What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The problem with BBQin

shithawk420

Veteran
But expensive steak houses fry in pans and use tons of butter to bast it in.I'll have to try it smoked with the right wood to make a decision

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
LOL...everything is tasty when soaked in butter and/or bacon. Helps hide the imperfections of both the meat and chef.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I had some bacon hot dogs the other day. The place that makes them grinds up some smoked bacon and puts it in the mix. They were pretty damn good.

Fuel

This thread is juts horrible for the munchies. A riot is happening in my belly right now.
Give me a cow, a pork and a dozen of chickens to test everything i've readed.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
This thread is juts horrible for the munchies. A riot is happening in my belly right now.
Give me a cow, a pork and a dozen of chickens to test everything i've readed.

yeah, i got the munchies reading it & went into the kitchen. fixed some big portabello mushrooms stuffed with spiced salad croutons, lots of mexican cheese, & Gunnoes hot sausage mixed together with just a "sprinkling" of red pepper flakes. i feel MUCH better now...later on, my intestines will fall out.:biggrin:

brown_thumb

I had some bacon hot dogs the other day. The place that makes them grinds up some smoked bacon and puts it in the mix. They were pretty damn good.

When i was a kid my grandfather would take us in his fishing boat to an island on the Mississippi river. We fished, played in the sand and roasted bacon-wrapped hot dogs on an open wood flame... mmm!!!

shithawk420

Veteran
Where's Stoner4life?he buys Nathan hotdogs in bulk.but he's a new yorker and I'm a chitown guy.are they really worth the price?don't care much for hot dogs except Chicago style.poppyseed bun with pickle,ketchup and mustard.maybe add some pickled peppers for me if I can't get relish

bigAl25

Veteran
Here is the solution I have come up with for my household. Weber Smokey mountain charcoal water smoker, Brinkman side load charcoal grill/smoker, and my pretty new and pretty Weber genesis gas grill. It would be more visual if I put up photos, but they are all 3 covered right now. Love the tenderloin photo and others. The results can be wonderful.

bigAl25

Veteran
Kingsford on sale at Lowe's or Home Depot around holidays: 2, 18 lb bags for only $10. Man that's a deal from a decade ago. check it out.

brown_thumb

Where's Stoner4life?he buys Nathan hotdogs in bulk.but he's a new yorker and I'm a chitown guy.are they really worth the price?don't care much for hot dogs except Chicago style.poppyseed bun with pickle,ketchup and mustard.maybe add some pickled peppers for me if I can't get relish

I ONLY buy Nathan's or Hebrew National. I'm not Jewish... just really like those brands... considering what's available in my area.

When I was a kid I only liked Oscar Mayer but that may have been because I did and thought as I was told to by mommy and daddy. These days, I think Oscar Mayer dogs SUCK. I don't know if they changed their formula or my tastes changed... maybe both.

Anyway, this thread has convinced me to buy some Nathan's jumbo dogs and wrap them in extra-thick bacon and roast those little bastards outside.

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol yeah,Oscar myers still sucks.honestly I prefer brats or higher quality meats.maybe chorizo or something.sorry to derail this thread

brown_thumb

Well... I consider hot dogs and bratwurst to be very different things. They have similar shapes and fit on a long bun but brats and dogs have very different flavors/textures.

I like them both bar-buh-cued!!

shithawk420

Veteran
sorry.I'm a bit of a snob.i agree.i don't really care as long as it's bbq.I got a llama thats probably gonna die soon.maybe I'll post the process.can't say I heard anyone say that's the best damn llama I ever had though.lol

soundman

sorry.I'm a bit of a snob.i agree.i don't really care as long as it's bbq.I got a llama thats probably gonna die soon.maybe I'll post the process.can't say I heard anyone say that's the best damn llama I ever had though.lol

I had Llama once. Slow and low cooking. It was great. Almost any critter tastes good smoked slow.

razor ridge

White trees and fruit trees are best for barbecue,also Vitis vinifera are great
for fish barbecue,better temps for fish barbecuing..

Oaks we use for heating a houses and we dont use him for barbecuing of food
cause Oaks have tanines and they can made meat or other bitter tasted..

Most usually we use European Beech tree and that same tree is most used for smoking
meats and fishes..

I said grilling not smoking, and I use white oak smoking is hickory, pecan, cherry depending

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Maaaan, you guys with your fancy grills...heh. This baby right here is free...and it's portable! Once you're done grilling, you can go grocery shopping with the damn thing...lol.

shopping_cart_grill.jpg

Seriously though, I just got a new 22" Weber. Still getting used to it, but it's gonna be a keeper. The cooking grill it came with has flip up sides for offset cooking...you can add more coal/wood as you go without having to lift up the grill which is a nice touch. I'm looking into getting the pizza stone for it so I can make some pizza.

HB.

Green Squall

There's this dude in my town that restores them old Webber Grills to their former glory. An impressive collection he has. Those things are made to last!