What's new

Late 2017 - c99 x sweettooth#3

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
August 10th update

August 10th update

Alright. The "no plan" is to get a harvest before November 1st - 15th(avg first frost for my area) from seed started end of July to first half of August. Plan of desperation..

They will stay in containers the entire time and I will use a mixture of organic and synthetic 'techniques'. They're staying outside for now. Right now they're getting about 13 hours and 50minutes of daylight. Where I have them they're getting direct full sun for 90+ % of the day. Temps are 70F(low) 90s Fahrenheit to low 100s F(high) with 60 to 100% humidity.

Soil used for seedlings is "Black Gold All Purpose Potting Mix".

For whatever reason fire ants like the potting mix. I figure they were making a nest. Sprayed lightly with common household pesticide, propped up the seed trays off the ground; Fire ants gone - for now.

This particular strain finishes in 55-65 days. My last grow was 2009 with some Afghani IBLs and F1s and F2s that came from bag seed. After that I traveled around and now I'm back.

Nothing extra for the plants so far, other than tap and rain water.

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay. So its been raining pretty much everyday for the past 7-10 days.

I think the excess water is causing overall problems, some seeds havent broke surface and have probably rotted, other plants that are about 2weeks old are turning yellow. The other day I've moved them where they wont be getting rained on. I haven't lost any of the two week old plants, yet. Pest damage is minimal to non existent.

Biggest bug problem I've had so far is fire ants making a colony out of a bag of potting mix. I doused it with pesticide, then went and bought a new bag of Black Gold Potting Mix. Hopefully I can keep the ants from invading the new bag of potting mix. I only intend to use the potting mix to start the seedlings.

I'll be repotting the 2week old plants soon, with perlite, manure, top soil, humus, and sand. I have a massive heap of mostly composted cow & horse manure. pH is a little on the high side due to me using calcium oxide. I've added powdered sulfur to the pile to adjust the pH. Probably will take longer than planned for the pH to adjust to where I want it.

Compost heap's pH is between 8=9, possibly 10 in some areas. Goal is to drop it down to pH of 7. Using litmus paper to test pH levels.

I am not doing well as I want or expected. This is my first go at growing anything for 8-9 years.

Will post some new pictures and info in the coming week.

thor

Outdoor Grower, C99 Lover
ICMag Donor
Fingers crossed for a quick recovery! Looking forward to see them bloom :watchplant:

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
August 20th update

August 20th update

picture.php

This is some of them. Mix of 5 and 7 gallon bags. Soil mix is perlite, compost(store bought and some self made), peat moss, added a small handful of gypsum to each pot. Still just doing plain water.

Rubbed the stems on a few, they already smell good. Looks like I might lose 3-4 due to being over watered then playing with the soil mix. I was trying to avoid having to buy peat moss or coco coir. :|

Thanks Thor! Hopefully they like the soil mix. Might give them some blackstrap molasses and epsom salt in the next day or two.