What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sunnydog's 2000w Verticle,Organic,Auto-watered, SOG Tent!

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
very nice. i saved your pics, i love a nice tent setup.

i recently bought two more tents, and turned them into a recirculating bucket system.

I love upgrading, i just dont have the stones to convert to vertical.
:joint::joint::joint:

Very nice man, verrrry nice. Do you have a dehumidifier or do you not need one running the dual fans? Rep for your use of space man, you're giving me ideas...... mwahahaha!

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
very nice. i saved your pics, i love a nice tent setup.

i recently bought two more tents, and turned them into a recirculating bucket system.

I love upgrading, i just dont have the stones to convert to vertical.
:joint::joint::joint:
Thank You.
How many watts are you running?
Won't work with the DWC thing(no problem with Co-Co, though!,:wink:) but,think about this.....If you installed ONE SHELF going around the walls of you tent,a bit higher than the top of your pots, you will DOUBLE your tent capacity!!!!
No balls needed!!!!
Thanks again!!!

SD :joint:

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Very nice man, verrrry nice. Do you have a dehumidifier or do you not need one running the dual fans? Rep for your use of space man, you're giving me ideas...... mwahahaha!
Thanks!
No, do not need a dehum.
Lots of air does a nice job.
Only improvement I would make at this point (can't do in this place) would be to incorporate this;
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=71591
into the design so I could gas it, for now,tons of fresh air will have to do!

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Thank You.
How many watts are you running?
Won't work with the DWC thing(no problem with Co-Co, though!,:wink:) but,think about this.....If you installed ONE SHELF going around the walls of you tent,a bit higher than the top of your pots, you will DOUBLE your tent capacity!!!!
No balls needed!!!!
Thanks again!!!

The tents are Homebox XL's (just under 4'x4') one is 600w hps, the other is a 250w hps and a 250 mh. I would prefer (2) 1000w, but you know how that goes.

One shelf would be nice, but then i gotta worry about plumbing. I grow bushes, so the tents are not as empty as they look in the setup pictures.

oh yeah, it could be a DWC setup, but it is actually 5gal coco buckets

I have a homebox xs (slightly smaller than 2'x2'x4'tall), and a bake-a-round; neither are being used right now. I will probably play with the small tent vertical first, then expand.

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
All back up and getting Huge!

All back up and getting Huge!

All back up and getting Huge!:yoinks:
Finally managed to get my pix uploaded, had to use mozilla.

Some Double Dutch

SD:joint:

jtk707

I hate to say that im glad you had to take it apart because i got to see exactly how it was constructed . Hope the unwanted guest thing went ok . good luck and thanx for the good pics and info:joint::abduct:

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Great set-up, how are the 2gal pots working for you? Thought about using 3 gals to get bigger roots?
They seem to be doing Ok, the plants on the floor and the CM on the front shelf are now in 5gals. since re-assembly.
For next season, I am thinking about leaving out one row of shelves and going with 5s all around.

Ryu

nice sunnydog, top use of space.

Do those Tropf watering devices really cover all the soil in a 5 gallon plant pot? Also, how far do they actually pull water upwards?

Only asking as I tried a small variant of this and failed to moisten more than a tennis ball or so of soil. Obviously by the look of your forest, you don't have this problem.

Thanks for the refreshing plan of attack :)

Barnt

I also have a question about those watering devices. It sounds like they turn themselves on and off based on the moisture of the soil, how does this work with feeding? Do you just have a reservoir that you change out weekly as the nutes change?

2ezy

Good to see another fellow vert grower!

IC needs it's own Vertical growing sub forum. It's still is a very underrated way to grow.

I grow 2 lots of 8 plants around a single 600w hps, hence making a figure 8 around the two lights, total 16 plants.

Grown to about 3-4 ft and mixed varieties. I usually get between 2-4 oz per plant depending on strain. Biggest total dry yield so far was 58oz, smallest 34oz..

Keep up the good work Sunny!

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Good to see another fellow vert grower!

IC needs it's own Vertical growing sub forum. It's still is a very underrated way to grow.

I grow 2 lots of 8 plants around a single 600w hps, hence making a figure 8 around the two lights, total 16 plants.

Grown to about 3-4 ft and mixed varieties. I usually get between 2-4 oz per plant depending on strain. Biggest total dry yield so far was 58oz, smallest 34oz..

Keep up the good work Sunny!

58 is awesome!
I agree a vert subform would be cool.

D

drdee

Hi Sunnydog,
Hey on that timer you linked too on Hempcats thread...it times ON time to 1 second and off time to 1 minute.

"The ART-DNe has a user adjustable on time of 1 second to 60 minutes and an off time of 1 minute to 8 hours."

I thought I'd post this response on one of your thread rather then continueing to highjack Hempcats thread. This way I get to check out your gjrow which sounds interesting. I'm planning a vertical grow soon so I'm quite interested.
Peace,
Dee

PS: Do you know how to edit posts once their posted?

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Do those Tropf watering devices really cover all the soil in a 5 gallon plant pot? Also, how far do they actually pull water upwards?
Yes, they cover 5gal no problem, and no, they DO NOT pull water upwards, res. MUST BE HIGHER (I think about 6 in min.) than emitters.

I also have a question about those watering devices. It sounds like they turn themselves on and off based on the moisture of the soil, how does this work with feeding? Do you just have a reservoir that you change out weekly as the nutes change?
Yes,they turn themselves on and off based on the moisture of the soil.As I grow organically, I use only water to water with,nutes are in the soil. Although I believe people run them with nutes, also.

Hi Sunnydog,
Hey on that timer you linked too on Hempcats thread...it times ON time to 1 second and off time to 1 minute.

"The ART-DNe has a user adjustable on time of 1 second to 60 minutes and an off time of 1 minute to 8 hours."

I thought I'd post this response on one of your thread rather then continueing to highjack Hempcats thread. This way I get to check out your gjrow which sounds interesting. I'm planning a vertical grow soon so I'm quite interested.
Peace,
Dee

PS: Do you know how to edit posts once their posted?
Cool.:joint:.
I have one and did not know that.
Use the edit button? (not trying to be a smart-ass) lower right hand corner of your post window.

Sorry for not posting any recent pics, it is difficult to get good pics of, as I have very little room in the room!
However, all is going VERY well!
Plants are flowering vigorously!

Critical mass is filling out nicely. S T R E T C H Y as hell,though!

Bogglegum is coming around for final glide pattern, this one's done around 47 days.

Kusharella is kicking ass, as always!

Sugaree (possibly my favorite herb of all time, so far!)
coming along nicely!

Chronic- These are filling in outrageously! At least one of these will be a keeper.
Had to take some late clones, as I realized I had none.

Dj BB- These are weird.... one is like huge, but will yield miserably.
one is kinda average, and one is nicely sized and proportioned and looks as though it will yield quite nicely.
Odd aromas, though.
Kinda "weedy" and "greenish" with a bit of sweet.

Gonzo 1 got binned cause of some early hermi balls.
I probably could have plucked them off and all would have been OK, but in a high density, low access environment, I did not want to be bothered,as I had plenty to fill in with.