What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica in 3' X 3' Scrog?

Lights just on and watered. They were up-potted into 5 gallon pots and the Timber COB's were cranked up 7 1/2 weeks ago. I have plenty of time, no hurry, but I'm also reading that if a sativa fills the screen much past 75-80% before the flip you're going to run out of room and they are filling a new row 3 days or so. Only 2 more to go, what do you think, flip or let her go?

[

Please disregard the last post, I just re-read docs post and he suggested waiting till its mostly filled, maybe even 100%. Im getting kind of antsy...... First time Scrogger you know :tiphat:

Old Toker

Hang in there BeaverIslander....you've got this. Plants look great and you're getting quality advice. Looking forward to following your grow. Good luck man!:tiphat:

gorilla ganja

Subbed for the show.
Look's like things are progressing just fine. Be patient and let the plants do their thing.

Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge.

Peace GG

Thanks GG. I did put that Malawi outside, but under 12/12, so that'll keep me occupied until the scrog fills out. It's in the front row, far left.

As I mentioned, this is the first time I have grown this strain but there is much discussion centered around the various phenotypes. At what stage do they become noticeable so that I can determine what I have here?

Not to take away from your current grow....BUT...what all do you have growing in that greenhouse? They look very healthy. :tiphat:
It's gonna be mostly a sativa summer this year, but there are:

1 Malawi
1 Acapulco Gold
1 Super Silver Haze
2 Chronic Haze
1 Holy Grail Kush
2 Blue Berry and
1 Incredible Bulk

I'm sure most people will laugh but I was adding up how much nutrients were going to run this summer as I'm using all 15 & 20 gallon pots. It was going to be pretty expensive so I got to looking for options and found a forum with a bunch of old hippies that still use Jacks Classic All Purpose 20-20-20 for veg, and Jacks Classic Blossom Booster 10-30-20 for flower. A bucket of each is like $20 something at the on-line .com place, so those 2 buckets for less than $50 will more than likely last me a good 2 years and so far I am very satisfied with the results.
The Zamaldelicas are a special grow for me so they are getting Mills Nutes but everything seems to be doing fine.

Old Toker

View Image Here's a pic of how the "covered wagon" gets moved around and includes my security system.:biggrin:
I use to have a doberman like that. Great dog. Complete softie unless a child screamed....then wanted to eat whoever caused the issue. Rommel....still remember him fondly.:)

Between the outdoor movable grow....and the inside scrog....you should be well stocked with bud. :tiphat:

Agreed. And what is he using to pull his greenhouse around? Check out the wheels. :)
It's a 1985 golf cart I bought for $125. Of course then I had to put $1200 into new batteries and tires/wheels, and a lift kit, but I use that thing every day (except winter.) I can pull the golf cart and "covered wagon" right into the garage and close the door so I can have 12/12 whenever I want and still chase the sunshine around all day long. In the spring I can start my bigger plants outside a month earl by putting a small space heater under the plastic at night. The best part about it is everything is up off the ground so I don't need to bend down when taking care of them.

Old Toker

No offense BI....but why bother to grow inside? You definitely seem to have the outside grow plan perfected.:tiphat:

No offense BI....but why bother to grow inside? You definitely seem to have the outside grow plan perfected.:tiphat:
Yeah, it probably doesn't make much sense but I only have one small area inside and it is always packed full during the winter months. I have wanted to do a scrog for some time and this way if I screw it up I'll still have plenty of bud to get me through. If the scrog is successful I can devote that indoor space to just scrogging and continue through the winter. So... long story short, it's trial and error with a backup just in case.

So far my initial thoughts are that 2 plants under a scrog are easier to deal with than a half dozen that need training plus it is much easier on my back. Of course I'm only about 1/3 of the way through the inside grow so there's still plenty of time for things to go wrong, but I've got a good feeling about it.

Old Toker

..I'm only about 1/3 of the way through the inside grow so there's still plenty of time for things to go wrong, but I've got a good feeling about it.
Based on how well your outside plants are doing....I have a good feeling about it also. Good Luck Brother!:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts