What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fox farms grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfishy1

Thanks for input Grow. Appreciate all input good or bad. Guess I really struggle with the whole 'organic certification' schtick. Good luck with all you do

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Went and bought Fox farms tiger bloom and big bloom. Also Neptune harvest fish + seaweed. To feed the salamander soil.

Badfishy1

Look into worms for earthworm castings. Amazing amendment and easy to keep. Basically, feed them, they eat, poop and free fert.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I got of bag of Dr. earth. It's mostly ewc. I do have compost pile with lots of native worms, but last time I brought in stuff from outside I had fungus gnat problem

Badfishy1

Can always use neem oil for a soil drench for fungus gnats. Castings are also used in compost teas which will feed your soil with microbes

Samuel Caldwell

420giveaway
I used ffof and happy frog when I went indoors years ago. The biggest issue was fungus gnatts, which were controlled with Gnatrol. After I started mixing my own soil and reusing it, the gnats went away.

+1

My current grow is using ffof and I've got tons of gnats. I just started hitting them with gnatrol and I'll pick up some sticky traps ASAP. Bothersome but not necessarily detrimental.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I have azamax a neem derivative now, didn't have last year when I had the problem. I just tried something new. I harvested my first plant using the salamander soil. I pulled out the trunk and whatever root came with it. Then placed clone in hole. Top dressed with the guano and Dr earth. Supposed to better than just throwing away the microbiology in soil.

Badfishy1

I have azamax a neem derivative now, didn't have last year when I had the problem. I just tried something new. I harvested my first plant using the salamander soil. I pulled out the trunk and whatever root came with it. Then placed clone in hole. Top dressed with the guano and Dr earth. Supposed to better than just throwing away the microbiology in soil.

Have been listening to a podcast where one of the guests talked about instead of taking roots, leave them as the roots contain nutrients that are already available for consumption. Not sure the validity to this, but worth considering

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I've used Foxfarms Ocean Forest, Happy Frog, and Strawberry Fields. They are all great soils. Have never had issues with any of them other than gnats which are easy to deal with. Ocean Forest is a hot mix, but it makes for a lot less fertilizer use which is nice.

-Funk

Badfishy1

I've used Foxfarms Ocean Forest, Happy Frog, and Strawberry Fields. They are all great soils. Have never had issues with any of them other than gnats which are easy to deal with. Ocean Forest is a hot mix, but it makes for a lot less fertilizer use which is nice.

-Funk

THIS...
I burned the FUCK out of 2 seedlings in OF... my fault tbh. Heard over n over it was hot, but tempted fate. Play stupid game win stupid prizes

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Just had first harvest with salamander soil. Drying for a week now. It was my biggest yield so far, however I think that had more to do with going to the bigger pot size. So much easier to water. Holds water longer in case I get to the site later than usual. I'll report back after cure.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420giveaway
root mass def effect yield, esp when growing in soil
congratulations on the nice harvest!
i hope its some of the best you have ever smoked
also, take a moment and enjoy the pride of having produced it yourself!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
root mass def effect yield, esp when growing in soil
congratulations on the nice harvest!
i hope its some of the best you have ever smoked
also, take a moment and enjoy the pride of having produced it yourself!

Thanks for the support. Icmag has been huge help. Before I joined, I would read as much as I could. Best info comes straight from the mouth or keyboard of a community of growers.

Even reading websites and books for years, there's always something new to learn.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
hey man , organics certs are for commercial growers who have to report this stuff.
you will get flack for it as seen but , its your grow and you are moving along the path towards organics so dont let the sticklers dissuade you

my suggestion would be grab some horse poop or regular ol peat moss(no perlite) an old plastic bin and some fishin worms from a bait shop or wallyworld

through in your non aromatic vegetable and fruit wastes and yuou have a fertilizer/microbe factory - they dont really smell too much and they are super useful around the garden

as for dwc, the upfront investment is large
theres the meters
nutes
buckets and baskets
hydroton or whatever medium
then theres the mixing once a week and ph'ing everyday
the problem of keeping the root zone cool
the infections that can happen over night
the gear failure
the bugs that dwc attracts
if you want to learn more fast
look for snipes turorials on here, he is a master
the beefits are you can shave up to 2-3 weeks of time off a grow from seed
and the cool factor
those youtube videos are cool but, i got a closet full of gear i havent touched in years
cept for air pump, i use that daily for teas and rooting clones

i will take my cuts and put them in a labeled jar with a pinch of rooting powder and toss in a mini airstone from petco, it speeds up rooting to around 10-14 days once the rootlets appear, ill throw em in a cup of soil and within a week ill have roots visible once they start to wrap the cup a bit , uppot to 2.5qt containers to veg and clone

im going to try a diy co2 in my veg room as theres almost no airflow in that room

also gonna be throwing in a couple plants every two weeks for a perpetual thing and household weed

also bro

i gotta say this

pics or it dint happen

i like to just water my plants and be done with it

Badfishy1

Thanks Boyd. Have had worms as pets for a couple years now lol. Yeah I'm a ways off (space) from a dwc as if I'm going to go through the trouble I'm going to do it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts