What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is in you solo cup..live soil questions

ridnovir

Noob here. I have never grown cannabis but it is something that I would like to learn about since I believe it might be legal to grow in the near future in my state (NJ). Being a health nut I naturally gravitate towards organic growing in super soil. I am bit unclear however in regards to the following:
1. What soil/medium do you plant your newly sprouted seeds in your solo cup? I have found some conflicting info out there. Do you plant them in supersoil or something else? And if it is not supersoil do you need to add any nutrients to the medium?
2. Also, what exactly do you put in your pot. I have read (growweedeasy) that you can put supersoil on the bottom ½ and top ½ with coco. Is that something most people do? If you plant in coco do you need nutrients until plant roots reach the supersoil? Can you transplant directly in supersoil? Will it “burn” the plant if you plaint directly in supersoil? I see some folks on youtube have cover plants I assume the pot is filled full with supersoil.. right?

Thanks

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
many soil recyclers & living soil proponents claim to be able to germinate in their recycled mixes which are older

that has not been my experience & i prefer to mix seedling mix whenever i germ seeds. i soak for 12 hrs or so in a fulvic/aloe solution {just been using a small ziploc for small batches of seeds}

historically, i just used promix w/ no additives {it's pre-limed} building my own, i mix 1/2 peat to 1/4 EWC & 1/4 drainage {like perlite or pumice et al} i will amend this at 1TBS per gallon of soil w/ crab meal/Ca amendment 50/50. CA can be oyster flour, lime whatever you prefer

Viral505

I don't have experience yet with trying to germinate in recycled soil, but I will say that solo cups and potting soil from Roots or FoxFarm is perfect, I had great results with both the Salamander Soil and Happy Frog bags, I will continue to use this method as it works for me. I also do the Aloe and Coconut water on the first watering on planting pre-germinated seeds as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts