What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

People do not die from cannabis use!

I've been reading a lot of stories lately about people dying cus they smoke weed. This one person says smoke weed once and you're gonna have 3x higher chances of dying from cardiovascular problems or some shit like that. Now let me ask is this all bullshit, like the psa commercials from my childhood? I've been smoking weed for probably 10 years now high blood pressure runs in my family I'm out of shape as fuck but my blood pressure is and has always been in the normal range or good. Today I read this article that said this 20 something guy from new jersey was found dead on his bedroom door. He died of a heart arythmnia and the medical examiner said he could no way associate marijuana with his death, he couldn't say weed killed him. His parents found 2 different medical jars in his room with one saying 28% n the other 24%. They're on the war path saying weed killed him n all but he had family history of arythmnia n idk just babbling like I do. I got this nice purple stuff from my cousin n it really makes me talk n think. I like it a lot haha but let me ask your opinions on it did I think it's all phewy.

igrowone

Veteran
well, i remember this news flash from maybe 15 years ago
some girls did some ecstasy, but it didn't agree with one of them
she started to have convulsions
her friends 'knowing' that cannabis was good for convulsions, reached for the herb as the cure
but their technique was a bit crude, forced dry weed down her throat
she died from mechanical obstruction of her airway
cause of death? Marijuana according to the coroner
me thinks a less than accurate description

herbgreen

Veteran
Remember the eggs frying...This, is your brain on drugs....

Youre Fried man

Now we know cannabinoids protect brain cells...

https://www.endoca.com/blog/top-stories/seven-surprising-ways-cannabis-can-protect-brain/

And helps lungs open up helps asthma patients....

"Recent studies demonstrated significant, acute bronchi-dilation"(1970s)

https://www.medicalmarijuana.com/medical-marijuana-treatments-cannabis-uses/asthma-and-cannabis/

"Cannabis is a vasodilator, said Defilice, meaning it expands blood vessels, rather than vasoconstrictor like cigarette smoke which constricts vessels and that when cannabis is smoked through water pipes, bongs or hookahs, most harmful gassess and 90 per cent of tar are filtered out. Defilice said longterm use by residents in Puerto Rico and India actually show a decrease in incidents of emphysema and lung disease."

http://www.drugsense.org/mcwilliams/www.marijuanamagazine.com/toc/070198-2.htm

And they told us once that marijuana resin...RESIN built up inside the brain receptors

Maybe something is in there but they made it seem like pipe resin

They are gonna revert back to every reefer madness tactic they got...Its Last Gasp Time

Check it out the government has known all along its theraputic value and low risk

We will see more ads like this in the near future It sucks because people repeat that crap

Thank-God for the Inter-web....It takes 5 seconds to get documented proof of reality!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoke up, newbie, nobody ever died from it.

Supposedly a teen did today. Saw headlines..didn't read the article. Maybe I was dreaming...was scanning new bytes and saw something regarding teen.

Last edited:

herbgreen

Veteran
Good bloodpressure Quote

"Blood Pressure:
Early studies on rats bred for high blood pressure[xviii] found that THC reduced levels of blood pressure[xix][xx], and that tolerance developed to this effect[xxi]. Mechoulam[xxii] predicted in 1978 "Numerous synthetic cannabinoids are currently being investigated as analgetics and as sedative-relaxants." Zaugg & Kyncl[xxiii] reported "hydroxyacetyl and gamma-hydroxybutyryl (cannabinol) derivatives were potent antihypertensive agents (minimum effective dose, 3-5 mg/kg, orally) of the same order of activity as the highly CNS-active N-propargyl derivatives"

https://www.420magazine.com/forums/neuroprotectant/175719-cardiovascular-effects-cannabis.html

Rick Simpson also said that after using cannabis oil for a while he now longer required the bloodpressure meds he was taking.........

herbgreen

Veteran
I dont see this story on google

Lots of sad stories of people being turned away for lung transplants due to thc in their systme and dying

I know the Ad youre reffering to about 3x more likely cardiovascular issues yadda yaddda

Heard that one... soon to be repeated over and over by concerned mothers and high school teachers everywhere

They used to tell us One marijuana joint contained more cancer causing carcinogens than a whole pack of cigarettes or 4 packs something like that...whatever

Then why are 500,000 deaths reported for tobbacco

And zero for Cannabis.... Why?

No answer. sure

Thank-You for playing our game There are some lovely parting gifts waiting for you right this way.....

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Supposedly a teen did today. Saw headlines..didn't read the article. Maybe I was dreaming...was scanning new bytes and saw something regarding teen.

