What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goats Grows DWC

Goats

well, less than 12 hours later and 4/5 seeds have popped and are showing tails.

first time growing a connoisseur genetics strain. seeds popping in 12 hours is a good start :woohoo:

picture.php

Goats

Rainbow jones is on my wish list too hahah

well, follow along man. i have high hopes after what i've seen others produce with this strain. i may start a separate thread for the rj. that wouldn't be until mid-sept some time as i have a 2 week vacation planned for early sept. until then updates on them will likely be in this thread.

Goats

53f

53f

day 53.

clear and cloudy still.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

the rainbow jones are now in rockwool waiting to sprout.

picture.php

thanks for looking :thank you:

Goats

Man that strain is def a keeper i would love to get my greasy mitts on her lol good job.

happy to point you to the guy i got the cuts from. no idea if you're even in canada, let alone near vancouver though.

i actually want to find someone near me who has some of the more well-known clone onlys.

Goats

59f

59f

day 59 and the poor girls are heat stressed.

still lots of beautiful purples and blacks coming out though. starting to see some amber now. going to give them another week at least i think.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

one with the hps on
picture.php

and one with the flash
picture.php

Goats

i also noticed that one of the side branches had gotten bent over against the side of the tent and was hanging by a thread. decided to pull it as a tester :biggrin:

smells have morphed a bit and i am getting a lot more of the kushyness now, which is very welcome.

i'll dry this for a few days and then give it a smoke. fingers crossed.

picture.php

:tiphat:

Goats

thanks for stopping in guys.

sample will be dry enough to smoke tomorrow so i'll likely pinch the lowers off that branch and test it out. saving the little top to smoke with my buddy i grow with this weekend.

Goats

testing, testing, 1, 2, 3

testing, testing, 1, 2, 3

tried out a tester joint.

taste and potency were both good. it is a nice indica high, but was a touch racy as it's an early tester. had that hindu feeling behind my eyes and just sank into my chair.

ash burned white and the smoke was fairly smooth considering it was a <3 day dry.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

excited to get back from my trip and start smoking on the nugs that will have cured for a week already.

fingers crossed my partner doesn't fuck up the dry/cure. he'll be doing it alone for the first time.

:tiphat:

R

Rageous8899

Looking good man. Is this a rdwc? Did you build it yourself or order a system? Id like to get my girls in a rdwc but my shit always leaks so im using one bucket per.

gh0stm0de

Goats looks really frosty. 👍

Hard to tell but it has some similarities to the sr71 pk i ran many times in mid 2000s. I am a big fan of pk and never understood why it was so underutilized in breeding compared to gdp(erkle progeny). My pk was often slightly racey at wk 9 and became a bit more spacey at wk 10. Hows smell and taste turning out?

Rageous, you should not have issues with leaks.
Look into ebb and flow fittings and hole bits. Be careful to clean the holes out with razor.

Goats

Looking good man. Is this a rdwc? Did you build it yourself or order a system? Id like to get my girls in a rdwc but my shit always leaks so im using one bucket per.

these are 4 individual dwc buckets. this was one of the kits you can find online all over. one suggestion if you are using a pre-made 4 bucket system is to upgrade you air pump. the one these kits come with is underpowered.

i like dwc, but it's a bit more work when it comes to res changes than i would prefer.

next run will be flood and drain i believe. just went out and got a new flood table and res etc. i figure changing only one reservoir as opposed to 4 will be a lot easier, and without having to rotate and maneuver the plants all over the room.

Goats

Goats looks really frosty. 👍

Hard to tell but it has some similarities to the sr71 pk i ran many times in mid 2000s. I am a big fan of pk and never understood why it was so underutilized in breeding compared to gdp(erkle progeny). My pk was often slightly racey at wk 9 and became a bit more spacey at wk 10. Hows smell and taste turning out?

Rageous, you should not have issues with leaks.
Look into ebb and flow fittings and hole bits. Be careful to clean the holes out with razor.

this plant was actually really mute compared to most through veg and the first half of flower, but has really come on in the past month or so. the dank, earthyness of the hindu is present for sure, along with the hindu's above-average stickiness. it also tastes like straight hindu, which is exactly what i was hoping for.

smoked the nicest nug from the tester branch with my partner last night and he loved it as well.

Goats

65f

65f

had to bring some stuff from the hydro store over to the grow room today, so peaked in for a second during lights off to snap a single shot.

i am sad at what the heat has done to these girls, but am still really happy with what i am seeing and have smoked already. i will certainly run this cut again during the cooler months.
i may even be doing a few more plants of this cut next round as only 2/5 of the rainbow jones seeds have peeked up from the rockwool. they are showing roots out of the bottom, so will give them a few more days before giving up on them.

anyways, here is that shot :tiphat:

picture.php

:smoweed: