What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goats Grows DWC

Goats

Great looking flowers, Goats!

thanks seedy!

i just noticed some curl in the leaves in the one pic. bit of heat stress i'm guessing. max temp for this week was 29.5 C.

trying to get through this run without having to run an ac, but we'll see. few more hot days coming this upcoming week.

Goats

day 38

got some cupping due to this PNW heatwave that is currently going on.

few purples starting to come out in the leaves. i think she'll be a colorful finisher.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:dance013:

Goats

Looking good goats! Ya got some sticky looking plants. How are they smelling?

Thanks for stopping in and the kind words.

The smell is fuely and surprisingly sweet. not as loud as I would have hoped, but I'm not complaining.

You're dead on about them being sticky too. Every time I come out of the grow room my arms are a sticky mess and I have to wash them.

Funny thing is that I get an itchy rash wherever the plants touch my skin. A stoner who is allergic to weed - who would have thought. :whee:

Yea my fiancee gets itchy too from plants touching her skin. I recommend long sleeves and rubber gloves. Once tricomes show up I use them religiously. Fyi isopropryl alcohol soaked paper towel will get rid of the resin you get on ya. I recommend 91% as it's cheap, readily available, and works great. You can use it for cleaning anything resin gets on, making qwiso, and winterizing concentrates. Really useful stuff to have around. Home depot sells cheap latex gloves in paint supply area.

One of my favorite parts is seeing how the plants change in flower with regard to smells and bud development!

Goats

46f

46f

day 46

not too much to report on. plants are starting to fade and finish up. i am guessing this will be an 8 week finish, or maybe even a few days earlier.

starting to look towards next round. have cuts of this and a lot of beans. not entirely sure what i want to do.

will likely pop fem beans. leaning towards some rainbow jones i've been holding onto for a minute.

also have some greenpoint crosses i am excited to try. would have to change things up a bit to run regs, so we'll see.

anyways, here's a few pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

starke

I know what you mean about the PNW heatwave last week. Was 93 when I left FL last Saturday and was 93 when I stepped off the plane in Seattle. WTF? Good news is Goat is in the middle of a cold snap. Frost everywhere!

Goats

so i'm quite certain that rainbow jones is on deck. i think i'll be dropping them in water this weekend sometime.

they should pop and be be set to go in when this run is harvested and dried. i will be in amsterdam starting sept 4, so my partner will be overseeing the drying and curing. gonna do a full plant hang i think. try and make the dry 7 days or more.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
dont forget before chop pics! I hate when people surprise drop hanging plant pictures out of nowhere!

Super frosty indeed. Craiglist came through! Nice to give the success stories some attention.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
you running lights through the night ? I run mine from 10 pm to 10 am. Avoided most of the summer heat that way. rarely did my temps go over 85. Then again alberta is cooler than bc. rarely does it get over 30c for outside highs in summertime.

Goats

you running lights through the night ? I run mine from 10 pm to 10 am. Avoided most of the summer heat that way. rarely did my temps go over 85. Then again alberta is cooler than bc. rarely does it get over 30c for outside highs in summertime.

Yeah, lights on is from 6-6. The highest the tent has been is 85, but this cut seems to dislike the heat. You can see the cupping.

I would like to grow this cut again during the winter and see what colors I could get out of her, considering her colorful fade even in the heat.

Thanks for stopping in again :tiphat:

Goats

said fuck it tonight and tossed a 5 pack of rainbow jones fems into a glass. realized afterwards i don't have any rockwool. i'll stop by the store sometime this weekend and grab some.

plan is to germ these, toss em in rockwool and let them sprout and then sit on the shelf for a few weeks to get established while the purple kush finishes and is harvested/dried. then they'll go in right behind them for next round.

if all 5 germ and sprout, 1 will be done via hempy bucket as i only have 4 dwc buckets and i want to try out hempy anyways.

the purple kush has been a pretty good grow, and i'm hopeful for the cured product, but i've been meaning to try out the rainbow jones for a while now and i can always get back at the guy i got the pk from for more cuts if it turns out to be that good.

picture.php

let the games begin. fingers crossed. :woohoo: