What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eastbaygrower is heading for the hills! 2017 outdoor full term grow, x30 300gal.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Hi ladies and gents,

This is my 3rd consecutive outdoor season documenting my grow on icmag and although alot 9f really knowledge growers have left or been banned I still feel compelled to share my grow with my fellow icmag brethren. I really appreciate the comments and discussion from this site and interacting with fellow outdoor growers is my main goal for postung...

Now on with the grow!

I was lucky enough to purchase an 8+ acre property up in gold country in May and got in right at the last m8nute for a grow this year. Finally dont have to grow in a backyard in a bammed county always worryinh about cops or neighbors, fully compliant up to 30 plants fully fenced and secured. Ordered a custom soil mix from Durham worm farm based on Coots mix but focusing on high Ca. Unfortunately they forgot to add the 800 pda of gypsum to my 40yards so I had to hand amend that...

I'll post exact mix later...

I have x20 300gallon pots and x10 200 gallon pots..

Strains:

X16 cookie frost clone (she's the start of the show imo)
X3 blue Skittles x royal kush seedlings
X3 baked beanz black lime reserve #2 f2s
X2 blue zkittlez clones (good vigor)
X2 royal truth x royal kush seedling
X1 GDP x royal kush seedling
X1 in the pines f2 from baked beanz
X1 GDP clone
X1 sfv og clone

Blue zkittlez

Black lime reserve

Cookie frost

Here's a layout of the irrigation setup from the dripworks website, great tool, system has arrived now I need to put it all together, big boy legos lol

Sent in a soil test of the new mix to Logan labs Yesterday, am waiting to hear back before amending the micros

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
looks like a great start. are you worried at all about your pots getting to hot? sitting on pavement like that and being black containers.

what if they were on pallets so they can properly drain? I have a few plants around the swimming pool on concrete, i always make sure to lay bricks/wood or something down to elevate the container off the ground

Best of luck this year

cbcool

Subbed, congrats on the new property I'm sure the stress level is greatly reduced.

Alpha chem has great sulfates, but be careful don't water them in all at once, spread it out over four or more watering's.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Very fucking cool, eastbay. Congrats on getting the place up and running so quickly and best of luck to you this season.

HB.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Soil mix:

3 yards castings
3 yards mushroom compost
2 yards compost (a bit worried it's not organic and might be sprayed with something that will come up in my flowers, need to call and find out)
2 yards topsoil

140pds crab meal
200pds kelp meal
100pds been
50pds alfalfa
50-100pds fish meal I forgot

150pds azomite, diatamacous earth, dolimite lime, and rock dust
300pds calphos and oyster shell
700pds gypsum

17yards peat

10yards lava rock
3 yards pumice

Sent the test into Logan labs yesterday, should get results by next week. I made sure to only do AA 8.2 on cations only as they can give back some funky micro numbers..

EastBayGrower

Veteran
And yeah I am a bit worried about the black pots on the cement, but you work with what you got... I'll try to compensate with multiple pulses of watering throughout the day to keep the root zone cool

plantingplants

Like with a tarp? Or shovel? Imwonderin what technique

Btw that alpha chemicals company sold me some bunk citric acid. Definitely not as pure as the stuff i got from peaceful valley.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Interesting I have there citric acid too, seemed to do the job just fine but I have nothing to com0are too.

And yeah the soil was dumped by soil company right next to where the pots currently are so just wheelbarrow it into the pots and amend with gypsum every couple of wheelbarrows... largest shovel you can find and wheelbarrows... wasnt bad at all really..

plantingplants

We were using the tiniest sprinkle of the PV cotric to ph 2 gals of water, then i ordered 50 lbs of the alpha citric. Had to use full pinches. Ive been meaning to contact them for a refund or return. Itll work fine, but they are for sure diluting it with filler.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Some of those Amazon companies are shady..

I heard the biggest nematode supplier on amaz9n routinely sends out packages with only 30% live nematodes, or atleast that's what's being seen by the users once they receive and microscope the sponges... 70% of em are dead ... I heard the scanmask ones are always lively though...

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
This is what I wish to do one day

This is what I wish to do one day

Looking good, inspiring work and cheers to a good season.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome! Thats a good mix! Too bad you had to add gypsum yourself. People make mistakes. A friendly reminder next spring, and they will probably do it right for ya.... Looking forward to watching them grow!. I would recommend wrapping the black fabric containers with burlap sack or something to keep them shaded and cool... You don't want to over-water the plants. Oxygen is important to the roots. Thanks for sharing, my friend! :smoke:

ManyManySpliffs

You don't want to over-water the plants. Oxygen is important to the roots. :smoke:

Pipeline I've read you can add a little hydrogen peroxide during watering to provide additional oxygen to the roots. Have you heard of this or tried it in the past? I've done it in the past and couldn't really see a difference between using it and not using it. Maybe I need a more controlled environment to test something like that. Outdoors has too many variables.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
With black asphalt hot enough to get an egg, it helps transpire the water really quickly so am able to really push they plants with oxygen and nutrients feeding of they end up beasting out of there pots

B

beanz

hay brother ....
i,ll be dropping from time to time ...... be good to the girls .

found some stunners in those ITP ..... booya. popped mine on your advice ....making pineapple madness ;) ( mullumbimby madness x in the pines)
look forward to the blr also ..... cha ching ....