What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD cannabutter cooking temp

maxmurder

Veteran
does anyone know the best temp to simmer cannabutter for cbd?

I got a few free cbd clones last year and just threw them
in the greenhouse, quick trim them vacu sealed and into the storage.
I ran across them a month or so ago and decided to make some butter, I was taking a cbd cheebachew every day for a couple months and never noticed any response - so what the hell.

weighed up an ounce, dumped it into a small crockpot with a pound of butter and simmered for several hours.

my gf made a batch of cookies and it was amazing!

no thc cookie hangover (can't get out of bed, heavy eyes, super tired etc) and after a couple days I noticed a huge difference in pain, I gotta say easily 25% less pain (inflammation).

seriously life changing. after 18 years of growing I bought my first pound of pot, cbd pot. this pound is different than the swiss tsunami clones I grew, these aren't nearly as effective so far.

I want to get the most effect from the butter but have no clue at what temp and how long to simmer the butter. we have a thermapen for smoking meat that I can use for accurate temps but need to know temps and duration.

PDX Dopesmoker

CBD seems like it needs to cook about twice as long as THC does at any particular temperature. I've done CBD flower at 300ºF for 30min with what seemed like pretty good results.

soil margin

Veteran
CBD seems like it needs to cook about twice as long as THC does at any particular temperature. I've done CBD flower at 300ºF for 30min with what seemed like pretty good results.

When you say 30 min @ 300F you mean 30 minutes of decarb or 30 min of extraction? I'd really love to figure out out if most people decarb their CBD bud any differently than they do their THC bud.

PDX Dopesmoker

That time/temp combo is roughly what I tend to use when cooking flower in the oven for CBD edibles. If I have an extract then I tend to just use the eyeball technique for decarbing, but times/temps are generally similar to the numbers I mentioned when going for CBD.

Vannesa

Hi guys, I just want to ask if slow cooker is good for cannabuter cooking. Does anyone here using the slow cooker method?

blastfrompast

Veteran
why not extract the oil...

decarb based on bubbles then....

U can get the temps up higher during the decarb (cut ur time down tho...and watch carefully....seems to be a bit more kick to them imho) I hover over the pot with a IR gun....