What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Some questions about RAW nutrients???

Sir_Syzurp

So I have seen this RAW Solubles company spring up in like 3 different shops I visit... its all powder form nutrients. Has anyone used this line yet? If so how does it compare to the other "organic" lines? They have yucca, humic acid, silica, and kelp that I am interested in using if they are worth the price tag.

Snow Crash

Veteran
The reason you're seeing it in all your shops is because NPK is practically giving away those (awesome) displays to any store that wants one.

NPK has been around for a little bit. Sunlight Supply (a major national distributor) is carrying them which makes them much more available to a hydro store. Other brands have a hard time getting picked up because GH and Botanicare have such a strangle hold, but these guys made it through.

I haven't used the line. They are super stingy on samples of the RAW and won't give me a chance to try it without buying any of it. They did hook up some of their liquid products though so I'll be happy to give that a try someday.

What I can say about NPK RAW; After 3 months in 15 retail stores, including an online store, the first person to purchase the entire line was 5 days ago... Outside of that the Silica is the only product people seem to be interested in. Really, not popular, and not much word of mouth around where I am on them. Nothing bad against the product and I think with the right exposure and price adjustments they are as good as anything else.

Sir_Syzurp

Snow, do you run a chain of stores?

I like the fact that the products are straight to the point of what you are looking for individually. The product is a bit pricey, but it seems "dense" in the sense that for every oz of powder you can make 100 gallons of nutrient fluid.

I too wish they would give out some samples, the stores I have been in all have been pretty adamant about not having sample packs.

Yesca73

They wouldn't give me any samples at the SF expo
They did give me a little card to give to my local hydro store and they would send out a sample of one of there products.
I was thinking their yucca or silica

Snow Crash

Veteran
Snow, do you run a chain of stores?

I like the fact that the products are straight to the point of what you are looking for individually. The product is a bit pricey, but it seems "dense" in the sense that for every oz of powder you can make 100 gallons of nutrient fluid.

I too wish they would give out some samples, the stores I have been in all have been pretty adamant about not having sample packs.

I wouldn't say that I "run a chain" but I might have something do with with a link or two :tiphat:
Definitely not here to schlep product. I was a member here (and a customer where I earn my honest living now) before getting set up where I am today in the industry.

loveOG

They wouldn't give me any samples at the SF expo
They did give me a little card to give to my local hydro store and they would send out a sample of one of there products.
I was thinking their yucca or silica

they gave out vouchers for the 2 oz packet. The yucca was excluded due to its concentration. The 2 oz pack makes 800 gallons.

audiohi

Veteran
I just picked up a some of the line. I like the idea of spoon feeding. I'm also quite interested in experimenting with the humid acid/sea kelp, amino acid, and b vitamins. I wish I had been keeping better records in the past, but moving forward I will. It'll be a good experiment regardless.

I feel like that guy Harley Smith that works with RAW is pretty legit. He shares his knowledge rather freely.

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
I have some plants on the 0-0-50 RAW.. Its something I'm looking at as a booster. So far so good, I'll post some feedback soon.

audiohi

Veteran
I see they've just come out with a bloom base formula. I may try that when I run out of Maxibloom depending on the price that it works out to

Granger2

Veteran
I bought the Yucca pwd. Cheap. I've used it as an additive and wetting agent. Seemed to work well. -granger

I received samples of their grow and bloom. Only used the grow, didn't like the numbers on the bloom. Grow formula worked nicely, only problem is the price at the hydro store was $85. I am used to the maxibloom and foliage pro prices, I'm trying to work my way down in price not up. Good fertilizer though, Harley knows his stuff. They have a hour long seminar about the raw line on youtube. Check it out. Even if you don't pick up the nutes, there is still a lot of stuff to learn.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
i noticed on the silica it says its derived from Diatoms. do u guys think its Diatomaceous earth? i will be using a shitload of DE in my soil mix for next year after eclipse420 schooled me on it.

frostqueen

Bump.

The thing that appeals to me about this line is that it has basically every component that applies to optimum plant health; all are separated and offered in a pure concentrated form. You can hardly fault a product when it is in pure form; the real draw here for advanced growers is the ability to custom-tailor feeding programs.

RAW has a base nutrient program; the all in one nute system with a few added extras. Then there are individual component products that can be used per their schedule to get the same results as the all in one, or you can fine tune the individual levels for whatever specific needs you have.

I'm not plugging this. Haven't even tried it yet. Just thinking that this seems like a highly adaptable nutrient system, a great mix of chem and organics. And frankly, the price is cheap as hell compared to the Canna nutes I've been running. Laughing at you penny-wise pound-foolish folks out there. This is 1/4 the price of Canna. My quality has definitely been off the hook with Canna, but... damn.

I'm going to run some GGlue#4s in a side by side using RAW's all in one exactly as per their schedule. I'll post results.

Also, Harley really is a kick. Watch his videos. I actually took notes. He specifically describes what each component does and when it is needed, and frankly that right there is some priceless education. Watch it even if you don't use the products.

The only downside is that the videos were apparently shot on a construction site. Really really sad sound job.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Nice bump frostqueen! im using the silica,yucca and kelp and i love these products. i also like the fact that its so concentrated. i have incorparated it into my maxi grow/bloom,floralicious + schedule and so far im loving it. i agree the video on youtube with harley is priceless. i also took notes of the educational videos that harley has on youtube.

frostqueen

Nice bump frostqueen! im using the silica,yucca and kelp and i love these products. i also like the fact that its so concentrated. i have incorparated it into my maxi grow/bloom,floralicious + schedule and so far im loving it. i agree the video on youtube with harley is priceless. i also took notes of the educational videos that harley has on youtube.

Yeah, the component products seem to work great as stand alones for sure. Just ordered the silica, yucca, kelp and ominA. I read the recipe book on their site for various things like root growth, veg booster, stress reducer and similar and really want to give those a try.

I've got my side by side tests going now, testing on GG#4 and another strain of mine in straight ProMix HP. They will be in veg for another 10 days or so, but so far look great. I'm doing the 'all in one' veg and bloom and adding P and K and a few other things - following their feed schedule exactly for the trial run.

I might try using all of the individual components as per schedule next run (instead of the 'all in one') if this one goes well, although I'm pretty sure they are identical. I'll have to look at the listed weights; that should confirm it.

One thing in the vids that really caught my attention was the concept of using calcium in conjunction with L-amino acids for increased uptake. I wonder if I've been getting enough calcium, so this side-by-side will tell me.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Stuff works great! Very soluble. Awesome for correcting individual deficiencies. Didn't care for omina in my hydro systems as a nitrogen boost, but thats ok. Was curious about the new perfect grower line, seemed similar. But the rep on here doesn't understand what i am saying so not sure im gonna give it a go. Not sure there is enough in these nutrients for using them solely in my hydro system but the "all in one" works great in any of the ammended soils on the market today.

Latest posts

Latest posts