Why don't you get back to us on that? Sounds a little shaky! :laughing:

Dog Star

Veteran
Ultra,Concert in Split,Croatia.. lot of youth comes.. police kills young man 24 years cause
of 6 grams of weed in plastic baggie,guy tryed to swallow package but policeman kicks him in ribs
and neck and person suffocated with package... that was happend before 2 weeks or so..

that is the only death i know officialy from weed.. but i belive police was help a lot
in that case..

there is even video on Youtoube... Croatian folks was very harsh this days to policemans as they bother and kill kids cause
of few grams of weed.. but in the end nothing happends.. guy is dead,policemans are not suspended...

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
they said the same thing about schizophrenia, that pot smoke caused it

NOW science says that reality is people with latent schizophrenia are more likely to smoke because of the latent disease

so the question becomes how many people who have cardiovascular stress and heart conditions smoke because stress physically pains them?

How many people who smoke pot smoke cigarettes? what part of the population with 3x the amount of disease also led poor lifestyles potentially before they found weed?

Remember weed is a medicine but you need to use it with that intent and then allow the benefit you get from it to address other facets of lifestyle for optimal health

Smoke in and of itself will not heal you from continued bad lifestyle choices

Cvh

Supermod
How many lives did Cannabis save or made better?
The medical MJ scene is expanding exponentionally.

All the deaths are a result of oppression.

rolandomota

This qualifies as anti cannabis propaganda how many people will die of alcoholic congestion this year? And that shits legal! Weknow its killing people from long term use and short term. Where are the stories of that?

geneva_sativa

The utter bullshit and fear mongering that has been abounding in the media is really amazing. . .

I swear they could tell people that day is night and people would believe it. . .

The major news outlets are not your friend.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I read that article and marijuana was not listed as cause of death and the coroner said he had no reason why the guy’s heart went haywire and stopped. The coroner also suggested the family should seek out a geneticist and possibly have cardiovascular genetic testing to see if there’s a family history of genetic issues.

Probably the best information from that article came from a doctor from the Mayo Clinic. He said “our work is only as good as the studies that are done, but if they can’t be done, then we really can’t be definitive about anything.”

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why don't you get back to us on that? Sounds a little shaky! :laughing:

https://www.greenrushdaily.com/weed-ended-up-killing-their-22-year-old-son/

Similar to https://www.today.com/health/family-believes-marijuana-killed-their-healthy-son-t115183

Medical Examiners Unable To Say If Cannabis Was Cause of Death
Weed Ended Up Killing Their 22-Year-Old Son

A number of factors inhibit research on marijuana, including ongoing federal prohibition and problems with the quality of the cannabis used in official studies.

Even so, a number of studies have identified promising therapeutic and medicinal qualities of cannabis. And of course, thousands of people have said they’ve found success self-medicating with marijuana.

But there is also a body of research that highlights the dangers of cannabis use, especially for young adults and teenagers. At just 22 years old, Michael Ziobros may have been especially at risk.

But the medical examiner who found THC in Michael’s blood, Dr. Junaid Shaikh, told Today that he was unable to determine for sure whether or not cannabis killed the young man. In his report, the examiner noted that there just isn’t enough information about the effects of cannabis on the heart.

Importantly, one recent study does point to higher cardiovascular risks for cannabis users. According to Barbara Yankey and her team at Georgia State University, people who used cannabis had a threefold higher risk of dying from high blood pressure.

Parents Say Weed Ended Up Killing Their 22-Year-Old Son
Despite the inconclusive evidence, the Ziobros remain convinced their son died due to smoking extremely potent cannabis.

As such, they are unsatisfied with the explanation by the Union County Medical Examiner.

However, Dr. Shaikh did recommend in a letter to New Jersey state senator Thomas Kean that the Ziobros consider cardiovascular genetic testing to rule out possible hereditary causes for the arrhythmia that killed their son.

The Ziobros plan to follow that advice. But the Ziobros also hope that their tragic story will encourage others to take a closer look at the risks of using cannabis.

They knew their son used marijuana to treat his irritable bowel syndrome symptoms. And like him, they believed it was safe. “He just thought it was natural and organic and it ended up killing him,” said Kristina Ziobro.

That's what I saw..... take it or leave it. It's possible.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doubt it was "the cause"....but may have contributed to his death....so yes, it's possible. Besides Crohn's disease, there might have been some other underlying heart problems, uncharted/unknown. High THC might have contributed to spike in blood pressure, but as mourning parents say, "it [marijuana]killed him"....not enough concrete evidence. More contributory than causal without extensive cardiac function/cannabis studies conducted out there.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Also, there's the fact that it would be absolutely unprecedented if someone died from cannabis. If anybody DID actually die from cannabis, would we ever have gotten this far in terms of legalization? I don't think so.

It's not like cannabis is some new drug that nobody knows about. I have personally TRIED to kill myself with cannabis MANY times, but I always wake up in the morning. So there ya go.