What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my ACE journey begins

Samuel Caldwell

The Zamaldelicas are quite similar, both very bushy. I'm excited to be growing them, I've seen so many great reviews! Smell is pungent and very loud! Did I mention that I'm excited about these gals?

picture.php

View image in gallery

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Very nice looking ladies Samuel. I'm looking forward to your harvest, good luck. Peace

Samuel Caldwell

Thanks, fl! Good to see you checking in. Hope all is well in your world.

I decided to bring my tall Congo down for a more even canopy. She's got a strong stem! A bit of supercropping to soften her up and then some LST to hold her down.

Stunning looking plants Samuel C, are those ZAMS FEMS..? I've only popped two regs but the leaves where not any where as big as those, really nice work..!!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Samuel,

How are your doing plants lately ? Already into flowering ?

Wish you and yours are having a great start of 2018! :)

Samuel Caldwell

Hey dubi and anyone else that's still tuning in. Thanks! We're hoping for a great 2018! I think we're all about due for a good one!

We finally made it through our holiday gatherings and can focus on other things again. We're still putting boxes of stuff away and lots to go before we're done. I've got a call in to the electrician, hoping to get the new garden room wired up and running ASAP now.

The garden is doing ok but not great. Between starting in too cool basement temps and my old soil the girls have struggled a bit. I was excited to use my old organic soil again but I should have spent some time reviving it first. I've started supplementing with some compost teas and aloe waterings. We'll see how that goes but probably top dress with some fresh compost, too.

Lights were flipped 12/27 so 3 weeks of 12/12. First, the full garden shot. Zamaldelicas in the back, Kali China front left, Congos front center and right.

Samuel Caldwell

Kali China gal. She's a shorty, only around a foot tall, so I've got her propped up so she's closer to the lights. When she was younger she smelled like my first KC gal, heavy on the oriental spice and grill meat, as Ace officially describes her. She's changed quite a bit and now has a strong mango citrus aroma. Nice! I hope she keeps developing in that direction!

Samuel Caldwell

My Congos are both beanpoles, around 20" tall. The one on the right matches Ace's flower petals description, very floral! The one that's tied down is a bit sturdier overall and her stem has stronger purples. Her aroma is also flowers but there's some funk mixed in that reminds me of body odor but not in a bad way.

Samuel Caldwell

My Zamaldelica gals are pretty similar--stout and bushy. Smells are loud but still pretty undefined. The right one's a tiny bit taller and has a slight citrus hint but otherwise they're just big loud potent cannabis smell. I like it.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Samuel,

Glad you are having a good start of year! :)

Your plants look a bit underfeed, but you are still on time to correct and increase their feeding, try to adjust correctly the ph and feed them with a good fast absorbing liquid fertilizer rich in NPK and micronutrients.

If temps are still low in the room then try to don't overwater them, and expand properly the dry soil cycles. Best wishes for upcoming weeks of flowering!

Kaskadian

Veteran
Just beautiful man... I'm loving the colors coming in on the Congo gals. Looks like really good trich production as well.

Samuel Caldwell

Garden room update.

The electrician was here so we're all wired up! Next step, I need to insulate.

Ambient temperature in the basement has been around 50ºF/10ºC this winter so I might need to add a bit of heat. (no idea what it'll be like down there next summer) A couple ballasts, lights and fans will add a few degrees but probably not enough. I'm thinking radiant floor heat might work well and be fairly simple to install, something along the lines of seedling heating mats only more permanent. I'll check my local big box hardware stores to see what they recommend. I welcome all advice so please chime in if you can help.

Veg will be done inside my 2'x3' tent, which will be stuck in the front of the garden room. Flowering will be the back half of the room, roughly 3.5'w x 8' long, so I'm planning on two 315w cmh lights.

I've got some time off work coming up soon so I'm hoping to make some real progress and even get this finished up in the next few weeks. Fun, fun!