What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
ngakpa said:
Heya -

How do you think the ACE Panama would respond to being started straight onto 12/12 under 400W? I appreciate it is not likely to be something you have tried yourself, but I have found some sativas can still perform very acceptably. The Panama looks very vigorous so I was wondering if it might be worth a shot.

Lovely stuff man :)

Namkha

High Namkha!

I havent tried it personally but i dont like to flower a sativa directly from seed. Sativas need long vegetatives to reach hormonal maturity so they can flower correctly, showing all their potential. It could be a good idea if you are flowering a mature old clone but i wont recommend it for a sativa grow from seed.

Our Panama can be grown perfectly indoors. She's very manageable from clone. I hope it helps! dubi

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
raco, thanks for posting you ace panama indoors!

I hope you enjoyed them! :wink: dubi

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hola dubi :wave:
Yes,I have some in my gallery,I have to find them and will post here :D
I took these pics yesterday...Panama Jay,my old ACE Panama male jejejej!! :wink:

G

Hola dubi and everyone, beautiful pictures of Panamainian.
Raco compadre, is the PanamaXDC made with that Panama male or was that beautiful female the reciever of DC pollen?
The one seed you sent is up, hopeing it's a female. Irie, Bud

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Budular,
Hola compadre :wink:
Here´s the result of one single seed found in the Chaman´s Red x Gold cuttings,I sent it to Chaman,he grew out this f1 hybrid:
Red/Gold x DC male

The plant looks like the Red/Gold...leaves etc,but when grown in the tropic,its much shorter than the mother,more chunky and unfortunately,inherited some of the fatal vulnerability to grey mold :badday:
Chaman says it tastes like a fine colombian with afghan undertones :D
I can only hope that the baby you have is also fathered by the same DC male.I can´t wait to see the results,be it male or female :woohoo:
I have one pic or two of the outdoor male somewhere in my gallery.
Here´s my first attempt Red/Gold x DC :D

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High budular and raco! :wave:

Chaman's Red X Gold is a different line than our Panama hybrid. I have a cut of the Chaman's cross. I harvested her past outdoor season in December. It's a very long flowering plant, quite leafy like first raco's pic. The buds are fluffy, typical tropical sativa appearance. The aroma is quite similar to a good thai, lemony and floral, but less spicy and more floral than pure typical thais.
The high is very electric, mind stimulating with almost no body effect or tolerance.

Our Panama finishes in late October with denser flowers of higher flower/leaf ratio. The high is less cerebral than Chaman's cross but more powerful and complex.

Raco, it's good to see the dominant traits in the columbian Red/Gold X Deep Chunk hybrid. ;) Deep Chunk doesn't dominates too much like in other DC hybrids i've seen. The size is compact thanks to the afghani influence, but leaf trait and overall appearance is more on the columbian side. Looks like columbian genes are very robust!

Thanks for share it friend! Have a nice day! dubi

G

Sounds primo.
The one I have going is kind of deformed. It has the seed leaves then a couple of warped twisty leaves then nothing, no apical meristem. I'm hoping it snaps out of the deformity and starts growing normal soon, I'm real curious how this one will smoke.
I'm glad the Panama was the mom. I'll keep you guys posted on how it does and if it reaches sexual maturity.
Dubi, that Panama sure looks like a winner and it finishes in time for outdoors in Ca. I wish I had an outdoor patch.
Thanks for all the great plants Dubi and Raco. Irie, Bud

C

charlie garcia

Hi Budular, Raco, Dubi and all

I always tell Raco to use his Panaman male as the Destroyer one for some hybrids. I shared with him some panaman from maybe second step of this breeding process. I will never stop thanking to good friend Greengrocer all his warm friendship and efforts to collect, maintain and study some of the panaman lines used in here. They are electric and positive as some central/southamerican strains are... enjoyfull lines. I love such effect. Its always being so hard to call them all red as differences in ages and in sources differ and we know 4 different ones!. But definatelly is a very enjoyable hybrid

BTW hope Chaman recieves soon some of these combinations as well.. In his climate they may express their best!

best
charlie

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In no time,Charlie!!
didn´t use that male yet.It´s got that STINKY MANGO SATIVA smell that keeps the house sweet jejej I mean,when I´m back home,open the door and you JUST smell it,and you KNOW that it´s got to be good jejej!! year after year lol!
And thx to GrassMan :wink: he gifted me a very nice bud of the Panama cut
double bag needed!stinks to high heaven! :woohoo:

G

Just picked up an odd lot on special, I cant wait to try some but might have too wait a little while as i am low on space again :smile: .
All the best to ace seeds/dubi!

G

That looks like a lovely harvest you have there Raco, would love to see a smoke report when its cured. Anyone ever tried growing Panama indoors?

C

charlie garcia

Hi BH,

Some spansih guys have grown them indoors with very good results although most ppl here prefer outdoors as our season climate is lovely for that. Hope other ppl can report better.

Dont know if links are allowed here but in case is possible, here is a link of a grower doing Panaman indoors so you can see some growing pics http://www.cannabiscafe.net/foros/showthread.php?t=76663&page=2

Best

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ACE Panama Red 1974 strainbase (left) and Jack Herer.Both grown from ACE cuttings by our good friend GrassMan :wink:

both are superb smoke :D