What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lawsuit Filed To Declare Controlled Substances Act Unconstitutional

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
Jist like other law suits pertaining to Schedule I drugs or legalization, especially nowadayz.
frivolous & ain't gonna happen.

Crazy Chester

I disagree - it's meritorious. What is frivolous, arbitrary and capricious is keeping cannabis schedule one.

Crazy Chester

Schedule II will be no better. It needs to be removed altogether

I agree.

It's a medicinal herb that exists only to help people and predates "law;" "scheduling" it is more than arbitrary and capricious, it has been done intentionally to create a black market that the very source of the "law" controls to benefit a few people and to ruin the lives of many.

Pious

Sadly, the CSA ain't unconstitutional. It's just plain wrong. The appellate courts rule pretty strictly based on the former.

Crazy Chester

too much money in scheduling. aint gonna happen anytime soon. under the radar as always, mj folk knows how to play it.

Certainly that's how it's been up until now, but if these particular litigants actually prevail, this will be the first of a long list of lawsuits lining up to sue. If that happens, the gravy train ends because the government will have to account for the damage it caused and it will start thinking about how much money it's losing rather than making.