What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi feminized

Good to see a fellow michigander growing Malawi I'm currently running the ltd edition sativa crosses hoping it catches on love to see some at dispensers got awhile to go b4 harvest congrats looks gr8

Texicwaste666

Malawi feminized

cool beans. I thought I was the only one doing Malawi here. You get from Ace? they have good beans.

Texicwaste666

yea, at week one and this vigorous, it will be a challenge. I might just super crop at a point a tie 'em down. With my set up and the right strains I can pull in a couple of pounds. maybe do a double scrog?

All ace grow got a thread on it mine just transplanted to finish pots only 1 wk old ill b watching this one closely never done scrog only lst and topping but from what I understand she likes to branch so u should get nice haul

Texicwaste666

Hi Dubi. i have a question about the stretch of the Malawi. From week 1 thru week 4 of photo period do they stretch 2:1 or 3:1? When do they stop stretching under a 11.5/12.5 light cycle? these are just finishing week one photo period.

Texicwaste666

Shadowsfall, I make my own scrogs out of 1" pvc and dry wall screws placed 2.5" apart. then I just net it with one string line. These things are amazing and will double your yield by keeping everything uniform. I start at about 10" to 1' above the plants so it fills faster. When I get about half full I change my light cycle to accommodate. I should have went with a 6'x4' but I used a 5'x4'. Will be challenging because this is my first Malawi grow.

Nice I seen a thread on that before works well with defoliation and lst I might have to read up on it heard great things with vertical colliseum style too haha sorta new to pure sativa so haven't dialed in yet thanks for the info tho got sumwhere to start if I go that route

Texicwaste666

Malawi report

Malawi report

it just takes a few days to fill so much with these monsters. Day of the Triffids style. The HPS adds some yellow to the CMH's.

A pile of malawi here (1).jpg

DIY drain to waste .jpg

A peek underneath.jpg

light strategy.jpg

Bay 11 x Pamana

Last edited:

Texicwaste666

i can adjust the scrog up or down, so if things get too crazy, I will just raisethe scrog and adjust, or add another 5x5 above this one.

Texicwaste666

I should not sell the Chem 91 short. They are some of the best Chem genetics available through Insane Seed Posse. These are what legends are made of, and come from some of the original parents, so between the Ace Malawi and these stinky ladies, I will have some of the best smoke around.

Hell yah looks like you got this down pat sure with Malawi you'll have your hands full.. of buds that is lol never grown chem but from looks of it u won't be disappointed

Texicwaste666

yea, they just keep filling in. every day more and more. The Chem's are coming along well to, just gotta keep the Malawi under control.

Burnwell

Just caught your Malawi grow n it looks terrific. I have one now at 12 weeks into flower and may still take a few more weeks. I started 2 zameldelica's at the same time, but they were male's unfortunately. Yer gonna love the smoke. For me, sativa's rule.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Texicwaste666,

Very nice SCROG with your Malawis :) When do you plan to switch to 12/12 ?

Texicwaste666

light cycle

light cycle

hi
Dubi, thanks for the complement. I have already switched. They just finished the first week of bloom. I'm running 11 1/2 light and 12 1/2 dark. Beautiful branching and easy to move through the scrog. Since these want 11-13 weeks for flowering, so how long should I expect them to keep stretching? I will post some new pics today. They seem to love the CNS17 plant food. They have given me absolutely no problems so far.

Texicwaste666

Burnwell, are you using scrog or stakes? What kind of medium,soil, coco or dwc? I would like to see a pic of your plants to get an idea of 12 weeks of flower, would give me an idea of what to expect. I bet your drooling to get some in a bowel.

Texicwaste666

Malawi grow update

Malawi grow update

Beginning second week of transition stage. Scrog is filling nicely. Running about 1.2 EC.

first day of second week bloom period.jpg

first day second week bloom period and not much space left.jpg

the Chem's on the lsft are pushing the Malawi into the single Chem on the right..jpg

the Malawi are attacking the lone Chem on this side of the scog.jpg

another look underneath.jpg

Last edited: