What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sunnydog's 2000w Verticle,Organic,Auto-watered, SOG Tent!

Sleepy

Veteran
very nice!!

unwanted guests are a good test of ones' resolve and ingenuity!!

some luck helps, too!

good show!

Ryu

Cheers for the info on the Tropf gizmos Sunnydog, i'm guessing nutes would build up pretty fast in them. Like the idea of backup and then hand feeding when they need to eat.

That photo at top middle of your last post is obscene, please post another from the same spot before you chop. Hard to imagine your carbon scrubber can handle that dense air man, can it?

Respect

D

drdee

Great shots Sunnydog,
I've used wicks successfully and I'd imagine that they work on the same principal as your little bulb waterers. As soon as the soil dries enough, the water is then sucked up the wick into the dry soil. I'm currently setting up my clone Mommas with wicks.

...and I didn't think you were being a smart ass on my edit question. It was a noob question. I'm still getting my sea legs here. I have one post over on a political thread where the damn edit button does not appear. And that's the one I wanted to edit since I double posted a link. Go figure.

I'm getting all inspired to go vertical. Thanks for sharing your grow with us.
Dee

Last edited:

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
very nice!!

unwanted guests are a good test of ones' resolve and ingenuity!!

some luck helps, too!

good show!
well said!
Cheers for the info on the Tropf gizmos Sunnydog, i'm guessing nutes would build up pretty fast in them. Like the idea of backup and then hand feeding when they need to eat.

That photo at top middle of your last post is obscene, please post another from the same spot before you chop. Hard to imagine your carbon scrubber can handle that dense air man, can it?

Respect
scrubber kicks ass!
Great shots Sunnydog,
I've used wicks successfully and I'd imagine that they work on the same principal as your little bulb waterers. As soon as the soil dries enough, the water is then sucked up the wick into the dry soil. I'm currently setting up my clone Mommas with wicks.

...and I didn't think you were being a smart ass on my edit question. It was a noob question. I'm still getting my sea legs here. I have one post over on a political thread where the damn edit button does not appear. And that's the one I wanted to edit since I double posted a link. Go figure.

I'm getting all inspired to go vertical. Thanks for sharing your grow with us.
Dee

Thanks DD, actually the bulb is just a sensor, the water drips through a hose.
I posted a web link at the beginning of the thread which explains it better than I can.

SD:joint:

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Small update:

Small update:

Took some kinda late clones off of my SER. Chronics the other day,
Pinched off all the little buds, let 'em dry, smoked 'em this morning.
I think this will be VERY GOOD weed.
And will yield quite nicely, also!

D

drdee

Sunnydog,
Very cool man. I just did the same thing with one of my plants. Got nice and high and made me hop[eful for the final product. Hope we're both right.
Peace,
Dee

J

Joe Budden

Nice growing Sunny i hope you smash 4 pounds!!! few questions, what height did you start flower at? how close can you get to your lights before burn? do you think a screen around the plants would have helped you out, or is everything fine without? also, do you rotate your plants or just pull branches towards the lights?

Sorry for all the questions but i just love vertical setups, cant get enough of em. And i fully agree with the previous poster about needing a vertical growing section on IC!! Get pm'n admins guys!! oh whats your humidity like?

Best of luck for this grow, its rockin
JB

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Nice growing Sunny i hope you smash 4 pounds!!! few questions, what height did you start flower at? how close can you get to your lights before burn? do you think a screen around the plants would have helped you out, or is everything fine without? also, do you rotate your plants or just pull branches towards the lights?

Sorry for all the questions but i just love vertical setups, cant get enough of em. And i fully agree with the previous poster about needing a vertical growing section on IC!! Get pm'n admins guys!! oh whats your humidity like?

Best of luck for this grow, its rockin
JB

Thanks for your enthusiasm! I needed it this morning.
1- about 10-12 in ,I think
2- 6"-12" from lights, cooltubes make this possible
3- Don't need a screen.Would just be a PITA and not necessary.Plants grow up, not towards the light, it would be easier if they did!
4- Don't need to rotate, they do just fine!
5- Hum. and temps are perfect. I use lots of air.

J

Joe Budden

Very very interesting 6" from your 1Ks, this has giving me allot to think about, ive been thinking about setting up like this for a while now, but I would have to use 600s is your cooltubes setup like elblastido? would it be possible to modify your cooltube setup and add another? just askin as im at the drawing board for my next setup, your doing such a great job, 360o of bud, I LOVE it!
JB

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Very very interesting 6" from your 1Ks, this has giving me allot to think about, ive been thinking about setting up like this for a while now, but I would have to use 600s is your cooltubes setup like elblastido? would it be possible to modify your cooltube setup and add another? just askin as im at the drawing board for my next setup, your doing such a great job, 360o of bud, I LOVE it!
JB

600s would work FINE. I might try to squeeze 3 in, though.
I try to keep 'em a bit farther than 6" that is as close as I let them get.
The farther away, the bigger the circle, the more herb!!!:yoinks:

Also, had to trim some metal from tube ends with sawzall.

L

Lilly456

What a fun grow, always nice to see some great shit happening.Best of luck, looks great, Chaco.:joint::joint:

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
All going extremely well, day 53. I,ll probably go 65-70, and then maybe 2 more to finish up the small stuff.
Wish my whole tent was filled with Chronic and Double Dutch.

Tony Danza

This grow's got me thinking dirty thoughts about getting my 400 and 600 together for some kind of inverted cone action..like 1 gallons on the bottom around the 4 and 2 gallons around the 6 like a foot higher. Ive seen a few vert grows on here, but this is the first one that makes it seem so easy...thank you for that.

Did I see correctly that you have your scrubber on the bottom of the light stack? I've had it in my head that the scrubber had to be on the top cuz, you know, heat rises. But I guess if you pull enough air through, it doesn't doesn't matter where heat wants to go. Does this also mean that your intakes are in the top of your garden instead of the bottom?

Can you adjust the dryness tolerance on those watering devices? They look like they would make coco really easy, but coco doesn't like to get very dry.....

cool grow

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
This grow's got me thinking dirty thoughts about getting my 400 and 600 together for some kind of inverted cone action..like 1 gallons on the bottom around the 4 and 2 gallons around the 6 like a foot higher. Ive seen a few vert grows on here, but this is the first one that makes it seem so easy...thank you for that.

Did I see correctly that you have your scrubber on the bottom of the light stack? I've had it in my head that the scrubber had to be on the top cuz, you know, heat rises. But I guess if you pull enough air through, it doesn't doesn't matter where heat wants to go. Does this also mean that your intakes are in the top of your garden instead of the bottom?

Can you adjust the dryness tolerance on those watering devices? They look like they would make coco really easy, but coco doesn't like to get very dry.....

cool grow
but this is the first one that makes it seem so easy...thank you for that.
Your welcome, thank you!

Yes ,it is air gets sucked through, with an 8" vortex it doesn't matter.
I use two of the top ports for passive airflow, and a 6" vortex blowing in.

They are quite adjustable, I could not do this without them!!!
I think some others are using them with Co-Co.

Thanks for stopping by!

Latest posts

Latest posts