What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lecithin

St3ve

Its a good questions qaxx... pay no mind to blastfrompast and the barely helpful response.

Lecithin is first and foremost used in recipes for its ability to emulsify. As in, keep everything in the recipe suspended and well mixed.. making it crucial for balancing the doses in edibles. The glycerol and other fatty acids present in Lecithin is what binds to the THC (aiding in digestion) which is why it appears to make it stronger. Its not actually making the THC stronger, its just making your body digest a little more of it, which makes the over all effect stronger.

The big however, is that it only aids digestion. Unfortunately that doesn't translate to smoking.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Its a good questions qaxx... pay no mind to blastfrompast and the barely helpful response.

My take on it was WHY would you want to smoke it...honestly...mebbe i'm just getting old but come on...he/she was asking a pretty simple question about smoking an emulsifier....

What about smoking the coconut oil too...?

Sometimes a short quick answer is easier....

Kinda like people who swear they get higher smoking decarbed pot...all cause they read a post about making BUTTER..

Honestly people this is how people start smoking Soy Lethecin claiming it gets them high :p

St3ve

My take on it was WHY would you want to smoke it...honestly...mebbe i'm just getting old but come on...he/she was asking a pretty simple question about smoking an emulsifier....

What about smoking the coconut oil too...?

Sometimes a short quick answer is easier....

Kinda like people who swear they get higher smoking decarbed pot...all cause they read a post about making BUTTER..

Honestly people this is how people start smoking Soy Lethecin claiming it gets them high :p

if you spent as much time being polite/helpful as you do being a smart ass you might actually make the board a better place.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was just wondering if it would be possible to get the extra potency that lecithin supposedly provides by smoking, not just eating, it. Lecithin is a precursor to the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and helps speed the delivery of chemicals across the blood/brain barrier. I guess my question is: can you take advantage of the boost that lecithin provides in any way other then ingesting it?

I've taken lecithin as a dietary supplement off and on for years. It definitely seems to potentiate drugs like piracetam. I haven't noticed any difference in highs with weed, but I never tested it that way. I wonder if lecithin taken orally can potentiate the effects of smoked or vaped weed.

I hadn't taken any in a while, so I tried an experiment tonight. I took 1 heaping tablespoon of lecithin with a meal, then I vaporized some C99 from the new harvest about an hour later.

I am so completely and utterly wasted right now. Seriously. I didn't see the flaw in my plan until it was too late. I need to do the same experiment with a measured amount of bud, like 0.1 or 0.2 grams, then try the same amount without lecithin on a different night.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
bump , bout to make butter, whats the concensus ? make butter, then just add lecithin granules to each batch of butter when i melt for a bag of brownie mix? i cant imagine making anything more potent than my regular way but ill give it a shot

Latest posts

Latest posts