What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Game of Thrones...

T

toughmudderdave

So, we're about to wrap up Season 2 of a most excellent series. Not too many series draw me in, but this one most certainly did. It pains me to think we're going to have to wait almost another year for Season 3.

Excellent story line...full of twists, turns, and surprises. Very good character portrayals by the cast. Well worth watching IMHO.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
I gotta read the books because I can't understand how all of a sudden, The Hound just decides that killing isn't his bag anymore and decides to high-tail it to more pleasant climes. Bitch.

As for season 1 being better than 2, it's a series. Sure there was too much build up but I think it came together nicely in the end. Holy shit, as fine and sexy as Danaerys is, I was SICK AND TIRED of her and her storyline. LOL!

greenpinky

There both sick. Can't belive they killed off sean bean in the first season. He was on of my fav.. but the midget dude its my fav now....sick series.. download the episodes on expressfiles.com

Awesome series, season 2 seemed to go by way to fast. At least true blood and curb your enthusiasm will be on soon to hold me over till walking dead, then back to GoT lol.

Also the hound hasnt lost his taste for killing, he just has a fear of fire ever since his brother(the mountain) burned his face half way off when he was a kid.

Meraxes

Veteran
fire is the hounds achilles heel, he's had enough of it since his brother, the mountain, shoved his face into hot embers as a child, all over a toy. he saw the wildfire and something just clicked off. shows the depth of characters that GRRM creates. read the books. i did years ago and am still convinced he's the modern day tolkien. check out the wiki of ice and fire, gives you histories of the houses going back even before Aegon the conquerer

Meraxes

Veteran
yes season finale next sunday. the wildfire scene was more than i could of asked for with their budget. i was for making it a movie series like rings but Grrm hasnt finished the 6 and 7th book(out of 7)

Meraxes

Veteran
you figure they gave movie level budget to Band of Brothers, they might need to do the same here.

prune

Veteran
yes season finale next sunday. the wildfire scene was more than i could of asked for with their budget.

Yes, the budget can be a problem at times, i had to smile at the "cast of dozens" during the assault scenes...

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Awesome series, season 2 seemed to go by way to fast. At least true blood and curb your enthusiasm will be on soon to hold me over till walking dead, then back to GoT lol.

Also the hound hasnt lost his taste for killing, he just has a fear of fire ever since his brother(the mountain) burned his face half way off when he was a kid.

fire is the hounds achilles heel, he's had enough of it since his brother, the mountain, shoved his face into hot embers as a child, all over a toy. he saw the wildfire and something just clicked off. shows the depth of characters that GRRM creates. read the books. i did years ago and am still convinced he's the modern day tolkien. check out the wiki of ice and fire, gives you histories of the houses going back even before Aegon the conquerer

Quite astute observations! I didn't make that connection!

Meraxes

Veteran
if you fine folks dont want to wait till next season, pick up "A Storm of Swords" 3rd book in the "A song of Ice and fire" series. but try to read the first 2, theres so much you miss. technically i trolled there, but i'm happy to promote the greatest writer of our modern time. enjoy.....

T

toughmudderdave

I mentioned that very same thing in a post episode discussion. It'll be interesting to see where "The Hound" ends up in Season 3 after his "Fuck the King" statement, yes?

T

toughmudderdave

i did years ago and am still convinced he's the modern day tolkien. check out the wiki of ice and fire, gives you histories of the houses going back even before Aegon the conquerer

I am beginning to see the validity here my friend. I've been reading Tolkien since 1969. What sets a "master apart from simply an author (IMO) is one that can create "worlds". Tolkien, Herbert, and Asimov pulled it off. Martin has certainly captured my attention.

Meraxes

Veteran
its amusing, in the book he says "Bugger the kings hand, and bugger the king" thanks hbo for toning it down, ha!

T

toughmudderdave

And to throw another "wrench" into the werx...Seamaiden, myself, and the kids have had more than a few discussions about "where" this story transpires. I'm of the opinion that this story doesn't take place on "Sol 3"...Why? Winters and summers that last for years on end. That leads me to suspect a hotter star and a planet in a much wider orbit.