What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Giant dense cola's

Ratzilla

Veteran
Greetings ICers
Well I am at the stage of a grow that i consider the most important in having huge success.
You probably guess right in it being the 3rd-4th week of flowering.
The stretch is over with the skunks that I am partial too.
They take 10 weeks to finish.
It's my Skunk a Rella a cross that i made (red hair skunk X C-99) a few years back now maybe 4-5 so I know her well!!!
Bud set has already happened and now I want to see the buds swelling and growing nice and dense.
Over the years I have taken to lighting my base mix up in favor of top dressings.
I do these top dressing every 10-14 days all through the grow and I want good turgidity which indicates great transpiration rates.
I use the leaves pointing up to the ceiling that tells me this is happening.
I feel that P and K are the elements that I want being taken up the most to get these big buds.
Donky dicks is the look that I want my plants cola's to exhibit.
In getting proper phosphorus uptake it is crucial to make sure that the mycorrihizae fungi has been well taken care of.
Introducing any liquid P and or adding high concentrations of P can do harm to this fungi.
I try and not use any P that have a higher ratio of 10-12.
I don't use steamed bone meal because the steaming process makes to much P available to quickly.
But my favorite P source does have a high ratio of P it's 3-16-0 fish bone meal.
I feel that even though the P ratio is high most of it is not readily available and only benefits a recycling regime.
I also like bat guano that have low ratios like 0-4-0 or 0-7-0.
Also know that soft rock phosphate 0-3-0 is one of the fungi favorite food sources.
I also start using mushroom compost around this time in thinking it will help nudge the pH a touch lower.
Kelp meal 1-0-2 is my go to K source as well as molasses 1-0-5.
The molasses in the teas i make used @1 tsp/gal.are a great food source for both the bacteria and the fungi.
Not to forget that in Organics I feel that the plant is the conductor and orchestrates through its exudes what it wants at what stage of growth.
I am just making sure that I supply the things that my plants need for them to grow big dense cola's.
I do all this in a 4 x 2 closet under a 1000 HPS.
All these things that i add i add a little at a time and i mix these things with worm castings and compost.
Just wanted to share some thoughts with my fellow growers.
Ratz :tiphat:

growingcrazy

You hit every soil amendment that is required to build a very high quality mix. Simple and effective....

Bone meal, calphos (soft rock phosphate), kelp. Add KMAG, gypsum and micro's and your on top of your game... Add some ACT's and it is so easy.

Any interest in sending a soil sample in?

Latest posts

Latest posts