What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why was cannabis made illegal?

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
sadly the cycle continues

it was made illegal so a small percentage of privileged people could profiteer and now in its unfolding legality laws are being constructed so the same percentage of the populace can continue to profiteer.

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1. Dupont created nylon, but hemp rope was cheaper and most popular rope type.
Dupont sent in their lobbiests.
2. Henry ford introduced hemp fiber + plastic composites for body parts for their model T's
Steel industry sent in their lobbiests.
3. Then throw in the end of Alcohol prohibition.
Distillery owners sent in more lobbiests.
4. Drug companies and their lobby.
5. Then comes the race card and prejudice sponsored by our law enforcement organizations.
More BS than you can throw a stick at.

71 years later and here we are.
I now can see the light, and the end of pot prohibition, finally!

Gry

I used to want to credit the industrial forces such as DuPont and Hearst. I had a real hard time accepting that was racism. I very much wish it was not true. I think that is exactly what was behind it.
Can almost understand a Texas Schoolbook commission wanting to rewrite it all.

Last edited:

fulltimehuman

1. Dupont created nylon, but hemp rope was cheaper and most popular rope type.
Dupont sent in their lobbiests.
2. Henry ford introduced hemp fiber + plastic composites for body parts for their model T's
Steel industry sent in their lobbiests.
3. Then throw in the end of Alcohol prohibition.
Distillery owners sent in more lobbiests.
4. Drug companies and their lobby.
5. Then comes the race card and prejudice sponsored by our law enforcement organizations.
More BS than you can throw a stick at.

71 years later and here we are.
I now can see the light, and the end of pot prohibition, finally!

Also one key fact is Ford was pushing to use only Hemp alcohol as fuel for his cars. When washington and Standard Oil found out they banned Alcohol until they could legislate Fossil based fuels as THE fuel for cars.
Add into the mix cannabis prohibition and it is a one two combo knockout punch to Ford and free-enterprise.

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The list, indeed grows long.

The future is intriguing, watching to see how the re-introduction of hemp will change the future of the worlds economies, the numbers will be staggering.

Another great source for real-time info from back in the day is a book
entitled: "The Marijuana Papers", by David Solomon.
Published back in the '70's as a paperback.
Has actual reprints of congressional transcripts dating back to the '30's
detailing the quite open racist views commonplace at that time.
A dense book, not a page turner, but an excellent reference book.

SG1

Goblin Master
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agreed.
I've spoken at 2 state senate committee hearings on the subject.
I've marched in 4 pro-pot rallies carrying protest signs.
I've signed numerous petitions.
Been a NORML member for nearly 20 years.
Sent god knows how many post cards to my US Senators.
And most important?
I cast my vote to legalize recreational weed in Oregon.

I'd say I'm a choir member that needs no preaching :tiphat:

St. Phatty

Food Fuel Fiber.

There were a lot of industries that Cannabis competes with - the medical industry, the petro-chemical industry, etc.

Looks like the plan was to make this economical useful material illegal, during the 1930's.

Then to spend the next 80 years telling lies about Cannabis.

The MSM still rarely tells the truth about Cannabis - that it was once a widely prescribed medication in the US ... along with preparations of Cocaine and Opium.

idiit

Veteran
The CIA Role in Narcotics Trafficking- by Dr Stuart Jeanne Bramhall (Video)

Historian and former diplomat Peter Dale Scott coined the term Deep State to describe the shadow government that operates outside our so-called democratic institutions to service the needs of America’s wealthy elite.

According to filmmaker Scott Noble, all major Wall Street banks have engaged in laundering profits from illicit narcotics. Illegal drugs are America’s third biggest commodity, with the wealthy elite siphoning off the vast majority of drug profits. They also rake in immense profits from the prison industrial complex, a growth industry that owes its existence to the so-called War on Drugs. Wells Fargo and other Wall Street banks are major investors in the prison privatization industry.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/11/02/the-cia-role-in-narcotics-trafficking/

veterans today staff is a collection of experts from their respective fields; nuclear scientists, physics phd's, intelligence officers, etc...

^ if you bother to actually read the editors and writers credentials listed at vererans today you can verify.
Veterans Today (VT) is an online journal representing the position of members of the military and veteran community in areas of national security, geopolitical stability and domestic policy.
VT is the only independent, unaligned voice of its kind in America, accepting no financial support from any organization or individual, existing solely for news, opinion, and educational purposes.
Spanning the political spectrum, we support the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.
VT is part of the Veterans Today Network, a network of over 60 sites independently operated and owned serving the U.S. Military-Veterans Community.
VT writers and editors are veterans or proven veterans’ advocates

Featured Columnists
Alan HartAllen L RolandBob JohnsonBob NicholsDenis G. RancourtDr Stuart Jeanne ..Ed MattsonF. William EngdahlFranklin LambGilad AtzmonGordon DuffHardy StoneJack HeartJack Speer-WilliamsJim FetzerJim W. DeanJonas E. AlexisKevin BarrettMichael FarrellMichael ShrimptonPreston James, Ph.DRobert O'DowdRobert RosebrockSami Jamil JadallahStephen LendmanStew WebbStuart LittlewoodZabiullah Rashidi

^ each one of the above has a link to the person's credentials. go to the below listed link and see for yourself.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/contact/about-us/

there is a nwo top 1% elite.

there are factions within the nwo cabal. rockefellers, bush, rothschields, israel zionists.

they run this world except for a few countries . they make money anywhere they can including sex trafficking of children and drugs.

if you compete with them they take you out. if you comply with them they protect you.

cannabis can be manufactured anywhere in the world. the global nwo wants cannabis illegal so they have high profits and a monopoly on cannabis mfg. and distribution and dispersal of profits.

^^ this is why cannabis is illegal. this is why gypsy and kanga are in jail.

idiit

Veteran
the us government is the largest illegal drug cartel in the world. they have been doing this for a very long time. the us government is not america's government. they are part a global criminal cabal aka nwo.

The fact of the matter is that the US government has always managed large portions of the illicit, international drug business, and was doing so long before the CIA came into existence.

The story of the CIA’s drug empire is the biggest cover-up in American history – even though the basic facts are available in books like Al McCoy’s The Politics of Heroin in Southeast Asia and Richard M. Gibson’s The Secret Army.

^ couple of little snippets. great, relatively short article with lots of links to source material.

link

In the book THE ILLUMINATI FORMULA...

It is mentioned that cannabis is the only drug that can block mind control.

Take it for what you will.
I'm a believer.

I believe the plant was suppressed for many reasons and this reason is still commonly hidden from people, even though it is hidden right out in open sight .

Little scientifically is known about cannabinoids and there wide ranging effects within the human mind and consciousness . Or is this information being kept from the public ? Cannabinoids and the frequencies created by them within the mind may have a deep effect on the pineal gland itself .Even if not , the clarity of insight that cannabis can offer is enough on its own to see through the smoke :)