What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bud growing on leaf

Rattman

Hello all, I have a mandala plant that is 5 weeks into flower and I noticed a bud growing on a leaf(sucker leaf) where they all join together. I have been growing a long time and never seen this before. Plant is from the safari mix and is one of the best looking plants in my grow. Does anyone know what this is? Its not a mute as its about 6' tall. I'm growing indoors in soil(organic) with 1000hps. I dont have pics.

Rattman

I haven't figured out how to get pics on the computer. I'm working on it though. I try not to get the wife to involved as she freaks out way to easy. lol I just learned to upload off my phone.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I remember an oooold HT issue where Kyle Kushman had a picture of the same thing, .. IIRC, he said something about it being evidence that the plant is in super-hyper-mega-overdrive-peak-growing-mode.

Who knows.

Rattman

Pics didnt come out good because the hps is on. I will try it before it comes on tomorrow. I must say this is one of the best looking plants I have ever grown.

O

oneeyewilly

ive seen it twice before tho i forget what strain it was,
there was 3-4calyxs coming out the point where the fan leaf blades meet

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seen it once on a Mandala strain i grew as well, speed queen was it.... i think ? Hard to remember by now, i ran several from him.:bongsmi:
Seen lots of pictures too by now, would be cool if you posted one up.
Oh yeah, SMOKE IT !!!

Rattman

I have two mandala plants going and they are both very tall, but the one with the growth(rosetta as trichy called it) has buds double the size of the other. Maybe even triple. I will try tomorrow to get some pics.

Rattman

I cant get any pics. Everyone I try doesnt come out well. Hairs are starting to turn brown and I now noticed a bananna growing out of it also.

Laventille

picture.php

I have my doubts about Kyle Kushman's theory.
This leaf was taken from an otherwise unremarkable specimen. Certainly not a plant that was giving it's all.

Last edited:

nickman

Veteran
i have the same thing happening on a bunch of fan leaves on my uber kush plant...

1 of them has and the other 2 dont ...

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Strange isn't it, my indica does it all the time

EVEN FREAKIER, I MANAGED TO GET A FLOWERING LEAF TO PUT OUT ROOTS

picture.php

Last edited:

Dudesome

Veteran
holy shit man you should clone it..... You cant imagine how bushy this shit will turn out if you let it reveg for say 1.5 months maybe 2....

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Is it passed on through cloning then High Country, or do you get this when you run from seed?

This plant does it all the time, I've had it for 12 years or so. It is now clone only, originally from seed. A rock solid indica, the best I've had. I recently reversed it with colloidal siver. The seed produced was viable and looks like it will display exactly the same traits. I love this plant, it is so stable, never hermies, no matter how much you stress it..........High Country Indica.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I'd clone it, or maybe even isolate her and CS her for a fem seed run.

The last one I had many moons ago, made some absolutely magnificent plants and killer bud. I was able to run her genetics for several cycles. I have kicked myself in the ass for never doing a seed run of her too. I'd almost swap my left nut for another like her.

I have drooled over my grow logs of all the offspring from that seed for years. She was the very first plant I ever had that was 100% in every aspect. Cloning her was so easy too like High Country said, even the leaves will take root. Back then I didn't even know much about cloning and was able to get near 100% strike rate from her cuttings.

If you don't get a clone, you will cuss yourself forever.

Latest posts

Latest posts