydro expert but i will try to help you with any doubt you could have throughout their development.

Best wishes!

FinFarmer

Malawi day 24

Malawi day 24

Attachments

• M3.jpg
    M3.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 12

FinFarmer

Thanks Dubi, it is my pleasure.

I am very excited on these strains. I also have Zamaldelica in COCO next to these little beauties. These are my Ace trio. You have plenty of strains I would (will) like to try when I have space for it.

I've been growing with hydro maybe 15 years now, mostly Haze crosses so hopefully these lovely sativas enjoy themselves, at least when the temperatures drops due the autumn coming soon. It's quite hot now in my grow room, about 29°C but I'm sure these equatorial ladies can cope it. Soon it gets better.

I also have a little problem with thrips, but there's not many left after couple of treatments with organic pyrethrum (don't know is "pyrethrum" proper English).

FinFarmer

Enter flowering

Enter flowering

Ok, it is time to change the photoperiod to 12/12.

I'm thinking maybe to change to 11/13 or even 10/14 at some point, maybe after few weeks.
Any ideas anyone, Dubi?

These ladies will stay in a small room (normally veg box) for 2 - 4 weeks and when my other plants are ready to flower, Malawi and BCP will translocate to a big room with others. Then they will get some serious HPS time with 2 X Gavita 6/750 DE lights and also few Viparspectra LED's .

FinFarmer

By the way, Malawi was topped once about week ago because it was getting pretty tall lady. BCP is as nature attended it to be, well far from it, but haven't topped it.

ULMW

By the way, Malawi was topped once about week ago because it was getting pretty tall lady. BCP is as nature attended it to be, well far from it, but haven't topped it.

Nice to know. I topped my Bangi Congo x Panama, so if you can leave your one untopped that would be interesting data for Dubi and all Ace farmers n supporters.

ULMW

Welcome FinFarmer :)

Thanks for starting your first grow diary here with us, and for your interest in our genetics and in our latest works :yes:

I'm not an hydro expert but i will try to help you with any doubt you could have throughout their development.

Best wishes!

Greetings Dubi,
Thanks for checking in and welcoming FinFarmer. We together are hoping to share our grows with you and IC Mag members and promote Ace Seeds!
Happy growing!

FinFarmer

Nice to know. I topped my Bangi Congo x Panama, so if you can leave your one untopped that would be interesting data for Dubi and all Ace farmers n supporters.

I believe I won't top it because it seems to be nice and compact one. I changed photoperiod today, so we'll see what's going to happen within few weeks.
Anyways I try not to top it.

ULMW

Yep! Go with 11 on and 13 off for these girls. Lovely that you going to leave Bangi Congo x Panama untouched natural state as this will showcase her even more than mine. I topped before I got the new tent. Next time....Lol!
See you soon mate!

FinFarmer

Thanks ULMW!
Now that I think about this photoperiod thing, I might have to go with 12/12 anyway because after 2 - 4 weeks Malawi and BCP will go to same room with other plants that I plan on keeping 12/12. I don't think the ladies would appreciate first 11/13 and then 12/12...
See you soon ULMW!

FinFarmer

Malawi and BCP 8 days 12/12

Malawi and BCP 8 days 12/12

Hello everyone,

It's time to update news. Well not too much news to tell about yet. It has been 8 days since I flipped the lights.

Plants are doing pretty fine, just starting to stretch quite a bit. First about 5 days there weren't much stretching, but now it has begun.

I think I might be in trouble with these lovely ladies later on.
My grow space in only 200cm tall, so I might have to do some bending soon. Well that's very familiar to me. I've always bended and/or scrogged the plants.

Another problem that will happen is that there's no extra horizontal space to play with. You'll see what I mean after a month or so.

Plants are now under Viparspectra 600W LED and seems to like the light. When the plants move to "bigger" (bigger space, but no more room because of the other plants) space there will be 2X Gavita 6/750 DE HPS to add light intensity.
By the way those Gavitas beats all other HPS's I've tried and measured light power and they even consume little less electricity than other HPS light with digital ballasts.
I also have Philips 315W Ceramic metal halide light at my work place (for strawberries, tobacco, chili and lemon tree) that I can use if needed. And I also have 6X Spider COB 90W LED's and 4X 300W and 1X 600W viparspectra LED's. So light intensity shouldn't be a problem.
Of course I'm not gonna use all of them but it is nice to know it is possible.

I've kept EC around 1.0 and pH 5.7 - 6.0. I still use AN Sensi Grow A&B and will keep on using Grow nutes until major stretching stops. After that Sensi Bloom A&B with probably AN Nirvana, that I like a lot.
It seems to work nicely, I don't see any signs of over- or underfeeding.

Temperature is about 26°C, not bad but 25 is the goal.
Humidity is 62%, which is what I wan't at this point. Soon it will however rise because the plants will grow and so on. I do have a dehumidifier but I cannot use it yet because it will make temps to rise maybe 2 - 3°C. If I have planned everything properly, too the temps will go down because of the weather gets colder.

I'm not using my CO2 tank yet, but soon it is time to add some carbs in the air.

All and all, all good, not bad anyways.

Happy growing everybody.

Attachments

• BCP.jpg
    BCP.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 10
  • M.jpg
    M.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 14

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi FinFarmer,

Your plants are growing really fast since your previous updates :)
With your 15 years of experience of growing in hydroponics i have little advise to give you regarding your growing media, but your plants talk by themselves, they are growing healthy and fast, and seems that they like the EC levels you are providing them.

The temps are also in the correct range, and as you correctly pointed out these sativas genetics deal very well with the high temps, although a bit fresher temps are recommended in the second part of the flowering to improve their resin production and flower density.

Btw, with Zamaldelica, Malawi and Bangi Congo x Panama in your line up you will be experience a good range of different high quality sativas from our catalog :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts