What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super soil + Bokashicompost = Yellow vein-looking fungus

Hey!
mixed up some supersoil 10 months ago. Done one grow with it.
To make it even better i added bokashicompost to the stored soil.

Now, i am starting too see yellow fungus growth, and its growing in the pattern of Veins.. and it's creating a slimy goo on topsoil.. like a microscopic horror movie! haha

"In a teaspoon of soil there is more than 1 kilometer of fungus-roots" - Peter Wohlleben

Fungus is a very strange thing, its not driven by photosynthesis, and thus not a plant. And yet fungus is made of Chitin wich is the same as of insects.
Nonetheless fungi has a key-role in the circle of all life on this planet, decomposing dead material, fertilizing and giving nutrients to the living.

To those of you more eligible; Is this fungi harmfull for my plants, or my soil?

Best regards

Attachments

• IMG_20170715_172530.jpg
    IMG_20170715_172530.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20170715_172255.jpg
    IMG_20170715_172255.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Latest posts